Tourist visa requirements

Used to have a retirement visa which expired as not been back for 3 years.

I'm planning a trip for up to 6 months departing around November 2023.

Could someone advise procedure and requirements in UK to obtain appropriate Tourist visa?

and if any other/better options available for up to 6 months stay. 

(I don't have required funds in Thailand for retirement visa and not wishing to remit funds.)

Thanks

Edited by twix38

14 hours ago, twix38 said:

Used to have a retirement visa which expired as not been back for 3 years.

I'm planning a trip for up to 6 months departing around November 2023.

Could someone advise procedure and requirements in UK to obtain appropriate Tourist visa?

and if any other/better options available for up to 6 months stay. 

(I don't have required funds in Thailand for retirement visa and not wishing to remit funds.)

Thanks

These days, it's an e-Visa - start here Official Website of Thailand Electronic Visa (thaievisa.go.th)

Quite few threads on AN with people's experiences from the UK

E visa from London either Tourist multiple entry or Non Imm O multiple entry. Either straightforward to obtain if you can meet financial requirements. Last year entered on Tourist M entry, this year on Non imm O multiple. The latter gives 90 days on each entry.

Yes great video and thanks to all for responses. 

Got me wondering how far I could get on visa exempt entry?

Is it back to 30 days with 30 day extension at immigration for UK? So 2 months......Have I got that right?

17 minutes ago, twix38 said:

Yes great video and thanks to all for responses. 

Got me wondering how far I could get on visa exempt entry?

Is it back to 30 days with 30 day extension at immigration for UK? So 2 months......Have I got that right?

Correct.

What a frigging pain in the butt the online tourist visa is....want you to download all kinds of nonsense but will not accept a screenshot...only jpeg and pdf file?  So how do i convert online flight confirmation to jpeg or pdf...it will not convert it.  So go somewhere to print it out , take a pic of the printout with phone, download the photo?   Sign declaration but can't sign online...have to print it out then take a pic of it...except of course don't have printer or want to mess with sign online download software...

It is like the people who review all the submitted docs go out of their way to hassle you.  Give us your departure flight...ok but i am leaving thailand overland then come back later for a flight out of thailand so here is my departing flight from Thailand.......it's like they cannot imagine anyone leaving thailand overland then coming back later for their flight home.  Guess I am the first ever to do that. 

Give us confirmation copy of all the hotels you plan to stay?  Gee i am a tourist so plan to visit many places but don't want to book every single night hotel yet as not sure exactly where i want to visit and how many nights i may want to stay...DUH.

I have entered and left thailand dozens of times over past 25 years all of which is in their computer system.  NOT once have i have overstayed or done a bunch of border bounces or got into any kind of trouble but obviously that means NOTHING.  How about they look appllicants up in their computer system and if never ever a hint of a problem not hassle the crap out of you to get a 60 day tourist visa?

13 hours ago, pomchop said:

So how do i convert online flight confirmation to jpeg or pdf.

What operating system (OS) does your computer have, Microsoft Windows or Apple OS?

I know that on Windows I can "print to PDF" and this saves the information on the screen as a PDF file. My wife's Apple computer offers the  same function, from what I have seen. This PDF file can then be uploaded into the eVisa application.

1 hour ago, Maestro said:

What operating system (OS) does your computer have, Microsoft Windows or Apple OS?

I know that on Windows I can "print to PDF" and this saves the information on the screen as a PDF file. My wife's Apple computer offers the  same function, from what I have seen. This PDF file can then be uploaded into the eVisa application.

i have windows 11 so thanks for the tip....i did send them a screenshot that i think i did as print to screen and though clear as could be they said no screen shots?i have already printed it out and taken a pic and sent it back to them in jpeg so hope to hear today that it is ok.......and of course already told them that my departure flight is from vietnam as i go there overland from thailand so why they would need to know my flight out of viet nam is part of the absurd way it is all structured...they just don;t seem to grasp that a tourist might actually leave thailand overland and not by air....anyway...thanks for your advice as it will not surprise me if they don't like the jpeg i sent them...

10 hours ago, lewis1 said:

don´t they accept bus ticket out of Thailand?  many years ago it was OK.  but....i don´t know nowadays...

I have never ever bought a bus ticket in advance..i am not in thailand yet and will buy the ticket after i get there a week or so before i leave thailand...not sure how many people would buy a ticket 4 months or so before they plan to take the bus...i don't even know what city i will depart from yet...

12 hours ago, lewis1 said:

don´t they accept bus ticket out of Thailand?  many years ago it was OK.  but....i don´t know nowadays...

The requirement for booked flights has become the norm. In some cases, embassies/consulates will still accept a convincing itinerary in place of an onward flight. People who feel lucky can try.

2 hours ago, pomchop said:

...i did send them a screenshot...

A screenshot is not acceptable because it creates a JPG image of only the part of the document, in your case the flight ticket, that is displayed on the screen when the shot is taken.

To "print to PDF", you press CTRL+P on the keyboard, in the field for "Destination" select "Save as PDF", click on "Save", select the folder where you want to save it, click on "Save"

In most cases, though, the airlines send me the booking confirmation or the e-ticket as a PDF document attached to an email and I can save it to my computer from there.

P.S. Make sure you have the Adobe Acrobat Reader (free version) installed on your computer.

Edited by Maestro
added postscript

58 minutes ago, Maestro said:

A screenshot is not acceptable because it creates a JPG image of only the part of the document, in your case the flight ticket, that is displayed on the screen when the shot is taken.

To "print to PDF", you press CTRL+P on the keyboard, in the field for "Destination" select "Save as PDF", click on "Save", select the folder where you want to save it, click on "Save"

In most cases, though, the airlines send me the booking confirmation or the e-ticket as a PDF document attached to an email and I can save it to my computer from there.

P.S. Make sure you have the Adobe Acrobat Reader (free version) installed on your computer.

Thanks

12 hours ago, lewis1 said:

I was meaning cheap bus ticket, which you can throw away, just for getting visa...

i am waiting to hear back from them once again...who knows maybe they will accept the flight out of vietnam with me just saying i am leaving thailand overland....probably find out next week....so far only about two weeks since i first applied and getting closer....if need i will book a ticket bkk to nrt on mileage points send them the confirmation so they can check their box then cxl teh flight no penalty...what a joke