Retirement extension bank statements

I did my 90 day last week at KhonKaen.  The IO told me next time my retirement extension is due and I will need a 2 month bank statement.

I was thinking he meant the usual bank letter. Now I'm not sure.  Is there something new I don't know about?

1 minute ago, zlodnick said:

I did my 90 day last week at KhonKaen.  The IO told me next time my retirement extension is due and I will need a 2 month bank statement.

I was thinking he meant the usual bank letter. Now I'm not sure.  Is there something new I don't know about?

The IO probably meant that you need to have the correct amount of funds in your bank account two months before your next renewal application.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, zlodnick said:

I use the 800k and never touch it. 

He did say I needed a 2 month statement.

Ok then just go to the bank and they will know what you need, Just tell them what you need it for. just make sure to withdraw 100 baht before you go into the bank from an ATM (of course without going under your 800K) and update you bank book , that way your bank book will show your balance that day. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, zlodnick said:

Are you make an Account Transaction like withdraw and update your Bank Book at day you apply for the Bank Letter?

Just putting in my 1st extension based on marriage tomorrow and immigration wants a statement from the bank that I have had the required 400k in the bank and a separate official bank printout of my account for the last 2 months (had them print 3mo) as part of the package.  2 copies of each form at 100 baht each so 400 baht total from BKK bank.  The problem with updating the bankbook (not done in quite a while) is it did not update everything so official print out was the ticket.

1 hour ago, DrPhibes said:

The problem with updating the bankbook (not done in quite a while) is it did not update everything so official print out was the ticket.

I update my book quite regularly (at least once a month), while it does print everything it has a habit every now and again of overprinting entries making them illegible, therefore always get an official statement for immigration nowadays.

• Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, zlodnick said:

So presumably all you have needed thusfar to provide in support of your retirement extension applications at Khonkaen have been an account confirmation letter from your bank plus copies of relevant passbook pages? If so, I suspect that what Khonkaen are now requiring for the first time in the case of retirement extension applications based on 400k/800k in the bank are, in fact, 12-month statements, regardless of what the officer told you. In connection with the post from @DrPhibes, 2-month statements would only make sense in the context of marriage extensions (as in his case) which are subject to different financial requirements from retirement extensions. Maybe the officer who spoke to you was labouring under the mistaken belief that you are, in fact, staying in Thailand on the basis of marriage, rather than retirement, extensions?? (Either that or he was talking through his derriere).

If Khonkaen are now insisting on 12-month bank statements in support of retirement extension applications based on 400k/800k in the bank for the first time, they seem not to be the first office to have started insisting on this additional requirement in recent times (over and above those offices which have insisted on it all along). For instance, it has been reported on here by @DrJack54 that Chaengwattana (Bangkok) have now introduced this additional requirement. And I personally had it sprung on me as an unpleasant surprise when I applied for my latest retirement extension at Rayong a few weeks ago. Makes me seriously wonder whether some general directive has recently been issued to immigration offices on this requirement by Immigration Bureau bigwigs?

When it comes to obtaining 12-month bank statements, it should be noted that Bangkok Bank branches require at least a week's notice to obtain these from Head Office in Bangkok. All other banks should, however, be able to issue these statements on the spot over the counter.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

I update my book quite regularly (at least once a month), while it does print everything it has a habit every now and again of overprinting entries making them illegible, therefore always get an official statement for immigration nowadays.

This happened to me last year, when I went to print out the day of entry on my bank passbook at Chaengwattana Bangkok Bank. The immigration officer accepted it but told me next time to get somebody in the bank or outside at the teller machines to place it so that there isn't an overprint. 

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, OJAS said:

For instance, it has been reported on here by @DrJack54 that Chaengwattana (Bangkok) have now introduced this additional requirement.

