Apply for Non O or Non O-A Visa?

15 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Correct.

Would it be possible for them both to obtain non O retirement in USA and after entry he applied for 12 month extension based on retirement and she applies for extension based on dependant.

Vaguely recall ubonjoe posting something along those lines  however perhaps I just misunderstood.

I believe that is possible, in principle, though it may depend on the Immigration office. I could imagine some offices claiming that the first extension must be based on retirement, not based on being the husband's dependant.

6 minutes ago, BritTim said:

I believe that is possible, in principle, though it may depend on the Immigration office. I could imagine some offices claiming that the first extension must be based on retirement, not based on being the husband's dependant.

Found the thread I was referring to uj posts.

Not completely clear to me.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1245491-dependant-spouse-with-extension-to-stay-based-on-retirement/

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

The US Washington D.C. Thai embassy website states that health insurance is required when applying for Non Immigrant O visa.  I thought the main benefit of this Non-Immigrant O visa was that health insurance was not required.

image.jpeg.56805284932b5a6b471d92d718418061.jpeg

The Thai eVisa website states that the Non-Immigrant O is for "visiting friends and family".

image.jpeg.53ac81dac5475378b4893073839b369c.jpeg

What am I missing?

1 hour ago, deptrai said:

The US Washington D.C. Thai embassy website states that health insurance is required when applying for Non Immigrant O visa.  I thought the main benefit of this Non-Immigrant O visa was that health insurance was not required.

image.jpeg.56805284932b5a6b471d92d718418061.jpeg

The Thai eVisa website states that the Non-Immigrant O is for "visiting friends and family".

image.jpeg.53ac81dac5475378b4893073839b369c.jpeg

What am I missing?

This is out of date. It gives the requirements that were in effect during Covid restrictions. Health insurance is no longer required for Non O visas (though it is for Non O-A).

The Non O visa (the O stands for "other") is available for a number of different purposes. Including those over age 50 not intending to work in Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/3/2023 at 9:04 AM, BritTim said:

This is out of date. It gives the requirements that were in effect during Covid restrictions. Health insurance is no longer required for Non O visas (though it is for Non O-A).

The Non O visa (the O stands for "other") is available for a number of different purposes. Including those over age 50 not intending to work in Thailand.

Thanks.  I created a practice account and went through the initial steps.  Found how to select the O visa.

visa application.JPG

Further in the application process, it asks for "intended date of departure".  At first I was unclear if this was date of departure from my current location, but it will not let you select a date prior to your "intended date of arrival".  It will however, let you select a date more than 90 days after your "intended date of arrival".

Further more and it asks for "proof of permanent residence in the country where the application is submitted".  What would suffice here?  

Also asks for a bank statement for 3 moths balance of at least 10,000 GBP.  I found that currency odd.  I already had to input "United States" about 6 times before getting to this page.

Foreign Insurance Certificate?  Non-Immigrant O doesn't require insurance so why is it asking?

Health Insurance with outpatient 40K THB & inpatient not less than 400K THB.  Again, Non-Immigrant O doesn't require insurance so why is it asking?

Can I just upload a document that states "Not applicable for Non-Immigrant O"?

"Document indicating current residency".  How does this differ than the previous requirement "proof of permanent residence in the country where the application is submitted"?

Insurance requirements visa app.JPG

Insurance requirements visa app 2.JPG

3 hours ago, deptrai said:

Further more and it asks for "proof of permanent residence in the country where the application is submitted".  What would suffice here?  

If you are a citizen of the country where you are applying, just your passport data page (again)