Wrong name on visa

Today i finely received my 3 month NON O retirement Visa from Brussels.

Now they put a part of my surname in front off my given name and and second part off my surname on the back.

So al the names are correct,but mixed up. 

Can i run in to issues with immigration ?

Sincerely 

• Haha 1

Likely to run into issues at check-in from your departure airport first, you will be asked to show a return ticket or visa,  solve the 1st issue by instead purchasing a throw-away flight exit ticket to Vietnam within 30 days of your arrival from https://onwardticket.com/  - do not show your visa to check-in staff or at any transit points.  Immigration take a chance in my opinion, although this is risky and nothing guaranteed. There was another person with a similar issue last week, see if you can find the thread and ask them what happened in the end.

Edited by circa02
  • Like 1

Immigration in Thailand might ask questions, but are unlikely to ultimately be an issue. The problem will be the airline check-in staff when you check in. If possible, get the visa corrected. If time constraints make this infeasible, you may need to be prepared to be treated like someone planning to visit visa exempt, and asked for an onward flight booking (which could be one of those dubious rental tickets).

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, vlaming said:

Can i run in to issues with immigration ?

Yes.

If no time for Thai embassy to fix the issue a solution is given in the first answer.

You could enter visa exempt and obtain a non O in Thailand.

Do you have a Thai bank account in your name only?

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Do you have a Thai bank account in your name only?

The reason behind DrJack54's question, is that when you cannot get the name corrected by the Brussels Thai Embassy that issued the Visa, that you might be forced to enter Thailand VisaExempt (providing you with a 30-day Permission to stay).  From such a Visa Exempt entry you can then apply for the 90-day Non Imm O Visa at the local Imm Office in the province where you plan to reside long-term.  However, such application requires you to show sufficient funds on a personal Thai bank-account.  And with a VisaExempt entry it would be very difficult to open such a personal Thai bank-account.  When you entered Thailand on a Non Imm O Visa, it is also difficult to open a personal Thai bank-account , but your chances are much better. 

Obviously, if you have already a personal Thai bank-account, having to enter Thailand VisaExempt (without a Visa) due to that screw-up would be annoying but at least you would not run into unsurmountable difficulties. 

Note: As @circa02 mentioned, you would need to get hold of an outward-bound flight-reservation to an international destination from Thailand on a date prior to the expiry of the 30-day Permission to stay that the VisaExempt entry will provide you.  Without such a flight-reservation chances are that the airline company will not allow you to board (and showing them your wrongly spelled Non Imm O Visa is surely not recommended as that might trigger more trouble).

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, circa02 said:

do not show your visa to check-in staff or at any transit points.

Is it possible not showing passport to "check-in?!!! ????or Thai consulate issue visas on piece of paper rather than passports ?!!! I was aware that Cuba or Israel dose. 

26 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Is it possible not showing passport to "check-in?!!! ????or Thai consulate issue visas on piece of paper rather than passports ?!!! I was aware that Cuba or Israel dose. 

eVisa issued via email and you do a print out and show it to immigration on arrival at your destination.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, The Theory said:

Piece of paper. Well technically they send you a PDF for you to print. No longer in passport for e-visa process

17 hours ago, The Theory said:

It is necessary to show your passport when you check in for your flight.

• Thumbs Up 1