Big fat ugly A/C compressor unit on balcony

2 minutes ago, JoeyMac said:

Let me clarify - are you saying the air released from the compressor is simply hot air with a bit of Freon mixed into that ?

The Freon (or other gas) is contained within the unit.  None of it comes out unless the unit is faulty.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, JoeyMac said:

Rent is around 75,000 a month - so yes we are seeking PERFECETION. If you simply wanted a one bedroom condo randomly in the city i could pick one up tomorrow most likely. Finding a two bedroom, that is in the location you need it to be, the size, has the amenities you want in a condo (security, modern infrustructure, pool), and close to entertainment is vital. 

If you are paying that much a month, it would cost you peanuts to change the A/C thingy.......????

• Love It 1

It obviously comes from the fact that Thais rarely use their balcony for personal use. It is more for drying clothes, the AC unit, putting the cleaning stuff at. I really do not get it either, how they build all these condo buildings, and nobody ever came with a better way.

It must be about money again, greed, by developers. I do know various older but luxury condo's that have them hang under the balcony on the wall. I personally did what one of the posters here showed in a photo, cover it with wood and made it a small table with 2 chairs still fitting next to it.

On 9/2/2023 at 1:17 AM, JoeyMac said:

'heat hitting us' from this ugly looking creature. 

There are add on adjustable deflector plates my friend brought one aluminon just clips on.

On 9/2/2023 at 1:17 AM, JoeyMac said:

I mean if it is pumping in clean air into your room, then is it emitting dirty air out ?

The inside unit just circulates air from inside.

Why sit outside with the A/C on? on the upside it'll keep you warm outside on cold evenings? :giggle:

Freon stays in the coil, it circulates between the outside compressor and the inside unit. After being cooled down at the outside unit it flows b into the inside unit to cool down the room, all the while stays inside the coil. It is not released into the outside air.

Dust from the air has nothing to do with the cooling system, it's exterior, you have to deal with it when you store anything outdoor. Normally the a/c tech will hose down the outside unit to remove the dust during a/c cleaning, which is needed every 6 months.

Edited by Thailand J

THE PLOT THICKENS !!!!!

So we go to another condo now that we like. This one does not have any compressor on the balcony.

Visions return of sitting on a balcony and relaxing. 

The air conditioning works a treat. So i ask where do the air conditioning exhale it's air? It must be a fancy system they have. 

Answer? The compressor is in the bedroom !!!!! We look and see a decorative style door in the wall. Behind that, inside the bedroom is the compressor !!!! It then has a pipe to flush it out into the air. 

I look at the agent in aghast. He tells me this is very normal in Thai condos !!!!

So it looks like a compressor on the exterior may actually be the best option !!!! I could have literally had the compressor in my bedroom !!!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, JoeyMac said:

The compressor is in the bedroom !!!!!

We look and see a decorative style door in the wall. Behind that, inside the bedroom is the compressor

PHOTOS?

Again we ask to see photos!

Why is it only you, that have this seemingly Huuuuge problems with these compressors?

I moved here in the 90's, lived in many cities. Never ever have I had a compressor refrain me from renting or buying a condo.

This is entertaining, on so many different levels.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1