"Chonburi Coast" / "Thailand’s Eastern Seaboard" named among top places to retire in Asia

Jingthing

By U.S. News and World Report (a mainstream old style conservative U.S. news magazine).

Very much and obviously referring to metro Pattaya but they were too timid to mention it. Read the description if you doubt it. 

I consider this a big deal.

This area is getting more and more attention by international mainstream media and also of course online as a really great area for retirement.

Best Places to Retire in Asia | Retirement | U.S. News (usnews.com)

Thailand’s Eastern Seaboard

Less than a two-hour drive from Bangkok is Thailand’s eastern seaboard, a 30-mile stretch of glorious coastline that’s also known as the Chonburi Coast. The area was a collection of sleepy fishing villages until the 1960s when it became a base for U.S. military operations during the Vietnam War.

Today, this part of Thailand is home to one of the most diverse expat communities in Southeast Asia and is popular with people from all over the world. While a few quiet fishing villages still exist, seemingly frozen in time, the seaboard also offers modernity, excellent infrastructure and an international flair.

Of course more stupidly, they name a place in India and a place in Vietnam, two countries that have no retirement visa option.

Edited by Jingthing

Good info. thanks.  Pattaya yes, but it also includes Rayong, greater Chonburi and Chachoengsao.  

A share of expats live or are considering living in these areas outside of Pattaya.  Less traffic. less stress more nature and probably lower costs then living in metro Pattaya.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, bkk6060 said:

greater Chonburi and Chachoengsao.  

I think all those Chonburi towns by the sea and the largest of them all is Pattaya, of course, including Sattahip, Rayong, Ban Bueng, Si Racha, etc. I like Jomtien suburb of Pattaya. I wonder why there is no McDonald? When I want to eat a fish-filet, my only favorite McDonald foods, I have to go to Tree Town. 

Edited by CartagenaWarlock
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I likeJomtien suburb of Pattaya. I wonder why there is no McDonald? When I want to eat a fish-filet, my only favorite McDonald foods, I have to go to Tree Town. 

Boo hoo hooo. That is why Jomtien is nice: Small seafood places on the seafront and cheap accommodation. While it lasts. Pizza hut displaced some hole in the wall seafood places in S. Jomtien. And now plans to destroy "improve the promenade" like these jerks did along Pattaya beach. Have a look at history:Screenshot_2023-08-09-07-12-08-54.thumb.jpg.08e483d1b5474878b0574c5f2dcc2332.jpg