ChatGPT DOES have a left-wing bias: Scientists confirm the AI bot's responses favour the Democrats in the US and the Labour Party in the UK

Social Media

1 hour ago, FruitPudding said:

Lol, yeah.

Try asking it these:

1. Is it okay to be proud of being black?

2. Is it okay to be proud of being white?

I honestly can't fathom why its response would be different, but it is.... ????

No bias here then....

Capture 2.JPG

Capture.JPG

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

the content, yes, been proven over & over again.

Hate when people tell me this, but 'follow the science' ... that is the topic, and what the OP implies and 'scientist' seem to agree, per OP

Right, that's why when something is removed from the internet it's gone forever and can never be found again.

Oh, it's the opposite of that, isn't it?

39 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

The information we are allowed to receive is controlled, so yes.

Facebook recently admitted censoring whatever information The White House told them too, mainly about politics and COVID.

Do you think Facebook is the internet?  Do you think the information removed is gone forever and will never again appear on the internet?

Nobody controls the entire internet.  Countless parts of the internet are under partial control, but even there the parts and those that control them are so dispersed and have such contrasting objectives as to negate any overall impact of these attempts at control.

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

ChatGPT is a Large Language Model (LLM) Artificial Intelligence (AI) program.  In simple terms, that means it "reads" everything made available to it and provides answers to questions asked based upon the statistical probability of what words would follow such a question based upon all the words it has read.

If answers lean liberal, that is probably because liberals are more likely to publish their ideas and will therefore be better represented in the data fed to the program.  I'm sure if ChatGPT were asked to describe a typical hero the description would be of a tall, physically fit man and if asked to describe a typical princess the description would be of a young, pretty, "good" girl.  Those are the stereotypes that occur in literature (mostly fiction) and so would be used in the answers.

ChatGPT doesn't think, it simple provides answers based upon an assessment of all data provided.  It's answers need to be evaluated with that in mind.

If conservatives want ChatGPT to lean more in a conservative direction, they need to publish more and rely less on videos, radio, podcasts, etc.

20 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

AI is still in it's infancy. If it were a human it would be a spotty 16 year old that thinks it knows everything.

Once it matures, it will undoubtedly drop the silly left wing bias and move towards the right like most mature adults do (present company excepted).

AI doesn't think.  It doesn't have consciousness.  It doesn't "mature" in any biological or sentient manner.

Try reading my earlier post.  I think I did a reasonable job of providing a dumbed down description of how LLM AI works.  Perhaps it's still above some people's heads.

Edited by heybruce

4 hours ago, novacova said:

AI is just another left bias propaganda tool to further form and reinforce the the minds of the easily lead. Most independent thinking minds can easily decipher and read through the bs. The rest will continue to go with the flow and believe anything that is fed to them.

You must be talking about the three Asean Now amigos.

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I never claimed it to be my truth.

I never said it was your truth. It was your opinion. Misguided again.

7 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Thanks for the ad hominem.

Condemnant quo non intellegunt.

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

Do you think Facebook is the internet?  Do you think the information removed is gone forever and will never again appear on the internet?

Nobody controls the entire internet.  Countless parts of the internet are under partial control, but even there the parts and those that control them are so dispersed and have such contrasting objectives as to negate any overall impact of these attempts at control.

Wow, what an amazing response to censorship. ????

42 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

AI is still in it's infancy. If it were a human it would be a spotty 16 year old that thinks it knows everything.

Once it matures, it will undoubtedly drop the silly left wing bias and move towards the right like most mature adults do (present company excepted).

41 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Like many of your thoughts, misguided and clouded by a false air of superiority.

:coffee1:

• Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Wow, what an amazing response to censorship. ????

Wow, what an amazing lack of comprehension.

Why don't you give a specific example of Facebook censorship and explain how that translates to somebody controlling the entire internet?

I would hesitate to put the (most certainly) leftist British Labour Party together with the more centrist U.S. Democratic party (in comparison). If AI is left leaning at all it is probably because human development has taken the liberal route over a long time. Female emancipation, end of slavery, social welfare programs are no longer considered leftist but rather the norm. Some may not see it that way though.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, patman30 said:

it is just a boat load of inputs to get an output
whoever controls the inputs essentially controls the output.

And so, if you ask ChatGPT to make the case against weepy hysteria over climate change (as I did), it answers with a screed explaining why you should get hysterical and why you should always, always, listen to your friendly government and obey their diktats.

I expect the same obtains for anything to do with Covid, monkey pox, people who identify as cats, and any other topic where there is only one 'official narrative' and everything else is 'disinformation'.

It's a chicken-and-egg thing. Did ChatGPT write Wikipedia or did Wikipedia write ChatGPT?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

When you lack the ability for self deprecation expect others to do it for you.

Thanks.

Plenty of that going on here. It's a shame people can't just agree to disagree.

Instead they have to make comments about intelligence and education. 

Edited by youreavinalaff

8 minutes ago, Eleftheros said:

And so, if you ask ChatGPT to make the case against weepy hysteria over climate change (as I did), it answers with a screed explaining why you should get hysterical and why you should always, always, listen to your friendly government and obey their diktats.

I expect the same obtains for anything to do with Covid, monkey pox, people who identify as cats, and any other topic where there is only one 'official narrative' and everything else is 'disinformation'.

Exactly.
If most of the inputs come from "moderated" sources
the output will be no different.
The sad part is so many peoiple are using chatGPT thinking it is some miraculous intelligence that can give them all the answers
and then they get a warm fuzzy feeling inside when chatGPT reinforces their conformity
????‍♂️

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Wow, what an amazing lack of comprehension.

Why don't you give a specific example of Facebook censorship and explain how that translates to somebody controlling the entire internet?

You seem to not mind governments censoring information.

The mind boggles. 

I, on the other hand, think information should not be kept from the people and there should be freedom of speech without censorship.

Lack of comprehension? One of the traits of a fascist government is to.........drum roll please........censor information !

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Brain, please.

How am I supposed to give an example when the information was censored? Doh ???? ????

By definition: I was not allowed to get that information, so how can I tell you about it?

But Facebook admitted it was going on.

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1