Brutal assault on Udon Thani schoolgirl triggers national outrage and cries for justice

webfact

4 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

I think there are a couple of theories.  One is that the women have low self-esteem or they have some issue with their fathers, and want to be treated badly, .  They feel uncomfortable or bored by men who are nice to them.  Another is that men who treat women badly have behaviours that appear the same as high status "leaders" (high levels of confidence, etc.) and so women find them attractive.

There are obviously women who are smart enough to make decent choices when it comes to men.  Likely raised in a very stable two-parent household and shown a lot of love and support from their father.  Although they will likely require at least that the guy has some money or is very attractive physically.  I can't imagine any woman seeking out an ugly, broke, nice guy, with a heart of gold.

I'm not sure if anyone could really change into "a bastard", unless something bad happens to them.  I think nice people are nice because they are nice, and bad people are bad because they are bad.  It's probably something that happens when people are very young, and it is unlikely to change once they are adults.  (Just look at the way a couple of posters on here talk about women.)

Personally, I would say that the best path is to simply avoid women who want to be treated badly.  They're either troubled from their youth or they've been treated badly in the past, either way they probably aren't capable of having a happy relationship.  Luckily, this is generally easy enough to do, where the women are honest about their lifestyle.  (Obviously this is made difficult by women who pretend.)

The real challenge comes from being an older guy in a foreign country... ???? How many "good girls" are single after their early twenties?  Probably very few.

ahh the neverending mystery that is the thai female species.....

• Haha 1

On 8/17/2023 at 1:02 PM, nickmondo said:

i tend to agree.

All the smiley faces hide the true person behind it.

I think Thais in general are all about themselves, especially in cars...........its me, me, me.

All this smiling and welcoming..........in some cases genuine, but in the main, I feel very false.

Good manners..........very rare here in my opinion.

But better than England...........or.......what used to be England......so I will fight it out here.

When they are in vehicles I'd agree but not so sure about the UK. Driving when I go back is one of the great pleasures.