Thai Police Pledge to Eradicate Foreign Motorcycle Clubs Involved in Alleged Criminal Activities

snoop1130

Revving up for justice: RTP launches covert crackdown on rogue motorcycle clubs
by Top 

image.jpeg

Picture courtesy of Pattaya News.

A countdown is underway for five prominent foreign motorcycle clubs that have been operating covertly within Thailand‘s borders. This comes as the Royal Thai Police (RTP) intensifies its efforts following a successful crackdown on the infamous Outlaws Motorcycle Club in Pattaya last month. The RTP’s relentless pursuit, initiated on July 21, resulted in the arrest of the alleged Austrian group leader just as he was about to flee the country, showcasing the RTP’s determination.

According to RTP disclosures, the notorious biking club, led by the Austrian national, has been involved in cross-border criminal activities. They were allegedly linked to a specific incident that occurred last June in Pattaya. During a hideout at a Bangkok-based Outlaws clubhouse, Olaf Thorsten Brinkmann, a 62 year old German property broker and a member of the German gang, was apprehended.

The arrest of Brinkmann and his three associates, coupled with the crackdown on the Outlaws Motorcycle Club, sets the stage for the RTP’s current mission against five major motorcycle clubs operating across the nation. These clubs include the Outlaws Motorcycle Club (Outlaws MC), Hells Angels Motorcycle Club (Hells Angels), Bandidos Motorcycle Club (the Bandido Nation), Mongols Motorcycle Club (the Mongol Brotherhood), and Vagos Motorcycle Club (also known as the Green Nation).

Mainly overseen by Australian citizens, these clubs thrive in popular tourist destinations like Phuket, Koh Samui in Surat Thani, and Pattaya. Allegedly, they demand protection fees from foreigners running businesses in these areas. In some cases, the risk escalates to abduction or murder of foreigners for monetary gains, according to the RTP.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/pattaya/royal-thai-police-intensify-crackdown-on-major-foreign-motorcycle-clubs

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-08-02

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

11 hours ago, BE88 said:

Big Joke declares that it is necessary to amend the pension permit law because it is too easy to obtain it with 800,000 B. and that to attract quality people it will be necessary to amend it. I assume he meant quality person who is willing to deposit a few million in Thai bank.

The tic tac has begun for our departure from the country of the quick smile.

The easiest way to do it is raising the retirement age for foreigners in Thailand to  65. AS that is when most countries set the age to retire, with a pension, Joke has known all along about these so-called biker clubs, but like the article said , the gangs only targeted foreigners, So no action taken, just a brown envelope every other month. Joke is looking to make more money.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Where did he say? Do you have any links to validate the veracity of your claim in your post?

Read in English newspaper that cannot be named here that begins with B.

10 minutes ago, Ginner said:

The easiest way to do it is raising the retirement age for foreigners in Thailand to  65. AS that is when most countries set the age to retire, with a pension, Joke has known all along about these so-called biker clubs, but like the article said , the gangs only targeted foreigners, So no action taken, just a brown envelope every other month. Joke is looking to make more money.

May be, or Big Joke tries to get back on top of immigration by sending the message to the new government, look I have a plan to get more money into the government if I'm elected.

12 hours ago, BE88 said:

Big Joke declares that it is necessary to amend the pension permit law because it is too easy to obtain it with 800,000 B. and that to attract quality people it will be necessary to amend it. I assume he meant quality person who is willing to deposit a few million in Thai bank.

The tic tac has begun for our departure from the country of the quick smile.

The reality is it is too easy to obtain without the need to have the money in the bank too....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Allegedly, they demand protection fees from foreigners running businesses in these areas. In some cases, the risk escalates to abduction or murder of foreigners for monetary gains, according to the RTP.

This can be stopped by making things more difficult for retirees it seems.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

The reality is it is too easy to obtain without the need to have the money in the bank too....

