We Tv Installation

Thaihog

I recently tried to install WE TV but was told by the technician that it is not possible as I have a plasma TV which does not have an aeriel socket. Does anybody know of a way around this problem. I currently have UBC hooked up to my TV and was wanting WE TV as well as its sports channels are good and it make a change from the repetative UBC channels.

TIA.

Does anybody know of a way around this problem.

Yes, several.

They all involve connecting something that DOES have an aerial socket + TV tuner AND and some kind of OUT that your TV does swallow such as S-VHS / S-Video or regular TV out. Such as:

* An old VCR. :o

* Possibly a DVD recorder

* A computer with TV-tuner card and TV-Out. (TV tuner cards are cheap and easily installed)

* A dedicated TV tuner

* Some kind of TIVO-like box or other dedicated multimedia computer packed into a box that looks like a consumer-electronic appliance.

Edited by chanchao

So, wanna buy an old Sony VCR with S-Video out ? :o

I wanted to throw it away but apparently the beast has sennimental value to the Mrs, but possibly not so sennimental that a modest afternoon shopping budget couldn't help evaporate it. :D It's really high-end for a Sony VCR, and judging from your story not QUITE as obsolete as I thought. :D

Comes with a remote control with more functions than the USS Enterprise bridge.

Edited by chanchao