Warranty on Expensive Electrical Items, from Online Sellers

33 RPM

There are many sellers on Shoppee, Lazada , Facebook Market place, of which a lot are fakes, scammers ,which is common knowledge.

But even the " Real " sellers on these platforms offer expensive goods like a 30,000 baht TV with a full Supplier Warranty, or so they say.

i would imagine if you bought a TV from one of these vendors and it did need service under warranty, the service centre would laugh at you if you produced a sale slip if indeed you got one from a Facebook marketplace seller or similar

as they are not an authorised seller.

They claim warranty is " Supplier Warranty "

Please advise of what is the reality of a warranty claim  if purchased from one of these sellers or your experience with a warranty claim

Thank You

• Like 1

You get the same warranty paperwork if buying from a store front or online.  Some store fronts will act as your agent (but often only for a week or so and work is done by maker so extra transport time may be involved).  As long as you save sales receipt/warranty card you should get normal repair service regardless of where bought.  The issue would be gray market items sold on platforms as they often do not have local warranty card - but normally they advise such in listing.

• Thumbs Up 1

I always assume there is no warranty for anything i buy. Unless you are unlucky most electrical items will last a year, then break down.

Having said that an Acer laptop i bought from Lazada broke down and i got it repaired free by Acer. Although i had to take it to their service centre in Chon Buri.

• Thumbs Up 1

The warranty is through the serial number, not the method of sale???? ???? if the serial number is checked and it still is in the time frame of the manufacturer warranty, it is covered. Doesn't matter if it was sold 10 times through 10 different flea markets. A warranty is a Warranty.

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang
  • Sad 1

Why would you ever buy an expensive electrical item online from Lazada, Shopee or anyone else for that matter?

If it doesn't work when when it's delivered you've just let yourself in for a whole load of BS and maybe total loss of the money if the seller is Bent!

I’ve had a warranty claim on a 65000฿ Virtual Reality head set after purchasing from an online reseller. 
I contacted HTC directly after instruction from the online reseller. It was a bit of a ball breaker but ultimately I had the failed part replaced under warranty.

It certainly wasn’t a simple process and I ended up going the the manufacturer head office in BKK, from Pattaya, twice to resolve the issue.