“World Kaphrao Thailand Grand Prix 2023” Elevates “Pad Kaphrao” Stir-Fry to Global Culinary Heights

webfact

1691731390_039931-tnamcot.jpg.jpg

BANGKOK, Aug 11 (TNA) – The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) is on the lookout for exceptional talents in the art of cooking “Pad Kaphrao,” inviting contenders to join the race for the title of Thailand’s first-ever “Pad Kaphrao” champion at the “World Kaphrao Thailand Grand Prix 2023.”

This event aims to promote Thai basil stir-fry to an international culinary stage.

The TAT has unveiled the ambitious project “World Kaphrao Thailand Grand Prix 2023,” to promote the iconic food express menu “Pad Kaphrao” dish.

The event is set to take place from August 25 to 27 at Khlong Phadung Krung Kasem (Hua Lamphong) in Bangkok, and will showcase the history and culture of this beloved dish in both its traditional and contemporary forms.

1691731403_611916-tnamcot.jpg.jpg

Travelers and food enthusiasts alike will have the opportunity to savor the diverse flavors of “Pad Kaphrao” and explore its culinary heritage. The event not only caters to food lovers but also encourages entrepreneurs to explore the potential of this dish, fostering career opportunities and generating income.

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1221769

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2023-08-11

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, nowhereman said:

My Phat Geaprao is the best ???? No MSG, No Rot Dee. Using a small amunt of coconut oil and home grown ingredients.

IMG_20230810_134956.jpg

No chili ????️? Oh the human manatee.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nowhereman said:

My Phat Geaprao is the best ???? No MSG, No Rot Dee. Using a small amunt of coconut oil and home grown ingredients.

IMG_20230810_134956.jpg

Looks very bland. No chili’s in a krapow is like eating chips with salt and ketchup.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/11/2023 at 4:50 PM, GinBoy2 said:

Don't get me wrong I love Pad Kaphrao, we eat it at least once a week.

But is it some world beating culinary experience, I don't think so.

It's a great weekday meal, but it's no different to a Western meat n potatoes meal, which is also great in context, but not exceptional.

It is nothing like a Western meal, you must eat it Mi-Sie- Prik no chiles, it must have some taste to it you need chiles and pepper.

Must agree with other posters no MSG or Rot- Dee, I have at last got the wife to not include MSG, and Rot-Dee a completely different flavor.

18 hours ago, kickstart said:

It is nothing like a Western meal, you must eat it Mi-Sie- Prik no chiles, it must have some taste to it you need chiles and pepper.

Must agree with other posters no MSG or Rot- Dee, I have at last got the wife to not include MSG, and Rot-Dee a completely different flavor.

I think you kinda missed the point there.

I just trying to say Pad Kaphrao is just as mundane as meat n potatoes, fish n chips(for the Brits) all are great in context, but nothing special or world beating