Is it really more fun in the Philippines?

bob smith

Philippines is more expensive. The food sucks. Alcohol is cheaper though. The Filipinas used to be  more fun and better in bed, but not anymore. But it's a beautiful country, and is different enough to make for a nice change after years or decades in LOS 

1 hour ago, Felton Jarvis said:

I don’t want to live in any place that requires a bank deposit for residency. You can currently live for three years in the Phil on a tourist visa before you have to leave and do a visa run. Not a big deal, I just wish they had a straight option for a certain income figure to live there.  I do like the fact that you can get residency if you marry a local lady. This is something Thailand should copy but never will.

But where is good there?

5 minutes ago, LukKrueng said:

Oh, yeah, I remember the days just over 10 years ago when the girls only wanted your smile and a hug. I'm pretty sure that's all the filipinas want. Go check it out and let us know, will ya?

They say it is not about the money, but every guy here talks about the money, and not the responsibility! Of course the girls want a man to secure them in Phillippines as everywhere else. But because of their situation, they seems to be willing to accept anything to make a step up, and hopefully manage better from there on. 

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, bignok said:

What places in Chiang Rai are good for a beer? Dont need a girly bar.

O’Kane’s in popular (has Guinness), Hangover Bar if you are a smoker

For food and Guiness/Kilkenny/other premium brands then La Ola mediterranean restaurant

• Thanks 1

Just now, bignok said:

You live there?

Yes, I do, since I lost everything in Thailand, I moved back that was the best move I ever made and don't tell me it is super expensive. I live on a pension now get heaps of free things which I will never get in Thailand, and I still travel to Thailand once or twice a year. I have free health insurance free hospital free bus travel electricity assistant and rent assistant and many other things so what more do I need?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/3/2023 at 9:12 AM, ezzra said:

The Philippines, as Thailand, used to be a mongering haven back 20 or so years ago, not so much now where mafia type are controlling the bar/girly scenes and prices are up there far cray from days of yore.

Agree, my 1st and last vacay there was in early 90,s.

The companion fee was "up to you" The only reason Myself and pals never went back was because of the male species..making a Mexican thief look like a choirboy. Plus shotgun toting security guards everywhere.  

On 8/3/2023 at 9:32 AM, BritManToo said:

It's essentially the same game in a different country.

For me it's not more fun, but it is as much fun, same as Cambodia and Vietnam.

BUT, if you're one of those guys that wants to talk with his bed partners the Filipino ladies are well ahead in the game. They talk our language, watch our movies, listen to our music and understand our humour and culture.The people are generally more friendly than Thais, and it's easy to make pals with guys or girls (something impossible in Thailand), and they do actually appear to like foreigners.

Not to mention it's really easy for a foreigner to live in the Philippines compared to Thailand. No income or savings required.

Hi BMT, yes I visited  there briefly in the past but its not 1st on my list.With all the rumbling about the IO rules possibly changing I'm undecided if I'd go to Cambo or PP. I'm not deeply in love with either place. I did like Battambang though. As long as there is good farang food available.

I think you get some real sicko expats in Philippines. On a whole different level then Thailand or Cambodia, which seem tame in comparison.

Not sure why, maybe because the visa is easier or it’s cheaper or there’s less people around watching ????????‍♂️.If “scammers” here bother you though, Philippines is much worse.

I think customs or immigration looks on you suspiciously more for Philippines also if your going in and out of the USA. I could see them doing secondary checks etc if I said Philippines. Just a hunch.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Filipina Pea did a video interviewing a bunch of girls and asked them to rate themselves 1-10.  A few said they were 2's and 4's a few went as high as 5's.  Very refreshing.  I would give them 5 stars for honesty and bag to put over each of their heads.

3 hours ago, biggles45 said:

Spidermike, while I agree with most things you say not sure I can agree with your friends take on violence here. I have lived in AC for  10 years, visited for 17 or so. 

I have NEVER had any sort of confrontation with a local male. I used public transport for the last 9 years (no car/bike) without incident. I guess I would be an ideal target, 77 years old now, 165cm small, 75 kg and couldn't fight my way out of a paper bag. 

That is good to hear. Pleasant news. I sure like the PI people. And find the male population infinitely more interesting. It still astonishes me how few make friends I have here. They just don't seem interested. Maybe if I was fluent? Maybe. They don't seem curious, at all. 

What’s this dribble about needing no money? Just extending a tourist visa?

it was my understanding you need a bank deposit for a retirement visa???

SRRV says you need a pension over 50 yrs old or $50k in their bank under 35 yrs old??

Edited by JimTripper

1 hour ago, Shop mak said:

It's certainly not more fun in Phils.

It's very different, and if one is open for big changes from Thailand, it's a new experience.

Internet used to be slow and expensive. Friends who stayed through covid says internet is much faster now. Cheaper mobile internet packages are available.

No friends has been robbed at gunpoint, or experienced violence.

However, desperation is in your face 24/7, beggars everywhere. For pinoys finding work in country is very difficult, and time limited employment seems to be the norm. Pinoys all wish to work overseas, or marry a foreigner.

Food sucks. Bland. Chewy. Fancy a bird embryo (Balut): fertilized duck egg delicious, huh!.

Jollibee fast food is a cheap copy of McD, tried it once, didn't return. Burger King was just ok, not same Thailand.

Western restaurants can be good, for a price of 10 to 40 dollar for a meal.

Supermarkets in major cities might have a deli section with imported cheese and wine. All cost a fortune. A friend did his weekly shopping and was freaked out when the teller wanted more than 100 dollars, for 1 week of food. Beer is cheaper than in Thailand.

