Move Forward becomes main opposition party

webfact

9 hours ago, circa02 said:

Probably isn't going to do a great good in opposition, much of foul play will happen with individual dinosaurs and business cronies,  call them out on something, even if it's true, their fragile egos are bruised and they'll spin it as defamation, drag it through the courts for years, the mainstream media will walk too carefully around it and soon each art of fleeing the people gets buried. The next election is big opportunity, will another 18% of people awake, or will 20,000baht pay out keep enough on their side to continue the status quo, this of course their no special act of law changing that enables senators to have a vote in next election, then might as well write off Thailand forever.

First PT has to make good on the 10k payment.  That maybe a hard sell.  Make no mistake the red world is now controlled by the yellow.

• Love It 1

1 hour ago, bristolgeoff said:

Coming from first place to second,not what the thais voted for.They are smiling but i think somehow they are not happy

They never expected to do so well, I believe they thought PT would beat them.

Never mind, now they know what they're up against - everyone.

And they must prepare for possible dissolution and lengthy bans for all MPs if the establishment really go for the jugular regarding undermining the monarchy.

The church is broad and no doubt will welcome disillusioned red shirts and others. I believe the young will stay with them, the government can't disenfranchise half the population.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

Don't know who you are talking to, but around here (Phuket) people are livid and do find the PT an army of thieves and goons. 

They would given Phuket is a Palang Pracharath stronghold and have always loathed PT. PPRT got decimated in the election and their only seat is now in Phuket. Maybe you ought to get out more.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, webfact said:

He said that the party will do its utmost to check the performance of the government for the benefit of the people and will coordinate with those outside parliament to effect change in Thai society.

I hope so, and come the next election payback will come.

People will remember Pheu Thai stab in the back and the senate will be gone [hopefully]

14 hours ago, MarcelV said:

A mere tip of 10,000 baht, IF the handout happens, won't be enough to enamour the electorate with the Party of Thaksin again.

Rubbish, they'd walk from Isaan to Bangkok for less than that amount!

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Donga said:

They would given Phuket is a Palang Pracharath stronghold and have always loathed PT. PPRT got decimated in the election and their only seat is now in Phuket. Maybe you ought to get out more.

Yes, I will try to go out more. Seems you dont know that MF won big time in Phuket and mot the military parties. Maybe you ought to venture away from  Patong's bar scene and explore the real Phuket

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

Yes, I will try to go out more. Seems you dont know that MF won big time in Phuket and mot the military parties. Maybe you ought to venture away from  Patong's bar scene and explore the real Phuket

A minor intellect will usually use a flame like "the bar scene", to deflect from their own lack of knowledge, when criticizing others. 

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1

22 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

I'd be surprised if it lasts 9 months to be honest.

Chuwit might be a former pimp, but he tends to be right about corruption... he has a lot of experience after all. Srettha will be forced to resign if Chuwit's allegations are true. 

This is the next planned move on the Chess board. 

Srettha will be canned and the spot will be filled by Anutin

4 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

You're right, sorry I misread the wiki reference to the election results. I live in Hua Hin but travel around a bit, just back from 3 weeks in Isaan - PT stronghold but many in the very large family are now favouring MF. I hope they are good opposition and will be able to form government next time. This new government will be interesting.

3 hours ago, Donga said:

You're right, sorry I misread the wiki reference to the election results. I live in Hua Hin but travel around a bit, just back from 3 weeks in Isaan - PT stronghold but many in the very large family are now favouring MF. I hope they are good opposition and will be able to form government next time. This new government will be interesting.

My Thai family is quite on edge since May 14, like they are losing hope. Shame to see this happening to them.

As to the 10K payment (assuming it actually materializes), here in Isaan the people will accept it Tank yo wery mut, and then vote MFP in even larger numbers at the next election.

They may be poor peasants and uneducated but they're not entirely stupid.

On 8/23/2023 at 7:28 PM, spidermike007 said:

A minor intellect will usually use a flame like "the bar scene", to deflect from their own lack of knowledge, when criticizing others. 

Indeed, Michael. 

A seemingly false and disconnect intellect appears to be all too common within this platform. 

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 6:05 PM, SoilSpoil said:

Don't know who you are talking to, but around here (Phuket) people are livid and do find the PT an army of thieves and goons. 

Exactly, I have about 3000 Thai friends on Facebook a lot of them former PT voters which have switched to MFP and are not happy about PT forming a government including the Junta.

18 hours ago, BillyBobzTeeth said:

The great awakening has already started in Thailand. There's a clip of Pita speaking English saying it's the end of the New World Order. I guess this is why he isn't PM......yet.

He is an idealist, for sure. But, perhaps we need some of that. Perhaps he sees a window into a rosier future. Perhaps he sees a time when the land will be free of rabid dinosaurs, perhaps he sees a time when man is motivated by more than just an accumulation of cold cash. 

• Love It 1