I thought, again, according to Dr. Jack, that the 12 month bank statement requirement only took place because he had consolidated entries in his passbook. Otherwise, just copies of the passbook are okay. I've been looking over the topics the last couple of weeks, because I have an extension coming soon. Statements seem messy. So I hope the passbook only still works.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, OJAS said:

When it comes to obtaining 12-month bank statements, it should be noted that Bangkok Bank branches require at least a week's notice to obtain these from Head Office in Bangkok. All other banks should, however, be able to issue these statements on the spot over the counter.

You're correct. The last time I need a 12 month bank statement, not for immigration, I was told by Bangkok Bank that it would take a week to process. They issued the receipt with a blue stamp the day of the request/payment. But the pdfs of the bank statement actually arrived a day later through email. 

Edited by John Drake
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, John Drake said:

I thought, again, according to Dr. Jack, that the 12 month bank statement requirement only took place because he had consolidated entries in his passbook

That was not the reason in my case.

Certainly consolidated transactions can be an issue.

I use dedicated bank account for immigration purposes.

The immigration officer did not like the fact there were months with NO activity.

Rubbish really as that has never previously been an issue for many years.

Was posting for others that clearly with many recent (not just CW) that "Bank Statements" are the latest fashion statement with immigration. 

Kankers.

Just back from KK Imm Office.

Last year 800k in KBank and extension issued in 20 mins. This year changed to 12 x 65k. Visited bank this morning without prior notice and given an annual statement and proof of account letter after parting with 300B. Arrived at the office to find I was second in the queue and left within 30 mins after the inevitable extra photo copy.

No adverse comments and all pretty painless.

• Like 1

If your bank is anything like mines (Bangkok Bank)  I use the 800 also method untouchable. 

The statement doesn't show any activities just the total amount reason I make a small deposit thereafter ask for the statement Thereafter I go to a xerox shop have all the pages copied sign and place right along with the letter.  I go as far as highlights it all for him or her. 

Edited by thailand49

11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

That was not the reason in my case.

Certainly consolidated transactions can be an issue.

I use dedicated bank account for immigration purposes.

The immigration officer did not like the fact there were months with NO activity.

Rubbish really as that has never previously been an issue for many years.

Was posting for others that clearly with many recent (not just CW) that "Bank Statements" are the latest fashion statement with immigration. 

Kankers.

Sorry about describing your situation incorrectly. I do know you were the one who opened my eyes to this potential change almost a year or so ago.

18 hours ago, zlodnick said:

They do the same down the road in Kalasin city.

They want to see that you haven't gone below the 400K and that you have followed the rules about 2 months before having 800K in the bank.

They did it to me last year so this year I was prepared.

1 hour ago, thailand49 said:

If your bank is anything like mines (Bangkok Bank)  I use the 800 also method untouchable. 

The statement doesn't show any activities just the total amount reason I make a small deposit thereafter ask for the statement Thereafter I go to a xerox shop have all the pages copied sign and place right along with the letter.  I go as far as highlights it all for him or her. 

We have to do all this farce every year for a retirement extension with countless signed A4 useless xerox copies and then when you go to the ATM it wants to know if you want the cash slip to save paper!!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

We have to do all this farce every year for a retirement extension with countless signed A4 useless xerox copies and then when you go to the ATM it wants to know if you want the cash slip to save paper!!

True, it is real stupid done by stupid people I can say much more Don't get me going!  

Their meaningless procedure is more about control than anything else but outside of Thailand you get the message. 

There are much more important things for me to worry about each year after I submit I get 90% ready for the following year the week before get what is needed 24 hours prior get my bank letter.

Next morning I'm 1-5 person in line out the door no later than 9  walk over to cafe order coffee and breakfast. Back on bike back to Darkside thinking is today my lucky day I die? ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

When private companies claim they are doing something out of environmental responsibility, it is very often just motivated by the profit motive. Hotels encouraging you to reuse towels rather than automatically giving you fresh ones is an example. Lowering the cost, to the bank, of ATM transactions by not giving you a receipt is another. I am surprised that supermarkets have not yet found a way to do paperless checkouts.

