Donald Trump due in court to face election 2020 charges

Social Media

image.png

Former US President Donald Trump will be formally charged at a court hearing later for allegedly plotting to overturn his 2020 election defeat.

Mr Trump, 77, is due to appear at a federal courthouse in Washington DC on Thursday at 16:00 EDT (20:00 GMT).

It is expected that he will attend in person and plead not guilty.

On the eve of the arraignment he slammed the case as proof of the "corruption, scandal, and failure" of the US under Joe Biden's presidency.

Mr Trump already faces two other criminal cases as he campaigns for the White House next year.

In this latest indictment, Mr Trump faces four counts, including conspiracy to defraud the US, tampering with a witness and conspiracy against the rights of citizens.

The former president has visited Washington DC only once since leaving the White House. A queue was already forming on Wednesday evening outside the courthouse.

FULL STORY

BBC-LOGO.png

BARR: “To me, it’s amazing that you read through the indictment and his behavior in that indictment. And it’s nauseating, it’s despicable behavior.

“Whether it’s criminal or not, someone who engaged in that kind of bullying about a process that is fundamental to our system and to our self-government shouldn’t be anywhere near the Oval Office. And for him to be attacking a prosecutor who is investigating that with all the epithets, and so forth, which he has no basis for, as far as I can tell, is ridiculous.

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/03/politics/bill-barr-trump-what-matters/index.html

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, 2baht said:

It's amazing how many deluded Americans still support this obnoxious fool!

Sure dident see any at this his 3 arrest arraignment more cops and media lmao ???? I wonder how long till he starts flapping his yap and digging himself in deeper!

9 hours ago, Tug said:

Hope they yank his passport!definitely going to be a major tantrum blubber poor me fest after!

Aug. 3, 2023, 4:32 p.m. ET

It’s also no surprise that prosecutors did not require Trump to surrender his passport or attach any other serious condition to his release. The same thing happened in the Florida case.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2023/08/03/us/trump-arraignment-news

57 minutes ago, 2baht said:

It's amazing how many deluded Americans still support this obnoxious fool!

Literally nothing will change their minds, its truly a cult for the hardcore followers. Nobody can forget these remarks by their leader.

"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody, and I wouldn't lose any voters, OK?" Trump remarked at a campaign stop at Dordt College in Sioux Center, Iowa. "It's, like, incredible."

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/01/23/464129029/donald-trump-i-could-shoot-somebody-and-i-wouldnt-lose-any-voters

I like how he implausibly whined that Washington DC had fallen completely into a ruin like out of the Walking Dead since he left. As I understand it, it was 100% ghetto-free during his Kim Il-reign.

The drive in from the DC airport is perfectly benign. His sense of completely made up aggrievement knows no bounds.

• Thumbs Up 1

And then, during the (1980 debate with Carter) , Reagan posed what has become one of the most important campaign questions of all time: “Are you better off today than you were four years ago?” 

https://www.hks.harvard.edu/publications/are-you-better-you-were-4-years-ago

There still may be too many disillusioned and deluded persons in 2024 to scare the h. out of me.

• Thanks 1