Tragic twist: Teenager shoots parents with father’s firearm in northeast Thailand

webfact

4 hours ago, milesinnz said:

You need a dose of your own medicine and then the world would be a better place. Your level of ignorance and stupidity are astounding and guess what, if we were to look at your childhood we would soon find the reason for your dysfunction. And along with this obvious level of dysfunction is the total inability to even discuss such issues - and how sick in the head is that ? If I was to say there was no such thing as free choice you would blow a gasket. If you knew anything about childhood development - which you clearly do not, you would know that criminals are created not born. But you are not even capable of discussing this. I would say "get an education" but in your case I can see that would be impossible as you only play to your confirmation bias - sorry for the long word.

I must admit my statement was wrong, it should have been " In hindsight the kid should have been drowned at childbirth"

Now you can like it or give another tirade on my mental health, either way I will not be loosing any sleep due to your comments

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Grumpy one said:

I must admit my statement was wrong, it should have been " In hindsight the kid should have been drowned at childbirth"

Now you can like it or give another tirade on my mental health, either way I will not be loosing any sleep due to your comments

I think we all understand why you feel this way. If he wasn't here, the parents would not be shot. Doesn't take into account that they might be the ones responsible for his behavior. Granted, like I said, some are born genetically inclined to be psychopaths, but that's a minority. Most are raised to be that way.

4 hours ago, milesinnz said:

You don’t have a clue what you are talking about and know nothing about childhood development and further you would not want to learn as it would be contrary to your confirmation bias. And if we were to look into your childhood we would find the reasons for this. You are not even capable of discussing such issues, you would just wet yourself and run for the exit. The critical years are from 0 to 3… I could explain why but you are not capable of absorbing this – see confirmation bias. “They are born with the desire to hurt others.” wrong – idiot. Babies are born with a need to have their needs met – this is why they will shout and scream – you are confused but I guess that is an easy occurrence in your case. In a functional childhood there comes a time when the young child realizes there are other people they must become aware of and learn to become socialized but if the years 0 to 3 have been full of abuse this will be close to impossible. I could say a lot more, but it would be completely wasted on an idiot like you – but would gladly give you some lessons – except you don’t want them do you ? And we will find the answer to your perversions in your childhood.

What an extraordinary rant about someone you don't know and have never met and know nothing about. Lots of accusations, abuse, assumptions and statements given as fact. According to you:

1 - I don't have a clue what I'm talking about

2 - I know nothing about childhood development

3 - I would not want to learn

4 - I am guilty of confirmation bias

5 - The reasons for the above are in my childhood experiences

6 - I am not capable of discussing the issue

7 - I would not be capable of absorbing your superior knowledge

8 - You disagree with my point of view so I'm an idiot (thrown at me twice)

9 - I am confused

10 - I don't want to learn

11 - My childhood has led to my perversions (ie not agreeing with you)

What an extraordinary person you are, to make so many statements about someone you actually know nothing about. Now, I wonder why what I wrote touched such a nerve? I could make assumptions of course, but I don't know you and have never met you and I know nothing about you. So I'll just leave it there.

I see, though, that I am not the only person that you insulted. It appears you have serious issues. Again, I could speculate why that might be but I don't make accusations and assumptions about someone I don't know. That would be arrogant and stupid. Wouldn't it.

Edited by Bangkok Barry
  • Thumbs Up 2

22 hours ago, stoner said:

i am sure he didn't learn any of this behavior in the 18 years of life he lived.

Don't you mean that he DID learn this behaviour in the 18 years of life he lived?

What's the alternative?

22 hours ago, stoner said:

you right. 

my idea of describing the mother is still relatively the same though. i was off on the numbers is all.  

Relatively the same?

My maternal granny started dropping her eventual brood of 15 at the tender age age of 17. This was in the remote highlands of Scotland, mostly between the wars where electricity was still decades away. Apart from one still-born and a son who lost his life serving in Bomber Command, no dysfucntional or abusive siblings were nurtured on the farm. Uncle Jimmy was gay, accepted and was a very successful 5-star hotel manager in London. The ensuing generation, which includes myself and my sister and maybe two dozen cousins scattered around the world is similarly bereft of pedo's, rapists and serial killers. If this wasn't the case, as the family curtain twitcher, Auntie Ivy would have told us all by now.

Back to the OP, it's hard to label and pigeonhole with such scant information.

2 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Relatively the same?

My maternal granny started dropping her eventual brood of 15 at the tender age age of 17. This was in the remote highlands of Scotland, mostly between the wars where electricity was still decades away. Apart from one still-born and a son who lost his life serving in Bomber Command, no dysfucntional or abusive siblings were nurtured on the farm. Uncle Jimmy was gay, accepted and was a very successful 5-star hotel manager in London. The ensuing generation, which includes myself and my sister and maybe two dozen cousins scattered around the world is similarly bereft of pedo's, rapists and serial killers. If this wasn't the case, as the family curtain twitcher, Auntie Ivy would have told us all by now.

Back to the OP, it's hard to label and pigeonhole with such scant information.

none of this has anything to do with thailand or its culture or how the people here are nurtured. comparing the two cultures is pointless really. plus saying ....well my family is this and that doesn't mean anything much either. you are comparing apples and oranges. 

also i think its pretty standard for most families world wide to not have a serial killer or rapist among them. 

7 minutes ago, stoner said:

none of this has anything to do with thailand or its culture or how the people here are nurtured. comparing the two cultures is pointless really. plus saying ....well my family is this and that doesn't mean anything much either. you are comparing apples and oranges. 

also i think its pretty standard for most families world wide to not have a serial killer or rapist among them. 

True in a way, but no matter the culture, there is still a wrong and a right way. There are only a few different personality types, and that's in all people worldwide. And people can be narcissists anywhere, and are, and they are the ones who screw their children up and send them into the world to damage others. Thailand leads the world with kids raised by grandparents, and that's never a good thing when they're parents are still alive. Kids without fathers, or a good male role model, start out in the world behind in their thinking how to treat others, especially women. It's part of the culture here, and is a real problem. One can se daily these kids running wild and hurting others, ganging up on others 5 against 1, having children with girls then leaving, and the court doesn't hold them responsible, so they continue with more and more girls, who think they must leave those kids with grandma and go to big cities to work, hardly seeing their own kids. Families not having a serial killer or rapist in them doesn't mean they aren't raising those narcissists, who damage people in every aspect of life.

On 8/11/2023 at 1:31 PM, Grumpy one said:

I can see you consider education a "tirade" when it goes against your ignorant confirmation bias.. try explaining which bit I got wrong.. but you won't of course, because you are clueless on such matters and we can blame your childhood for that... you are a sick joke

19 hours ago, milesinnz said:

I can see you consider education a "tirade" when it goes against your ignorant confirmation bias.. try explaining which bit I got wrong.. but you won't of course, because you are clueless on such matters and we can blame your childhood for that... you are a sick joke

No doubt your parents invested a small fortune on your education.

There are places for people with your attitude, fortunately that place is not near myself nor my friends.

Please take your pompousness somewhere other than near me.

I tire of you little man.