• Like 1

Update on my one-year extension:  Success, after the bank manager called Samui Immigration and explained the fixed account (already knew for sure).  They told me to come back in one week and pick up my stamped passport.  I could have made a video of the screaming foreigners at SIO this morning.  They change the rules all the time so it's up to you to find out what is required each year for the extension.  Next year, on my last 90-day report I will ask for a list of the requirements.  

21 hours ago, zlodnick said:

If you are applying for the 1-year extension based on your Non Imm O Visa for reason of MARRIAGE, you could be required to provide a statement of Bank-transfers that your bank-balance did not slip under 400K during the 2 months preceding your application.  Some Imm Offices require such a Bank-transfers statement on top of your updated Pass-book (which would show exactly same info, except when your bank has consolidated some transfers when not updating your Pass-book regularly).

That would explain what the IO told.

21 hours ago, zlodnick said:

However, you mentioned in your post 'retirement extension' and using the +800K funds in bank method. 

In that case you probably misunderstood the IO, as for such 1-year (retirement) extension application you could be required to provide a statement of Bank-transfers that your bank-balance did not slip under 800K/400K during the 12 months preceding your application. 

Note: Be aware that when your Bank-account is with Bangkok Bank, that most branches of BKB are not able to provide such a 12-month bank-transfer statement on the spot, and would have to order it at BKB Headquarters, and it can take up to 5 business days before you can pick it up at your local BKB branche. 

• Like 1

On 8/10/2023 at 3:07 PM, DrJack54 said:

Doesn't make any sense.

If you are using money in bank method for retirement extensions then the io will want to see the previous 12 months.

Some offices will accept copy of bank book pages.

Some will require 12 months of bank statements.

Well guys I am taking Thai Immigration Nationally to Crimminal Court filed June 24, 2022 and my case will be in the court room with in the next one to two months my case was Reported to the National Anti Corruption Commission and the Crimminal Case number was given June 24, 2022 so Thai immigration better have there letter I dotted and there letter T Crossed cause I have loads of evidence that has been Turned over to the NACC and some of the data is from the banks directly to show Thai immigration and n manipulation of getting a foreignors to dump a lump sum of funds in a local bank account to show income but the Thai Banks only give at best 1.9% rate at best you can't make anymore income then 2500-3000 thai baht per year can you really think you can live off of this small money in a given year which is 12 months or 365 days in that year time period remember there is only 4 weeks in a month every foriegnor is being currently frauded and Bribed by the current plan of Thai immigration since there change in March of 2018 Thai immigration does not understand Banking Finances 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, The Patriat said:

Well guys I am taking Thai Immigration Nationally to Crimminal Court filed June 24, 2022 and my case will be in the court room with in the next one to two months my case was Reported to the National Anti Corruption Commission and the Crimminal Case number was given June 24, 2022 so Thai immigration better have there letter I dotted and there letter T Crossed cause I have loads of evidence that has been Turned over to the NACC and some of the data is from the banks directly to show Thai immigration and n manipulation of getting a foreignors to dump a lump sum of funds in a local bank account to show income but the Thai Banks only give at best 1.9% rate at best you can't make anymore income then 2500-3000 thai baht per year can you really think you can live off of this small money in a given year which is 12 months or 365 days in that year time period remember there is only 4 weeks in a month every foriegnor is being currently frauded and Bribed by the current plan of Thai immigration since there change in March of 2018 Thai immigration does not understand Banking Finances 

Didn't find your rants regarding this in recent closed thread very entertaining.

I prefer Judge Judy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/10/2023 at 9:14 PM, DrJack54 said:

If you are using money in the bank, there obviously will be no activity on the statements. If however, you are using the 65/40k per month method, it must be EVERY calendar month, and roughly the same date. Then Mr IO will be happy.