Intoxicated British Man Beaten by Two Thai Men in Pattaya

webfact

1 minute ago, Woof999 said:

Your own citation to show that Brits are the worst would appear to show them in the silver medal position. Don't get me wrong, some Brits could find trouble in a yoga meet and the overall reputation is well deserved.

Enjoy the moment, the shoe will be on the other foot in threads to come I'm sure.

Second worst is a bad rap. Russians outnumber the Brits. Basic math says being 2nd on low numbers is bad.

• Confused 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, bignok said:

Second worst is a bad rap. Russians outnumber the Brits. Basic math says being 2nd on low numbers is bad.

I'm pretty sure it's not a celebrated. Tar everyone with the same brush though and you'll get the reaction you're clearly looking for.

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

I'm pretty sure it's not a celebrated. Tar everyone with the same brush though and you'll get the reaction you're clearly looking for.

Just look at the attitudes. Excuse making. No wonder they get in trouble.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

An educated reasonable person de escalates the situation…one restrains him if need be or better yet call the authorities…

but the average thai male (below HS educated)  is neither…very similar to how security/bouncer at bars act here…totally untrained and their simmering hatred for foreigners rise given any opportunity…and it’s 5am so thugs rule the street at that hour 

the situation should of and could have been handled in a civilized manner…but the various factors involved in this case says otherwise 

The Brit put himself in that situation but the outcome should not have happened 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Oddly, those who continually slag off British folk are Australian, why I can't fathom out, only they know, but I think it is because of the venues they frequent on a regular basis..............:whistling:

Might have something to do what you lot did to the Indigenous folk.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, London Lowf said:

Let the Thai-bashing begin, but before you do maybe the guy deserved it?

Maybe he was giving the Thai guys trouble?

Maybe he stole from the store and abused the staff?

Maybe he was assaulting female customers as they went in or out of the store?

I'm a Brit and I can assure you that many cannot hold their booze and become downright obnoxious after a few. When they get to a free and easy place like Thailand they completely lose it.

A very intelligent and well-educated guy I worked with many years ago explained that you can reason with the vast majority of people that are mis-behaving, but there are a few that only understand one thing, and that is a smack in the mouth!

Not sure how you could possibly say he might have "deserved it". The "it" being, "a swollen head, a broken nose and three teeth knocked out." and a "cerebral haemorrhage." And you somehow equate that with "a smack on the mouth!" ????????

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, London Lowf said:

Let the Thai-bashing begin, but before you do maybe the guy deserved it?

Maybe he was giving the Thai guys trouble?

Maybe he stole from the store and abused the staff?

Maybe he was assaulting female customers as they went in or out of the store?

I'm a Brit and I can assure you that many cannot hold their booze and become downright obnoxious after a few. When they get to a free and easy place like Thailand they completely lose it.

A very intelligent and well-educated guy I worked with many years ago explained that you can reason with the vast majority of people that are mis-behaving, but there are a few that only understand one thing, and that is a smack in the mouth!

Backing the cowardly bast#rds up, unbelievable. Everyone knows they are most cowardly race of people on the planet 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, bignok said:

Is there a culture problem? Must be a reason for it.

It would only be conjecture on my part, of course, but it appears that by what the other commenter was saying about over-representation of Brits in this kind of news and your response being "Is there a culture problem?", that you are alluding to a Brit cultural problem? I'm not completely clear on your intended meaning.
Either way, I would say that in the years that I used to hang out at clubs and occasionally bars, I didn't often go to ones where farang were represented much at all. And I saw plenty of fights involving various different Asian people with Thais. Never did see any that I recall, other than verbal stupidity, involving farang in those 10 or so years. But that shouldn't be too surprising since I only occasionally went to places in which there were a good number of farang. But even when I did go to those places and saw fights, it was never involving a farang. So, in my limited experience, if there's a cultural problem, it seems to me that it is a media cultural problem of preferring to report the more sensational story. And that narrative would be older farang as opposed to reporting on what seems to be more viewed as squabbles between equally Asian people. Just imagine if Brits or Americans were doing the things that the Chinese tourists and tour groups incessantly do across the country! I'd put my money on the reporting being covered a LOTTTTT more and with a LOTTTT more invective.

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

Ive been to 35 cities last 12 months. Seen very few Brits. Few in CM and some in HH. They dont travel much outside the nightlife areas. Id say there are cultural issues here.

Start a new tread about it. I'll happily debate you.

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

I am very sorry to hear that these two Thai men are now in trouble for the ass whipping provided to this Quality Tourist.

If they set up a GoFundMe page, I will donate.

As for the Brit, lock him up in Soi 9 for a month and then send him home.  Blacklist forever!

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Taboo2 said:

I am very sorry to hear that these two Thai men are now in trouble for the ass whipping provided to this Quality Tourist.

Two young Thais drinking alcohol outside a 7-11 in the early morning hours should be judge, jury and executioner? Great idea.

The Brit in the story was a muppet and was asking to be attacked. That doesn't mean the attackers should have taken him up on his offer.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Woof999 said:

Bless you.

Often. Opportunist thefts. Pick pockets. Dual pricing. Scams specifically targetting foregingers. None of which negates the fact I chose to live here for the many positives.

So do I.

Neither have I.

None of the above means that is was right for the locals to potentially kill him. I already wrote that the Brit was a muppet and was asking for it. He deserved to be put in his place. He did not deserve to be almost killed. If you think he did deserve to be killed then you've probably lived here too long.

Fights can go 2 ways. Minor damage, major damage. Thats why you dont pick fights. Its often pot luck.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1