Sukhawadee House Completes Demolition of Its Buildings Found in Violation of Encroachment in Pattaya

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

After years of legal battles, Sukhawadee House, a famous tourist attraction and residential complex in Pattaya, has finally removed three buildings that were found to be in violation of land use regulations.

After lots of wrangling and court cases.

Must have cost a fortune, and still had to pull it down.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

After lots of wrangling and court cases.

Must have cost a fortune, and still had to pull it down.

This place is well out of town and yes, if it broke the law, it should be addressed. But we all know if you have a fancy restaurant and disco over the sea right in the tourist areas, that is allowed!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Me thinks, there's likely more behind the saga of this particular escapade than what's being reported in the news here...

Why this particular place, as opposed to all the others?

The place is owned by one of the richest individuals in Thailand. Saha farms.

And looks like he got well compensate as well for the removal of the buildings

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8478127/Eccentric-billionaires-palace-worth-64m-burns-ground-Thailand.html

Edited by BenStark
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Me thinks, there's likely more behind the saga of this particular escapade than what's being reported in the news here...

Why this particular place, as opposed to all the others?

This place has a lonnnnnngggg history. It was blocking off public streets around the complex and preventing residents from using them, it had claimed other space out onto the beach, there were other smaller structures from memory. 

I think they also had a fire. 

Ha! Yes. See the post immediately above mine for more details. Well done @BenStark Thank you 

Edited by Yme
  • Thanks 1

On 8/19/2023 at 2:15 PM, Yme said:

This place has a lonnnnnngggg history. It was blocking off public streets around the complex and preventing residents from using them, it had claimed other space out onto the beach, there were other smaller structures from memory. 

I think they also had a fire. 

Ha! Yes. See the post immediately above mine for more details. Well done @BenStark Thank you 

They were trying to block of the beach so you could not get through. They shut the gate to the beach but the locals would just smash it down again.  The security guards would come and tell me to get out but I would say no because it is a public beach. In my opinion got what they deserved. It is an amazing place and worth a walk along the beach to look at it. I think the expressionis kitsch. There is nothing to match it in bad taste. The Chinese tourists loveit.

Edited by Wongkitlo
Edit