The girls, I find them sweet and passionate, but most of them are just too chubby fat around their waistline, not to mention their big spanish thighs.

A older man can easy find a new girlfriend so easy that one have to juggle time and place for dates.

The girls want to get married asap and have a mix baby. Friends who went that route said that after they had a kid, gf or wife become fat, lazy, and little action in the bedroom.

So many teenage girls usually have a kid or two, before they reach adulthood. No sex education in school, or at home (sounds familiar)

Population explosion are extreme. 

1439987078_Screenshot_20230804-181329_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.5ef6e2956258dba72786c5a600521b76.jpg

https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/philippines-population/

Adultery is a serious crime in Phils. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concubinage_(law)

https://attorney.org.ph/legal-news/141-the-elements-of-adultery

Visa is easy up to 3 years. No deposit of any kind was required.

Immigration was friendly enough.

After food and dining out, rent apartment or condo was my 2nd biggest expence. But the quality and quantity is nowhere like Thailand. Smallest condo I found was only 20sqm for 350 dollars.. Electricity cost 2,5 times more than Thailand. Living cost are much higher than in Thailand.

For those who want fun, rental market are limited. Hourly rate similar as Thailand, bikini bars want payment up front, and any kind of happy ending are surely not guaranteed. She just got her period, arriving in your room.

Boracay are very beautiful, beach after beach, good general nightlife. Hotel and rentals are expensive.

My fav. place.

Travelling between the 7,000+ islands are time consuming. Ferrys not recommended, some thousand people die every year in fire onboard. Air travel, often late minute cancellations, and overbooking is common.

Pros: Stay 3 year. Easy visa no bank deposit. Easiest place to find a girlfriend. English. Feeling welcome in their country every day.

Cons: Air Quality, whatever result IqAir air visual shows, many get the cough and respitory problems within a few months.

Higher living costs than Thailand, for less.

Traffic gridlock.

Empty atm's.

Overloaded health care and lack of quality outside Manila.

Earthquake and typhoons are frequent.

The list can go on and on ..

It isn't more fun.

Just very different.

Great post. Thanks. Had a good friend who moved to several spots there, and had major lung issues in each place. Seems the gas is very low grade and sooty. 

Agree about the food. The Western food is good, but expensive. The local food is mostly horrendous. 

The bar action used to be amazing. I am told it is not anymore and has gone online. Oh well. I find the whole country to be like one huge Tijuana. So much poverty. Some hot women, though. 

1 hour ago, Shop mak said:

It's certainly not more fun in Phils.

It's very different, and if one is open for big changes from Thailand, it's a new experience.

Internet used to be slow and expensive. Friends who stayed through covid says internet is much faster now. Cheaper mobile internet packages are available.

No friends has been robbed at gunpoint, or experienced violence.

However, desperation is in your face 24/7, beggars everywhere. For pinoys finding work in country is very difficult, and time limited employment seems to be the norm. Pinoys all wish to work overseas, or marry a foreigner.

Food sucks. Bland. Chewy. Fancy a bird embryo (Balut): fertilized duck egg delicious, huh!.

Jollibee fast food is a cheap copy of McD, tried it once, didn't return. Burger King was just ok, not same Thailand.

Western restaurants can be good, for a price of 10 to 40 dollar for a meal.

Supermarkets in major cities might have a deli section with imported cheese and wine. All cost a fortune. A friend did his weekly shopping and was freaked out when the teller wanted more than 100 dollars, for 1 week of food. Beer is cheaper than in Thailand.

The girls, I find them sweet and passionate, but most of them are just too chubby fat around their waistline, not to mention their big spanish thighs.

A older man can easy find a new girlfriend so easy that one have to juggle time and place for dates.

The girls want to get married asap and have a mix baby. Friends who went that route said that after they had a kid, gf or wife become fat, lazy, and little action in the bedroom.

So many teenage girls usually have a kid or two, before they reach adulthood. No sex education in school, or at home (sounds familiar)

Population explosion are extreme. 

1439987078_Screenshot_20230804-181329_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.5ef6e2956258dba72786c5a600521b76.jpg

https://www.worldometers.info/world-population/philippines-population/

Adultery is a serious crime in Phils. 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concubinage_(law)

https://attorney.org.ph/legal-news/141-the-elements-of-adultery

Visa is easy up to 3 years. No deposit of any kind was required.

Immigration was friendly enough.

After food and dining out, rent apartment or condo was my 2nd biggest expence. But the quality and quantity is nowhere like Thailand. Smallest condo I found was only 20sqm for 350 dollars.. Electricity cost 2,5 times more than Thailand. Living cost are much higher than in Thailand.

For those who want fun, rental market are limited. Hourly rate similar as Thailand, bikini bars want payment up front, and any kind of happy ending are surely not guaranteed. She just got her period, arriving in your room.

Boracay are very beautiful, beach after beach, good general nightlife. Hotel and rentals are expensive.

My fav. place.

Travelling between the 7,000+ islands are time consuming. Ferrys not recommended, some thousand people die every year in fire onboard. Air travel, often late minute cancellations, and overbooking is common.

Pros: Stay 3 year. Easy visa no bank deposit. Easiest place to find a girlfriend. English. Feeling welcome in their country every day.

Cons: Air Quality, whatever result IqAir air visual shows, many get the cough and respitory problems within a few months.

Higher living costs than Thailand, for less.

Traffic gridlock.

Empty atm's.

Overloaded health care and lack of quality outside Manila.

Earthquake and typhoons are frequent.

The list can go on and on ..

It isn't more fun.

Just very different.

Sounds bad.

• Thumbs Up 1