Bangkok Cabbie Returns Wallet with 370K Baht to Bangladeshi Tourist

webfact

That's some size wallet the Bangladeshi had! I struggle to get 30,000 Baht in my wallet let alone 373,000 Baht. Even if in $100 bills, that would still be over 300 notes. Just can't see how that would fit in a "wallet". Must have been some kind of bag. Still, nice of the next passenger and cabbie to return it. Definitely deserves recognition and a reward to both for their honesty.

• Like 1

Oh my, we're on a roll with these now!  Two honest cabbies and and honest cop, all within a couple of days.  It was probably thought too much to go for the hat-trick all in one day  ????

Edited by SooKee
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

not believing a word of this hogwash ..... who carries 373k  around,  and that would not fit into any wallet,   maybe a carry bag but still don't believe this made up story.

Thailand -   the land of make believe.

Tourists carry that much money in cash. Especially if they are not supposed to bring it out of the originating country.

I have checked in guests with bagfuls of cash - especially tourists from the Middle East, China, and India/Pakistan etc.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, shackleton said:

With the amount of money  mentioned in a wallet ????

More like a suitcase hope the taxi driver received a good tip ????

Read in the article $10500 Dollars = baht 368,000

Plus 7050 Indian  Rupees = 3000 baht

No mention of a reward ????

12 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

That's some size wallet the Bangladeshi had! I struggle to get 30,000 Baht in my wallet let alone 373,000 Baht. Even if in $100 bills, that would still be over 300 notes. Just can't see how that would fit in a "wallet". Must have been some kind of bag. Still, nice of the next passenger and cabbie to return it. Definitely deserves recognition and a reward to both for their honesty.

20 x 500 Euro notes exceeds the quoted figure.