Miraculous plunge: Singaporean man survives fifth-floor fall from Krabi hotel

webfact

5 hours ago, FarangJon said:

Thailand must have a strong magnetic field, I still heard and read somewhere that as many people fall from the balcony as in Thailand.

Russia are currently trying to jump Thailand into first place presently ...although it would seem most in Russia have a bit o help

5 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Adverts are generated individually to a persons browsing behaviour .

I get adverts about D.I.Y tools and Condo rentals on Ko Samui

On Asean Now I often get weird ads in French, even though I'm in Thailand, not French, and never ever browse French websites. And on YouTube, I, most of the time, get ads in Thai for products that have absolutely nothing to do with what I watch there, or with my browsing history, or my searches on Google. Strange is that, while almost all ads are in Thai, I also, occasionally, get ads to study Thai! - Obviously, I would never buy stocks in Google, as, despite all the tracking they do on me, they have absolutely no idea who I am... What a joke this company must be!

Edited by StayinThailand2much

6 hours ago, FarangJon said:

Thailand must have a strong magnetic field, I still heard and read somewhere that as many people fall from the balcony as in Thailand.

Perhaps he had been dining out on the balcony with Vlad and made the mistake of calling it a war. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, still kicking said:

I don't get any ads. ????

I wondered why I keep on getting adverts for latex gimp suits.... ????

Seriously though, from the OP I think that it's a good assumption that this was a suicide attempt since his friend said that he has mental health problems.  If you suffered from a life-threatening heart condition, it would be prudent not to travel.  I would put mental health issues in the same category.  If you have suicidal thoughts then you really should not be travelling here - you should be seeking treatment in your home country. 

Jumping off a building carries the risk of killing others walking past (it has happened before). Having a cardiac arrest only risks your own life.  For this reason, I regard 'jumpers' as selfish (although I understand that they may not be thinking clearly at the time).

19 hours ago, arick said:

Something's dodgy singaporeans are used to living in high rises surely they know what to do on the fourth floor

The first question I'd ask is the height of the balcony railing. 

Those of us accustomed to nanny state building codes have been sheltered from the risk of going over a low railing.  Not hard to imagine someone leaning too much, like we were able to safely do back home.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 8/28/2023 at 6:59 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

on YouTube, I, most of the time, get ads in Thai for products that have absolutely nothing to do with what I watch there

Perhaps keep an eye on the GF / Wife?

Because my experience with ads on google chrome, is that immediately after I search for something like "cooking pots" I get a lot of ads for cooking pots!