Getting asked for money nearly the moment I leave my building, real flippin' nice Thailand ????

You know you are living in Thailand right? What do you expect? The Klong Toie slum is just a kilometer away. I mean, you live in Thailand dude. It's Thailand DUDE. Most people have very little here .. same goes for a large portion of the world.

Be grateful with what you have and learn a little compassion. It goes a long way in achieving happiness.

You want no beggars on the streets?

Go live in Singapore or Tokyo.

Edited by likerdup1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, likerdup1 said:

You know you are living in Thailand right? What do you expect? The Klong Toie slum is just a kilometer away. I mean, you live in Thailand dude. It's Thailand DUDE. Most people have very little here .. same goes for a large portion of the world.

Be grateful with what you have and learn a little compassion. It goes a long way in achieving happiness.

You want no beggars on the streets?

Go live in Singapore or Tokyo.

What's with all the "dude"/"DUDE" useage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

It's sukhumvit. There's bums everywhere, even near my upscale condo near Asoke. 

That's just Sukhumvit, man. Not me living in a shady area.

There are a few key area's of every city that will attract a greater number of beggars etc...

In Bangkok, thats going to be Sukhumvit Road (and particularly Asoke to Nana) and Khao Sarn Road.

In Phuket it's going to be beach-road in Patong.

In Pattaya its going to be near Walking street.

Conversely, if you lived in On Nut, Thonglor, Ari, Phunawitthi etc there will be far fewer beggars.

The area isn't shady per-se, but it attracts certain 'things' other area's do not.

So regardless of your 'up-scale' Condo, the street outside is just an area of high-footfall and serves as a better opportunity for beggars - It was your choice to live in this area, so this is within your control.

4 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Yawn...   

If you took the opportunity to visit the area's outside of a tourist bubble you would see that like anywhere else, beggars are located in areas of the greatest footfall and in pretty much every country they are greater numbers of beggars in areas of high tourist footfall unless specifically dealt with and cleared by authorities. 

......  even a half-wit understands that. 

Not only are the Ops posts morally tone deaf, they show an absence of consideration, an absence of sympathy, an absence of empathy and most significantly an utter absence of intelligence...

If you are backing up the Op, you are as toxic as he is. 

Get a life instead on insulting people behind your screen just to feel that you exist.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

I am always far more shocked on the large amount of misery, homeless and beggers in the side streets of NYC or Paris, compared to other places in the world.

Misery is unacceptable. Seing the elderly who cannot afford basic healthcare like many farangs we have in Thailand....

When a so-called developped country spends trillions on their useless military racket and gives out on the other nations,(like the USA does to the world and France does in Africa),  America, France and many others have forgotten the magic mantra which is to take care of your own first.

• Love It 1

8 hours ago, HandsomeTallFarang said:

Exit condo, and not more than 20 steps onto sukhumvit,

Well, what did you expect? You're on SUKHUMVIT! Especially if you are lower than Ekamai. I'm guessing you are on the very low side. It's all hell. I've never lived on sukhumvhit and doubt I ever would.

The only beggar I ever see is a lepar that is sometimes strategically placed outside my MRT. Other than that it's local, residential and quiet-bustling.

That area while it can be fun on an oft moon is absolutely dire. What did you expect?

It just beggar's belief the amount of negative comments given to the poster of this thread.

I am amazed that Aseannow posters had such caring hearts.

I thought most would have agreed with Handsometall......

Looks like there is hope for humanity after all.

Well done.