Man kills shopkeeper in US state of California after disparaging Pride flag

Social Media

4 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Interesting details starting to emerge.

https://opoyi.com/usa/who-was-travis-ikeguchi-murder-suspect-of-laura-carleton-named/

It would appear she knew she was upsetting people in her community but continued to ramp up the confrontation.

image.png.855a3a61a1c4ca20d9245cb225377429.png

A terrible tragedy, RIP Laura. Maybe time for a pause for thought, it's possible to hold views without constantly ramming them down the throats of others. 

More victim blaming.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, jerrymahoney said:

He was fleeing on foot and fired back at the police when they caught up with him. And one report says that his family reported him missing yesterday.

But he apparently did have a track record of posting anti-LGBTQ messages online.

I wonder when that history of online hate started?

• Love It 1

13 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Killing, shooting a 66 yr old lady, immediately puts you in the 'unstable' category with me, unless it was self defense, and highly unlikely.

His motive, if actually reading the thread, was being of anti alphabet folks mentality, from his social media postings, supposedly.

Don't need to wait for investigation, as know enough, and it's all mute, they're both dead.  No matter what, the end results isn't go to change.

Just the divisive conversations.

With that ... Have a Nice Day.

I suspect being unstable makes an individual more susceptible to being wound up by hate mongers on social media and elsewhere.

The killer had a history of engaging in online hate posts, it will be interesting to hear when that history started and what was behind it.

• Haha 2

Does this crime even make sense?  I know questioning anything especially along these lines is racist or whatever buzz word of the week it might be.

Has anybody even done a cursory bit of research on their own? Amazing what a little thinking can do. Oh sorry, I forgot this is considered hate thought or "harmful use of the brain" and the rest of it.  Believe what is written or else off with your head, coming soon!

AR AR AR! Said the trained seal, smarter than most he is. ????????????

Edited by gwapofarang

Just now, KhunLA said:

Don't beat around the bush, just say  "it's Trump's fault"

Unless Mommy & Daddy didn't buy him a phone/laptop until the 2016 election cycle, then it would just be a coincidence ... ????

That’s an interesting conclusion you’ve come to.

But please, don’t put words in my mouth, I’ll speak for myself thank you.

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, Photoguy21 said:

Every country has crazy people but the USA seems to be way ahead of the rest. Maybe they can claim to be the Hub of Nutters?

When you are one of the most populated countries in the world, your nutters will hit the news more often, especially on a forum with an anti Yank membership ... IMHO

Not saying AN fits that description, but simply in general ... IMHO

image.png.8140b99d374b6711b423f0c9a93a19de.png

15 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I suspect being unstable makes an individual more susceptible to being wound up by hate mongers on social media and elsewhere.

The killer had a history of engaging in online hate posts, it will be interesting to hear when that history started and what was behind it.

Just spent a few mins looking on his social feed. Aside from the extreme hate speech, homophobic rants etc. he was also a Jesus freak. He had his own understanding with him. He was anti abortion, a few posts of his attacking anyone who agreed with it. 

38 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The first time the Pride Flag was flown at the White House was on June 26, 2015, during the Obama administration. It was displayed to commemorate the Supreme Court's ruling that legalized same-sex marriage nationwide.

So why all the rightwing angst in 2023?

There have been some developments since then.

15 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Just spent a few mins looking on his social feed. Aside from the extreme hate speech, homophobic rants etc. he was also a Jesus freak. He had his own understanding with him. He was anti abortion, a few posts of his attacking anyone who agreed with it. 

20 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Just spent a few mins looking on his social feed. Aside from the extreme hate speech, homophobic rants etc. he was also a Jesus freak.

Jesus Freak? That's a pretty hateful way to describe someone who has strong Christian beliefs. I wonder if an equally insulting label for a member of the LGBTQ community or the Muslim community would be allowed on here? 

Ignoring your hate speech for a moment, it does however backup my theory that the offender was likely a follower of a religion that was not especially compatible with LGBTQ++ ideology. Of course, such a notion was dispelled by the usual suspects. They must get tired of being wrong at such an alarming rate. I certainly don't get tired of being correct so often ????

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

What, I engage in victim blaming?

You put words into the mouths of others and then argue against the position you took on their behalf. It's called a strawman. 

image.png.3e43e988963f9287da126838302e1b6c.png

1 minute ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Examples of me doing so if you have them.

You just did it by implying I am blaming the victim. ????

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Yes a Jesus freak. Justifying his hate speech by referring to Jesus and religion

That's not the defintion of a Jesus Freak and you know it full well.

image.png.6ddbcf13ea0fa4b04998c88fbd782055.png

Using derogatory language towards a religion and those who follow it is hate speech.

You just did it.  

Edited by JonnyF
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

You put words into the mouths of others and then argue against the position you took on their behalf. It's called a strawman. 

image.png.3e43e988963f9287da126838302e1b6c.png

You just did it by implying I am blaming the victim. ????

I haven’t put any words in your mouth.

Calling out your victim blaming by referring to the post in which you engage in victim blaming is not a ‘strawman’.

Edited by Chomper Higgot
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I haven’t put any words in your mouth.

Calling out your victim blaming by referring to the post in which you engage in victim blaming is not a ‘strawman’.

I have never blamed the victim. That's why your argument is a strawman.

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

That's not the defintion of a Jesus Freak and you know it full well.

image.png.6ddbcf13ea0fa4b04998c88fbd782055.png

Using derogatory language towards a religion and those who follow it is hate speech.

You just did it.  

He is a Jesus freak and I am more than happy to call him that when he has murdered an innocent 66 year old woman and the attacks he made on his feed he justified by those beliefs. A complete nutcase. I would post examples but they would be deleted.

15 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

He is a Jesus freak and I am more than happy to call him that when he has murdered an innocent 66 year old woman and the attacks he made on his feed he justified by those beliefs. A complete nutcase. I would post examples but they would be deleted.

You really don't have to tar everyone with the same brush.

This is some anti-christian stuff here.

Not nice. Could even be comparable to antisemitic rhetoric.

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FruitPudding said:

You really don't have to tar everyone with the sane brush.

Quote where I have tarred everyone with the same brush. I am certainly tarring him

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

He is a Jesus freak and I am more than happy to call him that when he has murdered an innocent 66 year old woman and the attacks he made on his feed he justified by those beliefs.

Disappointed in you Brian. Using hate speech as a generalization to insult an entire branch of Christianity due to the unhinged actions of one man. Not good. Moving over on the dark side.

5 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

A complete nutcase. I would post examples but they would be deleted.

Given your ummm, "position", I doubt that very much. ????

4 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

You really don't have to tar everyone with the sane brush.

Absolutely.

Disgraceful insult to evangelical Christians. No different to antisemitic rhetoric at all. 

That's the problem with the left. Insult them and it's hate speech. But they insult others and it's all good. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Disappointed in you Brian. Using hate speech as a generalization to insult an entire branch of Christianity due to the unhinged actions of one man. Not good. Moving over on the dark side.

Given your ummm, "position", I doubt that very much. ????

What position would that be JonnyF. Enlighten me……….

15 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I have never blamed the victim. That's why your argument is a strawman.

Righty-o

6 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Interesting details starting to emerge.

https://opoyi.com/usa/who-was-travis-ikeguchi-murder-suspect-of-laura-carleton-named/

It would appear she knew she was upsetting people in her community but continued to ramp up the confrontation.

image.png.855a3a61a1c4ca20d9245cb225377429.png

A terrible tragedy, RIP Laura. Maybe time for a pause for thought, it's possible to hold views without constantly ramming them down the throats of others.