One Year Multiple Entry Non-O (Marriage)

Is there any Thai Embassy/Consulate in the region, Laos, Malaysia, etc, that issues a One Year Multiple Entry Non-O (Marriage) Visa. Would be good to know where this is possible, as I used to get this Visa every year before Covid. Also if you can tell me what documents are needed, or if an agent is needed.

Thanks

Chester

About 10 years ago, I got my Non O visa based on marriage to my Thai wife at the Thai embassy in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia. You can see what they require off their website;

https://image.mfa.go.th/mfa/0/n3gTFT2TOE/NON-IMMIGRANT_VISA_(O)_FOR_DEPENDANT_-_For_dependant_of_the_main_visa_applicant_or_foreign_spouse_or_children_of_a_Thai-new.pdf

12 hours ago, transam said:

Savannekhet, Laos, if you are married.

Can go alone, no financials needed, printouts of wife's ID, house book, your passport main page. Application form with 2 photos.

Most important, original marriage certificates and copies of, take an updated Kor Ror 2 to be safe, hand over 5000bht...

It opens at 8.30 or 9am, closes sharp at 11am, you collect PP between 2pm-4pm the next day, to avoid looong queues, go Tuesday or Wednesday.

So, it's a lot easier than doing it in Thailand? No maps to your house, no visits from immigration, no photos of you standing in front of or inside your house, no interviews with the neighbors? No under consideration? Good to know. I'm applying for another one next month and we are vacationing in Luang Prabang. 

48 minutes ago, FarmerJoe said:

So, it's a lot easier than doing it in Thailand? No maps to your house, no visits from immigration, no photos of you standing in front of or inside your house, no interviews with the neighbors? No under consideration? Good to know. I'm applying for another one next month and we are vacationing in Luang Prabang. 

This is different from your normal extension, where you can then stay in Thailand for 1 year without having to leave. This One Year Multiple Entry Visa only allows you to remain in Thailand for a maximum of 90 days and then you have to leave. This is perfect for me, as I travel for business quite frequently and dont want the hassle of re-entry permits.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, chesterubi1 said:

This is perfect for me, as I travel for business quite frequently and dont want the hassle of re-entry permits

Remember to exit and reenter just prior to expiry of your visa for additional 3 month 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FarmerJoe said:

In some respects but you still have the hassle of border crossings/visas every 3 months. I did it continuously for my first 6 years and filled up a new passport in less than 4 years. That has eased a bit these days with Laos doing evisa and Vietnam evisa/visa exempt.

I had a few days in LP back in January, lovely place. Flew up to LP then high speed train to Vientiane and back across the bridge.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FarmerJoe said:

Nothing to deal with in LOS, though you must do a border hop every 90 days, which for me is OK because the border is about an hour away...

11 hours ago, transam said:

Nothing to deal with in LOS, though you must do a border hop every 90 days, which for me is OK because the border is about an hour away...

@transam: once you have the visa do you do the 90 day border hop the same day? Does one need to enter and exit Laos for this or can you exit Thailand at the bridge and turn straight round?  I've been advised it is necessary to enter Laos with bus ride over bridge and E visa Lao side to get entry and exit stamps there, some suggesting an overnight stay too before heading back to LOS. Your actual and recent experience would be most helpful. Cheers. 

3 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

@transam: once you have the visa do you do the 90 day border hop the same day? Does one need to enter and exit Laos for this or can you exit Thailand at the bridge and turn straight round?  I've been advised it is necessary to enter Laos with bus ride over bridge and E visa Lao side to get entry and exit stamps there, some suggesting an overnight stay too before heading back to LOS. Your actual and recent experience would be most helpful. Cheers. 

You must actually enter Laos (with a e-visa or visa-on arrival) before returning to Thailand. The whole round trip can be accomplished within about an hour or so.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Kalasin Jo said:

No, get your visa in Laos then go back into Thailand, they will stamp the date you must leave Thailand, which will be in 90 days time....

Applying for any Thai visa in Laos requires a night stay to pick up your PP.

To do a border run/hop, when your 90 days is up, it's in and out,  about an hour depending on queues.....????

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Some places (think Malaysia) require an overnight stay for a border bounce

By law, if you do not have a multiple entry business visa for Cambodia, you are supposed to spend one night in Cambodia when doing a border bounce. You can invariably pay a small bribe to have the Cambodian officials turn a blind eye to this requirement.

It is true that officials on the Thai side are insisting on (at least) an overnight stay when you do a border bounce at most crossings with Malaysia. I think this is mainly enforced when people want to use visa exemptions. As far as I know, this is not a requirement under Malaysian law, just something Thai Immigration on that border has decided to introduce on their own initiative. Rather larger bribes (to Thai immigration) are required to circumvent the policy.

There is no such problem with the Lao and Myanmar border crossings.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Alex2554 said:

What about 60 days marriage extension after 90 days on visa

Can do, once....Do it after the last 90 pay of a Multi O to get near 15 months out of it, wife must attend with piles of A4.....???? 

• 3 weeks later...

Well eventually got around to applying for the 1 Year Multiple entry Visa at Savanakhet and it went fairly smoothly, thanks to all the advice given above. The only slight issue was my wife's signature on the documents, but a quick phone call between her and the immigration officer sorted that out.

Once again, many thanks to everyone.

On 8/19/2023 at 11:31 AM, transam said:

Can do, once....Do it after the last 90 pay of a Multi O to get near 15 months out of it, wife must attend with piles of A4.....???? 

Would this not give almost 17 months?     12 (1Year) + 3 (Last entry before expiry) + 2 (Extend visit wife)