Trump surrenders for historic fourth arrest

Social Media

5 minutes ago, heybruce said:

And how would you design a system in which a record is kept of who the anonymous voter voted for that could only be checked by this anonymous voter?

You get a voter id number and password. Much the  same as everything else you would use on the net.  

8 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

And there lies the problem.  How can you gather evidence when there is none. With an open system there will be evidence to support both sides. Nobody can complain and throw bottles then.  

If there is no evidence then you have no case, its as simple as that, unless your name is Trump of course, then you rally the crowds to go to Capital Hill.

• Like 1

You get a voter id number and password. Much the  same as everything else you would use on the net.  

Unless you believe that the voting machines are rigged, a receipt should be sufficient.

Do you have any evidence that voting machines are rigged?

2 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

If there is no evidence then you have no case, its as simple as that, unless your name is Trump of course, then you rally the crowds to go to Capital Hill.

Totally agree.  Without evidence you can't do anything. Violence is not a good reponse if there are other options. Rather than the riot I would rather see a change of some sort to improve how people at least perceive things. 

1 minute ago, TimeMachine said:

Totally agree.  Without evidence you can't do anything. Violence is not a good reponse if there are other options. Rather than the riot I would rather see a change of some sort to improve how people at least perceive things. 

Other options were taken, 60+ court cases, still no evidence. That's when you know, hey guess what, I was wrong....

1 minute ago, Danderman123 said:

Unless you believe that the voting machines are rigged, a receipt should be sufficient.

Do you have any evidence that voting machines are rigged?

Am I able to inspect them and see what they did with my vote? I can only think that that part isnt the issue though as it is currently.

But for imlrovement,  

Just modify the machines to read a card,  confirm with voter the details and imbed all the encrypted info into the database. When ive seen my vote on database I know machines have done their job along with any other middle man tasks.

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Some might reach that conclusion. Others never will.

Lets say,  just for arguments sake,  there was fraudulent  activity. Currently someone may  find it extremely difficult to prove and it can be hidden as if proof doesnt exist.  Why was there so many cases?  

For open source you would need one case. 

Am I able to inspect them and see what they did with my vote? I can only think that that part isnt the issue though as it is currently.

But for imlrovement,  

Just modify the machines to read a card,  confirm with voter the details and imbed all the encrypted info into the database. When ive seen my vote on database I know machines have done their job along with any other middle man tasks.

But there is no evidence that the 2020 Georgia election was stolen.

4 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Lets say,  just for arguments sake,  there was fraudulent  activity. Currently someone may  find it extremely difficult to prove and it can be hidden as if proof doesnt exist.  Why was there so many cases?  

For open source you would need one case. 

For onesies or twosies, yeah, they are hard to detect.

But, mass voter fraud would be easy to see.

16 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

Once Trump goes away, this also goes away.

Today, there is virtually nobody suggesting that voting macines are inaccurate.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I will give you a few clues and you can work it out for yourself.

• Presidents can pardon people
  • There is an election coming soon
  • Trump will likely be running in that election 

Trump has been indicted in New York and Georgia. Even if he wins in 2024, he cannot pardon himself for state convictions.

35 minutes ago, TimeMachine said:

So vote riggers would create a system where you see your vote, but its not in the real system that you can't see.

Once you go down that rabbit hole, there is no solution for your apprehensions.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

At that point we could have done it long ago. Voting online would be way more secure than any voting machine. Banks don't seem to have a problem with operating online. That way, you and only you could view the ownership of your vote. I'd support that. They could do away with mail in voting and drop boxes, no queues and more people would be able to vote. Trust me, the republicans don't want that.

You are just wanting to stop all the poor/unintelligent people voting , the ones who do not have means to access a computer or don't have the ability to use a computer and so wont be able to vote .

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You are just wanting to stop all the poor/unintelligent people voting , the ones who do not have means to access a computer or don't have the ability to use a computer and so wont be able to vote .

I agree with you.

Online only voting would exclude a lot of people from voting.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

At that point we could have done it long ago. Voting online would be way more secure than any voting machine. Banks don't seem to have a problem with operating online. That way, you and only you could view the ownership of your vote. I'd support that. They could do away with mail in voting and drop boxes, no queues and more people would be able to vote. Trust me, the republicans don't want that.

I think it could be another option to have a phone app along with mail in and visiting traditional ballot boxes. But not only online voting, it could be vulnerable to hack attempts. They partially trialed it in the UK.

Voters in U.K. Cast Ballots Online, in Test for Internet Voting

LONDON—Members of the U.K.’s ruling Conservative Party who are voting to decide the country’s next prime minister are for the first time casting ballots online in a leadership election, a rarity among democracies wary of internet voting because of cybersecurity concerns
Over a several-week period, the party is offering internet voting alongside voting by mail, in part to provide greater convenience during August weeks when Britons take vacation and to avoid disruptions by striking postal workers. The results are to be announced Sept. 5.

https://www.wsj.com/amp/articles/voters-in-u-k-cast-ballots-online-in-test-for-internet-voting-11660993200

https://archive.ph/Jefxt

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Voter fraud can't be hidden. Election fraud, involving financial irregularities can be hidden. Especially when the supreme court lets you hide them.

There weren't so many cases. There were a few and most of those convicted were republicans. The salient point was there were nowhere near enough to sway an election.

Would you disqualify an election if you could prove a single case? Or throw it to the opposition?

As I pointed out above, even if such a system was implemented, so what? The Trumpistas would just make up some other fictions. For instance, they could claim that the government was stuffing the system with fake votes. How would a personal ID system address that charge? Remember that these are the same people who not so long ago were the lemmings following Trump over his campaign to investigate whether or not Obama was born in the USA. They were convinced that Obama was born in Kenya and that he was ineligible to be President. A lot of those people are still posting here. This election fraud stuff has nothing to do with rationality.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

There are cases of people making death threats against Georgia election officials. Given that there is no proof that the Georgia election was stolen, can our Trump fans here explicitly condemn such vile behavior by people threatening election officuals?

Did any Trump fan on here actually say they support making death threats against election officials? I doubt it as they'd probably have been suspended for it and the post deleted, quite rightly too.

IMO your post is just baiting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1