Getting asked for money nearly the moment I leave my building, real flippin' nice Thailand ????

Just now, Sigmund said:

Whether it is or is not, I just could not consider your application as an english teacher...????

Me neither, but don't be afraid to tell me English is your first language, it will make things a lot clearer......????

• Confused 1

Just now, transam said:

Me neither, but don't be afraid to tell me English is your first language, it will make things a lot clearer......????

pointing on typo or language from others,  is la flagrant lack of elements to argue...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sigmund said:

pointing on typo or language from others,  is la flagrant lack of elements to argue...

Not so, if I don't understand your "English" then tell me/us English is your second language. Really easy....????

The only thing I understand from you so far, is your soapy visits.........????

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Really newbie, you haven't been here long enough to make that assumption, ol' chap......:whistling:......................????

Should one conclude that your sole existential achievement is your xx thousand posts...ol'chap..?

Edited by Sigmund

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Come back when you have been here a bit longer than your 2 weeks..:clap2:

I will for sure...as I have less to loose then you getting bashed presently in this thread...????.....but for now kindly excuse me, as it's time to go out for lunch.

Edited by Sigmund
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, FruitPudding said:

Fascinating

Never ceases to amaze me that with Westerners there is a strong response to those who don't want to give charity and bickering quickly ensues, similar to the recent tipping discussion.

Why are there so many high-horse riding, do-gooder, virtue signalling, white knights in the West - who also love shaming others for not parting with coin unnecessarily?

Something tells me they would turn their noses up to a falang begging on the streets though 

Brow beaten since birth I'm sure. 

Just to be clear, I have and do give money to beggars occasionally, like I would say most people do. I don't think there's many people who NEVER give money to a beggar. It just has to strike me with the right combination of factors including mood, if I even have cash on me (I use apple pay for almost everything if possible), and my assessment of the severity of their situation.

In another post a couple months ago or so, I mentioned a guy with a little street side shop selling meager Muay Thai stuff, I have and do give to him often. I slipped him 100 baht and bought him a Leo big bottle for him, and he's extremely grateful for it. 

My post was more to do with the beggars targeting me specifically even in a crowd, and being accosted for money no less than three times in what couldn't have been more than five minutes.

Plus, If you give to one beggar, the other beggars will probably see it and then feel entitled to some of your money too. Might even get abusive too, if you don't give some.

2 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Let's hope that one day you won't be homeless, destitute or broke...

So you're gullible enough to believe that everyone who  rattles a tin cup under your nose is homeless, destitute and broke? A fool and his money.............as they say.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

It's sukhumvit. There's bums everywhere, even near my upscale condo near Asoke. 

That's just Sukhumvit, man. Not me living in a shady area.

The consensus of opinion on here used to be most beggars along Sukhumvit were dropped off by gangs and were not even Thai, then picked up again and had the takings collected, babies and dogs on a string as well as fake injuries being common. Now the forum seems to have gone all soft with misplaced empathy and compassion for these criminal gangs using the poor to extract donations for nothing. Is the lizard man still dragging himself around? he used to make about 6k a day. Ignore all of them, there are plenty of legit charities to give to.

Edited by proton
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sigmund said:

They are all over and not only in his area, if you took some time to visit Thailand one day to see for yourself.

They are not all over, and very few outside of Bangkok. One reason Thai's are so shocked when they go abroad and see the homeless problems. 

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Your mistake is making eye contact with them.

Pretend they're not there, and they won't bother you.

The just ignore it brigade is back!

That’s not reality unless your a Buddha. There are negatives in life. Some things are better then others. Some places are better then others. You can’t like everything. Not everything is in your head, etc, etc.

Let's get this straight, again it's the BRB's not doing their job. The down and outers most who come from up North should be arrested and sent back to the address on their Thai ID's. Bangkok, Pattaya and Phuket aren't the promised World unless a person has employment there. In saying that what BRB would arrest a down and outer as there's no money in it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sigmund said:
1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yet you have something to do with your situation as you are living in an area with loads of ‘bums’ (as you term the poor, destitute & desperate).

They are all over and not only in his area, if you took some time to visit Thailand one day to see for yourself.

Yawn...   

If you took the opportunity to visit the area's outside of a tourist bubble you would see that like anywhere else, beggars are located in areas of the greatest footfall and in pretty much every country they are greater numbers of beggars in areas of high tourist footfall unless specifically dealt with and cleared by authorities. 

......  even a half-wit understands that. 

Not only are the Ops posts morally tone deaf, they show an absence of consideration, an absence of sympathy, an absence of empathy and most significantly an utter absence of intelligence...

If you are backing up the Op, you are as toxic as he is. 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1