Are you comfortable with being treated like a walking ATM?

bob smith

I learned a long time ago, there are 2 kinds of Farangs in Thailand, happy Farangs and angry Farangs.

The common theme seems to be that more angry Farangs are either married or have long time (5 years+) girlfriends, and happy Farangs are single. Not always, but definitely most.

Sad, but true. 

• Like 1

Just now, Trippy said:

I learned a long time ago, there are 2 kinds of Farangs in Thailand, happy Farangs and angry Farangs.

The common theme seems to be that more angry Farangs are either married or have long time (5 years+) girlfriends, and happy Farangs are single. Not always, but definitely most.

Sad, but true. 

I've been both married and single in my time here and my anger/hostility has been pretty consistent throughout. Bar maybe the first year to 18 months when i first moved here.

1 hour ago, LaosLover said:

piece of Afghan hash.

Was it real and was it any good? Saw some recently, felt good, looked good but that's where similarity ended, did'nt smell like it, did'nt taste like it, did'nt whack like it! I passed!

piece of Afghan hash.

Was it real and was it any good? Saw some recently, felt good, looked good but that's where similarity ended, did'nt smell like it, did'nt taste like it, did'nt whack like it! I passed!

1 minute ago, bob smith said:

I've been both married and single in my time here and my anger/hostility has been pretty consistent throughout. Bar maybe the first year to 18 months when i first moved here.

Why be angry? Life's too short.

piece of Afghan hash.

piece of Afghan hash.

piece of Afghan hash.

piece of Afghan hash.

2 minutes ago, 2baht said:

You keep repeating yourself. Sure you passed?

Edited by nauseus

10 minutes ago, 2baht said:
2 hours ago, LaosLover said:

piece of Afghan hash.

who wants to try some real hash ? 

2 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

If she doesn't lend, they're gone forever.

wow. now that is sad.

maybe she needs a new circle of friends.

not that I am one to judge on friendships as I dont really have any

but I also dont allow chronically toxic people in my front door.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bob smith said:

wow. now that is sad.

maybe she needs a new circle of friends.

not that I am one to judge on friendships as I dont really have any

but I also dont allow chronically toxic people in my front door.

Did you mean ....... OTHER chronically toxic people in my front door?

38 minutes ago, 2baht said:

ONE

38 minutes ago, 2baht said:

TWO

4 hours ago, bob smith said:

we all know that thais only give us the time of day if we are paying.

They couldnt care less about us if we arent.

No money, no honey i believe is the popular phrase.

How does this make you feel at a deep level?

are you comfortable with it?

Do thais also treat each other the same way?

do friendships here revolve solely on materialism? 

I know in the west friends are mostly made in our youth, when we all had nothing and came up together.

Here it seems it doesnt work that way.

You never see hi so mixing with lo so etc

seems everything is based on how much money you have in the bank.

Which is strange because there are way more poor people in Thailand than there are rich.

I guess maybe you gotta get out to the villages to meet the genuine Thais, right?

I stopped paying for thai people a long time ago.

Because whenever I did I never got any extra respect or whatever.

it was just like it was expected cos i was a foreigner.

Now I mostly get the Thais to foot the bill and use the old adage 'well im a guest here so...' 

and do you know what, it works surprisingly well! ???? 

It all depends on the society you mix around - hi-so lo-so story is not limited ONLY to Thailand. Thailand is also another country as ANY other. It's the self appointed hi so's at AN that has other perceptions.