Sniffing out success: Thailand’s first sniffer dog training centre unleashed for battling narcotics

webfact

Customs Dept opens K-9 training center for anti-drug operations
by Tanakorn Sangiam

image.jpeg

BANGKOK (NNT) - The Thai Customs Department has opened a new facility to train sniffer dogs for anti-drug operations. The new training center will create a new team of officers and sniffer dogs working to intercept drugs smuggled through airports and postal offices.

Located in Nong Prue sub-district of Samut Sakhon, the new training ground is home to an office building, a dog shelter, an indoor training facility, and a large grass field for outdoor training.

These dogs are named Kanun and Durian, two labrador retrievers gifted to Thailand by Korea Customs Service as a token of cooperation between both countries’ customs agencies to enhance the suppression of narcotics and illegal articles.

Two officers from Thailand were trained in South Korea for three months together with the dogs, before traveling back to Thailand for additional training. The two dogs have shown great progress in their training.

Mr. Patchara Anantasilp, Director General of the Customs Department, said the department had received great cooperation from customs agencies in various countries, particularly South Korea, who provided two sniffer dogs and a training course to Thai officials.

The department is planning to expand its K-9 unit to include 6-10 officers, who will be operating primarily at airports and postal offices to intercept illicit drugs.

Source: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG230818104951930

-- NNT 2023-08-18

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

So , the dog haters on this forum would like to kill them all ... not only the soi dogs ?

All dogs need to be culled they say ...?

People call for culling of soi dogs and dangerous dogs.  This is far from hating dogs or want them to all be killed.

5 hours ago, nobodysfriend said:

Hate causes cancer . Good .

You're the one being hateful here.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, stoner said:

Pretty sure they are talking about mangy soi dogs and not all dogs in thailand. Give your head a shake. 

I shake my head when I read your comment already ... U r " pretty sure " ? Why not read by yourself ?

But , may be , you are too stoned to do this ?

BS

On 8/19/2023 at 7:08 AM, stoner said:

ok so you can't back it up. got it. carry on then. 

2 hours ago, stoner said:

Pretty sure they are talking about mangy soi dogs and not all dogs in thailand. Give your head a shake. 

On 8/19/2023 at 6:53 AM, stoner said:

show me 1 single example of this completely outrageous comment. 

Apparently you cannot stop to tell me what I need to do ... got a  problem ?

Better keep it closed ...