Thai Police Pledge to Eradicate Foreign Motorcycle Clubs Involved in Alleged Criminal Activities

snoop1130

20 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

That's strange.  No mention by the joker as to how easy it is to obtain a visa with no money in the bank in exchange for a brown envelope with 25K baht to an agent.

Must be an urban legend.

He stamped it out by making people who didn't use agents keep 400k in the bank year 'round. HTH.

3 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Where did he say? Do you have any links to validate the veracity of your claim in your post?

Pattaya mail link gives the source they are quoting at the bottom and he does indeed say that. We can't mention source  here.

14 minutes ago, mokwit said:

The agent system went away after we had to keep 400k in the bank year 'round? He should have gone after the IO's who were facilitating it.

He understands that due to not their own fault, the IOs don't have access to earn in dollars. If they had access, I bet they would have earned more than people who flee their own country to seek refuge in a foreign land using either a "retirement visa" or a "wife visa". 

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Read the source cited at the bottom of the Pattaya Mail article. You will end up thinking this is more about getting rid of retirees than outlaw motorcycle gangs.

Yes i know, they are talking about increasing the financial requirements, probably another article tomorrow from Pattaya News

• Thumbs Up 1

44 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

BS

Potential upgraded requirements were discussed in the Bangkok Post, which unfortunately I cannot link to, as the BP do not allow links to their publication.

If you search for "Bangkok Post Driving out the gangs" you will find the article/quotes from Big Joke.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, zzzzz said:

Many thais are in these gangs< there not all Farangs

That is stupid remarks. Where will Thais go to do their criminal activities? It's their land and they have 100% rights to engage in criminal activities. It's the police's job to stop criminals. But it's also immigration police's jobs to deport foreigners engaged in criminal activities. Foreigners are rounded up for criminal activities and deported in every country. But locals cannot be deported. Hence, they are rounded up and put in the jails. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Why not crack down on all outlaw motorcycle clubs, foreign and local?

It's easy to crackdown on foreign MC because of their member's visa status, not reporting 90-day, not reporting their whereabouts (TM30), etc. But for Thais, they have to establish criminal activities before cracking them down. It's tougher for local MCs to crack them down. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, mokwit said:

He stamped it out by making people who didn't use agents keep 400k in the bank year 'round. HTH.

I though there was still a workaround on that requirement from recent comments I saw about agents and Bangkok Bank from one pats member...

1 hour ago, freedomnow said:

I though there was still a workaround on that requirement from recent comments I saw about agents and Bangkok Bank from one pats member...

Sorry, should have in some way better indicated I was being sarcastic. We all had to keep 400k year 'round but the agency business continued as before.

Edited by mokwit
  • Thumbs Up 2