Australian Tourist Causes Havoc at Pattaya Temple, Cannabis Blamed by Some Thai Media

webfact

'he slipped while trying to descend from the stairs and fell to the ground'... Hopefully his launch was helped by said monk. I'd say he was lucky, considering the fate of the man who damaged Rahman statue at Erewan shrine some years ago! 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Joe Farang said:

The Anglos originated from a Denmark/Germanic area of Europe called Anglia or Engel in old English (German dialect)

Yes, I think we all know the contribution to the English language made by the Anglo Saxons, fact is that the mixture that resulted with Celtic, Latin, Viking, French and Anglo-Saxon has brought about a mongrel language, which although still an Indo-Germanic language, has had its Germanic roots severely weakened so that names and place names no longer sound familiar to a German ear, exceptions to this can be found in Friesian, some dialects such as Platt Deutsch have a remarkable similarity with English eg. English, 'what is the time' German, 'wie viel Uhr ist es', Platt Deutsch, 'wat hat die clock'.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, bignok said:

Most losers in Thailand get into trouble cause a woman ripped them off right?

After 20 years of living there, (and 3 visits in the 80's, when I was 20/21), I speculate that it's often the 'unholy-trinity' of booze, illicit drugs, plentiful supply of easy-to-get tarts????, that puts some guys "off the tracks". If the same things were as available in their home countries they would have the same effect.

Although as you say, women are the thing. also the fact that for many of us our experience with women there is of a 'transactional-nature' , they wouldn't give us a second look, if not for money.

5 minutes ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Looks like Bruce had too many tinnies of VB before acting like a raw prawn. Should have stayed on Bondi Pier. With this kind of performance he will be giving us Brits a good name????

I think we are all tared with the same brush, just as we say Asian, they say falang.

Just now, Andrew65 said:

After 20 years of living there, (and 3 visits in the 80's, when I was 20/21), I speculate that it's often the 'unholy-trinity' of booze, illicit drugs, plentiful supply of easy-to-get tarts????, that puts some guys "off the tracks". If the same things were as available in their home countries they would have the same effect.

Although as you say, women are the thing. also the fact that for many of us our experience with women there is of a 'transactional-nature' , they wouldn't give us a second look, if not for money.

Not in the UK, you get too depressed because it's just dismal, cheap fat women, a few pints of canned Lage and a spliff wont turn the place into paradise. The women here wouldn't give most of us a second look even with money (a friend told me that)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Andrew65 said:

Here's a recent report from Oz????

7. Gold Coast, QLD - Gronk ordered to pay $10k in compensation for drunkenly bashing men outside kebab shop after State of Origin.

Think it must be a Queensland term.

Never heard it used anywhere else in Oz.

By definition "a complete moron"

Sums up this fella pretty well ????

• Love It 1

Just now, soalbundy said:

Not in the UK, you get too depressed because it's just dismal, cheap fat women, a few pints of canned Lage and a spliff wont turn the place into paradise. The women here wouldn't give most of us a second look even with money (a friend told me that)

There are plenty of good looking women in the UK. It's just that they're not on the game/accessable (even if many look/dress like they are????).

Also, what you describe would be true of most countries in northern Europe.

2 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

There are plenty of good looking women in the UK. It's just that they're not on the game/accessable (even if many look/dress like they are????).

Also, what you describe would be true of most countries in northern Europe.

Nowhere in Europe (maybe Finland) is as depressing as the UK.

• Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

Nowhere in Europe (maybe Finland) is as depressing as the UK.

It depends which part of the UK you're in. If you're in Henley on Thames or Esher (wealthy areas), it can be quite nice. If you're in the arse-end of one of the big cities it is depressing (in the winter anyway). Weather-wise, and old Irish friend who had lived in London assured me that the Irish weather is far worse than the British weather.

Also, I assume that you've spent time in every country in Europe to make your assessment?

Edited by Andrew65
  • Like 1

Pity the younger Monks didn't gang up on him and kick the cobbers backside all the back to Sydney. Perfect opportunity drunk old and on the floor and off his head. I can set up a Go Fund Me page if you want for all the damage he has caused. Or simply lock him up in the Monkey House then deport this yob out of Thailand. Now you know why we set up a penal colony in Australia for these low lives it's in your Genes or as you lot say too much Grog.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, soalbundy said:

Yes you are right, there are some lovely places in the UK but Joe Bloggs has to live where the work is, I don't mind rainy weather, in fact I quite like grey skies, everything seems greener, no it's the towns that are so depressing, the lack of colour, the boring conformity, the way they are laid out. The more ancient they are the better of course. It's also the way things are, there is no flair as in France or Italy, no beer gardens or beer halls as in Bavaria, just the choking boredom of 'the lokal, telly, or football.

Yes, very true. Thailand is 'exotic' and a "million miles" from our normal existence.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Weed doesn't cause this kind of thing. In fact the opposite is true. Drunkenness does. 

Yes,

And it's a hell of a leap by some even to suggest it.

More like drunkenness or mental issues or far more severe drugs.

2 hours ago, Joe Farang said:

The Anglos originated from a Denmark/Germanic area of Europe called Anglia or Engel in old English (German dialect)

That would be Anglo Saxons not Anglo Celts, which is where most of my descendants are from. Indeed most people who are British that can trace their roots back are Anglo Celts..

It bis common for many to refer to themselves as Anglo Saxons when they are really Anglo Celts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Celtic

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anglo-Saxons

Edited by Scouse123