Two young boys severely injured by menacing hanging wire trap

snoop1130

2023-08-15T14_01_01.jpg

A 14 year old boy and his eight year old cousin sustained severe injuries after getting tangled in a hanging wire on their way home. One boy’s 35 year old mother Namjai Sa Lee detailed the horrific incident, which occurred in Mahapho, Kao Liao district, Nakhon Sawan on July 29. The two boys were knocked off a motorcycle by the wire, leading to a crash with a tree 10 metres away that left them with grievous injuries.

Namjai initially thought the boys were simply involved in a motorcycle accident, but the sight of a large pool of blood and the absence of the duo at the scene led her to the realisation that something was amiss. The boys were already taken to the hospital by emergency services by the time she got there. A stray hanging wire that turned out to be a communication line, was the culprit behind the accident.

They apparently hit the hanging wire and got snagged, causing the motorcycle to swerve uncontrollably, slamming them into the tree. Namjai explained the severity of the injuries.

“The injuries are shocking. Especially my son. It’s as though he was strangled by the wire. It was so severe that we could almost see his windpipe. His hand was also cut through to the bone. There was so much blood that it didn’t stop flowing at the moment.”

The villagers helped her examine the scene of the accident and even cut and kept a portion of the wire as evidence. Namjai, meanwhile, has had to nurse her son at the hospital for five full days, spending more than 13,000 baht on medical expenses.

By Neill Fronde

Caption: The mother of a boy who was severely injured with his cousin by a hanging wire on the road explains the tragedy. (via Khaosod)

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/road-deaths/two-young-boys-severely-injured-by-deceptive-overhead-wire-trap-in-nakhon-sawan

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-08-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter. Click to subscribe

• Sad 4

14 and driving well done mum. Having said that I have reported hanging wires to TOT months ago, one is directly outside my gate, and then it hangs down on the inside of my fence for 50 meters, I rang them and asked them to bring more rope to tie them up like the rest of the Soi. nothing has happened.

OK but humour me. TOT is the telephone authority which mans a landline phone line rather than an internet connections. It could be AIS or 3BB or...

Easiest was to find out is to cut it. If you feel really strongly about it. If you can't reach is to cut it then ignore it and have another beer.???? life is too short etc.

1 minute ago, VocalNeal said:

OK but humour me. TOT is the telephone authority which mans a landline phone line rather than an internet connections. It could be AIS or 3BB or...

Easiest was to find out is to cut it. If you feel really strongly about it. If you can't reach is to cut it then ignore it and have another beer.???? life is too short etc.

ToT (now National Telecomm) also do fibre internet - at least they do where I live.

• Thumbs Up 1