Support for 7 year old girl rape & murder case

ncc1701d

10 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

I assume that the "murdered" part was an error, since you plan to adopt the girl?

In any case one can only hope the hearing on the 10th will be just a formality. Can your GF not attend?

It is not an error. It was our intention to do so once we were able to, perhaps the end of the year. My girlfriend will be attending with the family that was looking after her in the interim. I'm not asking for any help other than of anyone is in the area and doesn't mind sitting in as a show of support towards her case. from what I've read in other threads, I don't want this to get looked over because it only looks like just another case that no one cares about.

• Like 1

Just now, Sheryl said:

I was referring to the statement that the girl was murdered as an error, not that you plan to adopt her.  Obviously she cannot have been murdered if you plan to adopt her.

We have been planning for a while, since she lost the rest of her family about a year ago. One to Covid and one to cancer. It was a medium to long term plan. She was staying with the a good family until we could adopt her. We obviously can't now - she been murdered. Its just the timeline you seem to have incorrect

Just now, ncc1701d said:

We have been planning for a while, since she lost the rest of her family about a year ago. One to Covid and one to cancer. It was a medium to long term plan. She was staying with the a good family until we could adopt her. We obviously can't now - she been murdered. Its just the timeline you seem to have incorrect

Got it. It was your verb tenses that confused me.

Sorry for your loss. What a tragedy.

• Like 2

First of all .  I’m sorry to hear a very tragic story such as this.  May the little girl RIP. 
I realize it’s the way you feel.  But this does not call for a show of support.  It’s a case that the court system needs to address.  And the guilty has to be punished.  The victim is  a seven year old child.  That makes the case very different.  No one is going to let the person get away with that.  And if the person is sent to prison.  His fellow prisoners will know what he did.  And they will not take too kindly of it. 
Instead of asking for strangers to attend.to show support .  You say there are distant relatives in Korat?  But they can’t afford to travel.  Maybe you should consider paying for them to attend the trial.  The family should be at the proceedings if they want. 

Edited by swm59nj
  • Like 1

What a disgusting crime, and rest the soul of this poor unfortunate child. I hope the law comes down full force (not the usual 50% discount) on the guy.

Regarding your plea for support, OP, I find it a bit odd. You are asking complete strangers to attend, who most likely may not be able to follow the complex language of a court of law. You are also doing this one day before the hearing, when yoy say you knew the date for a few days already.

I would suggest it's up to your girlfriend to organize support from as many friends and acquaintances possible, to trace and inform distant relatives, maybe go social or contact media. You would be very helpful providing financial support for this - as it seems you can. Anyway this is only the first hearing, no doubt there will be others where the above can be organized properly.

Best wishes for the outcome.

RIP So sad to hear this sort of crime, especially with a young girl that had the rest of her life ahead of her. I applaud you for trying to adopt her, just too bad about the timing. I hope you can get some closure and move on with your life, reading your message it seems you that you did the best you could for her. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Theory said:

I'm sorry, but why don't you call and sick ?!!! But of course If you do really care ?!!! ????

It is not simply a case of calling in sick.

The OP will also have to rearrange flights, hotel booking etc.

Depending on his job, his line manager and on the company, they may let him take an early extended holiday, perhaps without pay for the extra days.

OTOH they may simply say no, and if he does take the extra time off, he may not have a job to return to.

This is simply speculation and my own opinion on my part as I don't know the OP or the company that he works for.