Getting asked for money nearly the moment I leave my building, real flippin' nice Thailand ????

52 minutes ago, bobbin said:

Every so often, even on AN, there comes a poster so tone-deaf, so entitled by the fortune of birth that it almost takes your breath away...

Go home Rainbow Yankee..

I wonder why some people think it is necessary to desecrate a countries flag in the name of their perversion.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

And if I am, I will have the deceny and self respect to not target and feel entitled to money of those who had nothing to do with my situation.

Yet you have something to do with your situation as you are living in an area with loads of ‘bums’ (as you term the poor, destitute & desperate).

• Like 1

You have no idea what being harassed by beggars is like, try India or North Africa, they descend like a swarm of locusts and persist, persist, persist. Were you surrounded by 20 or more street urchins grabbing your arms and delving into your pockets?

Edited by giddyup

10 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yet you have something to do with your situation as you are living in an area with loads of ‘bums’ (as you term the poor, destitute & desperate).

It's sukhumvit. There's bums everywhere, even near my upscale condo near Asoke. 

That's just Sukhumvit, man. Not me living in a shady area.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Fascinating

Never ceases to amaze me that with Westerners there is a strong response to those who don't want to give charity and bickering quickly ensues, similar to the recent tipping discussion.

Why are there so many high-horse riding, do-gooder, virtue signalling, white knights in the West - who also love shaming others for not parting with coin unnecessarily?

Something tells me they would turn their noses up to a falang begging on the streets though 

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1