Converting from Non-IMM O to Non-IMM OX

Just a quick update, I went in to see my Agent today to arrange for my extension (completely forgot it was a Public Holiday & Immigration was closed today) & they said that they cannot help with the conversion from Non-IMM O to Nom-IMM OX but suggested that I should speak to immigration if I was interested in doing it & they felt it would be possible to do it there. 

And on that note, they also told me that I need to attend Jomtien Immigration tomorrow to have my photo taken there (last year I didn't need to attend but had the photo taken in the Agents office). 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, some info in this thread.

Ubonjoe posts only available from Thai embassies or consulates.

Despite some links stating otherwise. 

They are a very rare visa with good reason..

You already posted this thread link in 2nd post of thread. It is over 3 years old and things may have changed. The Official Thailand immigration link I posted above clearly says you can apply for an OX in Thailand and lists all requirements to do so

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pattaya57 said:

I posted above clearly says you can apply for an OX in Thailand and lists all requirements to do so

Hopefully someone can post personal experience and outline the process they went through to obtain a Non O-X in Thailand.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

OP, some info in this thread.

Ubonjoe posts only available from Thai embassies or consulates.

Despite some links stating otherwise. 

They are a very rare visa with good reason..

It seems likely that applying from Thailand is possible, given that they have designed a specific form (TM-89) for the purpose. As you write, this visa is a rare bird, and seems inferior to the LTR-WP (Long Term Resident Wealthy Pensioner) visa.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Can the 3m thb be in 3 accounts either at 3 different banks or even the same bank to avoid being over the protection limit?

The guidance on the London website does not mention this, simply must be held in a Thai bank i take that as in one bank account, the Vancouver embassy states

A copy of bank statement (from Thailand financial institutes only) and a letter of guarantee from the bank with bank’s contact information showing a deposit of the amount equal to and not less than 3 Million bahts,

Which i read as it must be all in one account

further the London embassy website states

1. Applicants must have Thai medical insurance during their stay in Thailand (per the approval of the Office of Insurance Commission) and medical claims for outpatient must not be less than 40,000 Baht, for inpatient must not be less than 400,000 Baht.    But then states 3 million baht coverage is required
  3. Copy of evidence stating that applicants have insurance as per stipulated by the Office of Insurance Commission and health insurance of Thailand which covers COVID-19 related medical expenses, both inpatient and outpatient, no less than 100,000 USD for the whole period of your stay in Thailand. Please check http://longstay.tgia.org> for more information regarding the insurance requirement.