British Trans Comedian Darcie Silver Passes Away in Thailand

webfact

image.jpeg

Darcie Silver, a British trans comedian known for her comedic brilliance showcased at the prestigious Edinburgh Fringe Festival in 2019, has tragically passed away in Thailand at the age of 35.

While her time with us was cut short under circumstances yet to be disclosed, Darcie Silver left an indelible mark with her sharp wit and unapologetic humor. She shared her experience in 2019, recounting an incident where she was asked to leave a women’s changing room in a store due to her identity.

Her journey was an ongoing battle against transphobia, a struggle that she courageously faced.

At the time of her untimely departure, Darcie was contributing her skills to a cosmetic and gender-affirming hospital in Bangkok, where she was engaged in patient liaison and marketing endeavors. Kamol Hospital, the esteemed institution where she worked, conveyed the heartbreaking news through an Instagram post on a somber Saturday (August 19).

In their social media tribute, Kamol Hospital expressed deep gratitude for Darcie’s multifaceted contributions. Not only was she a dedicated professional, but she was also a cherished friend, sister, and a compassionate soul who had a profound impact on countless lives. Her connection to Thai culture was palpable, often seeking solace and inspiration within the confines of local temples, a passion that will be honored in accordance with Thai tradition during her funeral rites.

By Adam Judd

By Thomas Sinclair, Guest Writer. Thomas is the editor of the Pembrokeshire Herald, found here.

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/08/23/british-trans-comedian-darcie-silver-passes-away-in-thailand/

-- THE PATTAYA NEWS 2023-08-23

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 2
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, proton said:

He seems to have suffered from more from mental illness thinking he was a woman than so called transphobia. Anyone who is devastated when asked to leave the wrong changing room obviously needs professional help. Running away to a country where his fantasies were indulged was not a lot of help it seems.

As I said, time is taking care of "other people".

????

Edited by Enoon
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Never heard of him. Was he funny? I do have sympathy for bathroom/changing room attendants....I mean how do you know that the guy with the beard is man or not if he's a woman only inside his head? What happens if the man who is a woman inside his own head is a woman who secretly sneaks into the men's room? Is that a crime? Askin' for a friend.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

Just now, RanongCat said:

For any  who die an RIP  may be "in order"  but no more so than for all or any who die.

For those unknown to us and who didn't affect our lives I agree entirely. Its just plain respect. 

2 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

This person who has died from cause unknown but identified to the forum as a trans person deserves more than an 80 year old real women survivor of more difficult experience who died of malnutrition because had no family support or  community concern ?

GTH !

This seems a bit odd. an 80 year old who died of malnutrition had no family support or  community concern. I would say they deserve real sympathy and disgust along with RIP

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

For those unknown to us and who didn't affect our lives I agree entirely. Its just plain respect. 

This seems a bit odd. an 80 year old who died of malnutrition had no family support or  community concern. I would say they deserve real sympathy and disgust along with RIP

You think  not happens!  ? More often than unknown trans who needs to have promo on AN !

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

Are you saying you bothered to read the article and watch the video?

If so did you know about her before you did so?

13 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

Are you saying you bothered to read the article and watch the video?

If so did you know about her before you did so?

Read the article, I watched about 2 mins the video, that was enough for me, not the type of humour I like and no I didn't know about her, never heard of her before, what's that got to do with my post you just responded to.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

16 minutes ago, RanongCat said:

You think  not happens!  ? More often than unknown trans who needs to have promo on AN !

May be it happens that's why I said they would deserve real sympathy.

Edited by Bkk Brian

12 minutes ago, proton said:

Hate, that over used word for any dissenting voice. some are never happy unless the departed are called an icon, legend or inspirational ray of light, him, not her.

Naa, she was not a legend or icon to me, maybe to her friends though

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/23/2023 at 3:55 PM, Enoon said:

The audience seemed to like her.

The sadly predictable ugly "first response" of the first post in the thread is obviously not based on any prior knowledge of her life experience.

Transphobia is what she suffered before she went to Thailand, where she found some relief from it, but perhaps too much damage had already been done.

Looking at what she is quoted as saying towards the end of this article I suppose that suicide may have been likely:

"I hate it. I can't help being a woman. I wish I could. I've had a horrible life because of it. I can't imagine anyone ever choosing to be trans because it's so difficult to live with"

https://www.thepinknews.com/2023/08/22/darcie-silver-trans-comedian-death-thailand/

I have never heard of her and I thank God that I can only imagine what it must be like to endure the misery of Gender Dysphoria:

"Gender dysphoria is a term that describes a sense of unease that a person may have because of a mismatch between their biological sex and their gender identity. This sense of unease or dissatisfaction may be so intense it can lead to depression and anxiety and have a harmful impact on daily life."

Gender dysphoria - NHS

At least such people now have more accessible routes to a possible solution or easement of it.

But it still leaves "other people" to push them towards the worst solution.......however time is taking care of them, and most younger people I meet seem much less troubled by trans.

Ooooh,you are awful.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1