Now it is clear that the new government will have to find the 10,000 B. promised to the people with the return of Taskin and where will he get them?

One will certainly be these on the table, you know the farangs are all full of money in the Thai vision.

Big joke will have promised to clean up this possibility too.

Only the future will tell.

Truth to be told, would't want to be in Pol Maj Gen Surachate Hakparn, aka ' big joke' shoes with all those headaches he has to put up with from in-house criminals and foreign ones alike, the poor guy is viewed as the saviour of all Thailand's problems, big job for one man.

5 hours ago, mokwit said:

Sorry, should have in some way better indicated I was being sarcastic. We all had to keep 400k year 'round but the agency business continued as before.

Yep... The only Retirees impacted by the requirement to keep a minimum of 400K all year round were the ones who kept 800K in there in the 1st place. 

It had no impact on the people who don't keep the 800K & use an Agent to "Assist with Finances" for their extension who were presumably the target of the new rules. I don't even think Agents fee went up as a result of it.

Whatever changes they make I hope they will "Grandfather In" Retirees who have been here for many years, IIRC last time they increased the Finances they did this for Retirees who have had their (unbroken) Non-IMM O for 4 years. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

Their time would be better spent going after Thai criminal thief's and cheats ... oh sorry'   that would be thousands .....   ????

Popular belief has it that he is Prawit's appointee. He was appointed head of Immigration when they had a contract for fingerprint recognition. Apparently he was put in place to ensure there was no corruption in the contract award...........

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mokwit said:

Popular belief has it that he is Prawit's appointee. He was appointed head of Immigration when they had a contract for fingerprint recognition. Apparently he was put in place to ensure there was no corruption in the contract award...........

I wonder who's watching  the Corruption Investgator,   while he's watching the Corrupt

13 hours ago, NoDisplayName said:

That's strange.  No mention by the joker as to how easy it is to obtain a visa with no money in the bank in exchange for a brown envelope with 25K baht to an agent.

Must be an urban legend.

A phone payment nowadays....brown envelopes are gone.

11 hours ago, swerve said:

Should target the criminal bikers in particular (and not all retirees) to find a way to get rid of them.  Maybe with criminal record checks and a tattoo limit (eg. >10% of total skin area).

11 hours ago, swerve said:

Should target the criminal bikers in particular (and not all retirees) to find a way to get rid of them.  Maybe with criminal record checks and a tattoo limit (eg. >10% of total skin area).

th?id=OIP.ERu0URyIAmB8MMB_RdYykwAAAA&pid=Api&P=0&h=180 check for this one  that will be enough 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, mokwit said:

That was before the 2014 "Government" and it's high quality appointees. They didn't grandfather a change in financial requirements for retirees - specifically 400k year 'round. I just think to change the deal on retirees makes Thailand NOT a retirement destination and that will likely be broadcast on the internet by people who have to leave and go back to rainy afternoons back home.

My guess is it will be 3m, maybe grandfathering, depending on who the Government is. No, I am not scaremongering. 3m seems to be their new minimum for "quality" judging by recent visas aimed at "quality" tourists. Easily achieved by not issuing new 800k extensions and requiring new retirees to get OA/OX (with all the attendant requirements such as no criminal record) in their home country.

If it does go to 3Million then I can only hope that the silver lining is we get the 10 (2x5) year visa that go along with the Non-IMM OX...

I would guess that the increase will be to either 1Million (has a nice round number feel about it) or 1.2Million (50% increase) either of which are a hell of a bump but not too big as to generate Headlines of "Thailand Doubles/Triples Requirements for Retirement Visas"  

Maybe somewhere in the middle? E.g. 1.5 - 2Million in the Bank for a 5 year Visa? 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, BE88 said:

Read in English newspaper that cannot be named here that begins with B.

It was in a German expat gazette yesterday (TIP Zeitung). A mate alarmed me.

If it all goes back to BP you can still hope it's a hoax.