Thai girl battles rhabdomyolysis after harsh school punishment

webfact

33 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

not government schools I suppose... Ep programs and international schools are different.. but I am talking about the normal temple schools and Government schools

Talk about what you want. I treat them same and have experience o9f both. But, right now you are right. They are in private schools.

49 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You believe Thai kids in Thai classroom would revolt against the teacher dishing out discipline ????

You believe your kids would revolt against the teacher ???

At 16 perhaps... but younger than that... 

I don't know your kids of course, but you are utterly delusional... 

No, as you say, you do not know my kids. Still you are saying I am delusional. Just ask yourself, how you can do that. First you say, you do not have a clue, after you make a judgement. I don´t think we need to talk about who is delusional, as you just made it clear. As I said, my 4 year old, would not take it. If she was tall enough, she would kick the teacher in the nuts. And that comes from somebody who know his children. Feel free to talk about and make judgement about your own children next time. 

1 hour ago, RobU said:

I agree but many Thai children are brought up to defer to adults i.e. a biddable child especially in working class families plus it depends on the personality of the child to be able to stand up to a stronger bigger Adult who could do them serious harm. You have taught your children to be fearless and not to back down, which may or may not be a good thing when dealing with bully personalities who are physically bigger and stronger

You are right in what you are saying, except that I have thought my children to be fearless. That´s not what a sensible parent do. Especially not one with fairly dangerous skills. I have thought my children to look, feel the environment around them, and make a judgement out of the possibilities they can see and own.

13 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

Easy  to write, but you never were in a Thai school apparently.. No other punishments are allowed than hitting with a stick. and the students themselves say.. no problem teacher a little bit hurt...The students are taught not to discuss with the teacher or even go to the director or administration... This is Thailand 2023

According to your writing, you haven't been in a Thai school neither.
I can show pictures and movies from Thai schools that leave you jawdropping.
Like kneeling on a sharp edged wood in the full sunshine during the morning ceremony.
This 3rd world country will never evolve as long as Neanderthalers with the mindset of a chimpansee are allowed to teach in schools.

1 hour ago, Gottfrid said:

No, as you say, you do not know my kids. Still you are saying I am delusional. Just ask yourself, how you can do that. First you say, you do not have a clue, after you make a judgement. I don´t think we need to talk about who is delusional, as you just made it clear. As I said, my 4 year old, would not take it. If she was tall enough, she would kick the teacher in the nuts. And that comes from somebody who know his children. Feel free to talk about and make judgement about your own children next time. 

You have taught your 4 year old that it's okay to kick a teacher in the nuts? Bloody hell!

Edited by chickenslegs
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I dont condone this type of punishment at all but is it likely this girl actually developed rhabdomyolysis from 100 squat jumps???? Isnt it a fairly rare condition that requires fairly severe injury to develop?????

5 hours ago, Confuscious said:

According to your writing, you haven't been in a Thai school neither.
I can show pictures and movies from Thai schools that leave you jawdropping.
Like kneeling on a sharp edged wood in the full sunshine during the morning ceremony.
This 3rd world country will never evolve as long as Neanderthalers with the mindset of a chimpansee are allowed to teach in schools.

you don't know and dare to say I have no experience.... I have been in several schools teaching kids from anuban/kindergarden to M6...for 18 years..and I know very good what is going on in schools.. I even was fired in a school because I broke the stick of a Thai teacher.. 

9 hours ago, chickenslegs said:

You have taught your 4 year old that it's okay to kick a teacher in the nuts? Bloody hell!

No, I never wrote that I have taught. I just assumed the would be the reaction if any teacher lay a hand on them. If any teacher in any kind of way hit or abuse my children, I condone, that they defend themselves.