Electric car fire: Week-old million baht vehicle ignites in Udon Thani mall

webfact

18 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

Try to keep up, that is cherry ???? picking Tesla numbers only for EV fires Vs. all brand and vehicle types for ICE.

Let's see some honest stats for Chinese made EVs ????. You have those numbers?

I would guess, by now, most Teslas are Chinese made. Also, most EVs globally contain Chinese batteries. Im not going to provide any numbers to you, but a lot of fires has been in cars (GM, Hyundai, Jaguar and others) with LG Chem batteries (Korea). 

Edited by chacha boom
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Because insurance companies are going to want a premium to insure cars that burn themselves to a crisp, leaving them liable to payout a claim for a million Baht for a new one. 

Most, if not all, EVs come with a 5-8 year guarantee on battery and drive units. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Most cars global contain parts and or components made in CH, if not the whole car.  

ICEVs & EVs

Some models of these brands are made in part or whole, in CH.  End product coming out one for the big 6 CH automakers:

Vovo

Honda

Benz

BMW

VW

Nissan

Peugeot-Citroën

Toyota

GM

Ford

Mazda

Polestar

Lotus

Hyundai

Mitsubishi

Isuzu

Peugeot

Stellantis/Fiat Chrysler

But only one that is 100% Chinese with a bought British name using its history as a selling tool, am I correct.....?  ????

• Sad 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

They are indeed; you pay for rubbish, and that’s exactly what you get.

Really.   So you owned a few in the past, pre 2011.  Oh well, my condolences.

Try owning one of the CH built since 2011.  But do consider the MG3 is an entry level for low budget folks.  The rest get high marks.

• Haha 1

Just now, chacha boom said:

I do not watch videos from that pathetic South African propagandist. There is a truth in that EVs can catch fire. There is also the truth that its a 10x higher risk of it happening in an ICE car. 

Oh, so you trash when not knowing, great............????

• Confused 3

2 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Very re-assuring.

Because if I came back to my car to find it looking like this the first thing I'd worry about is whether the battery was still under warranty.????

image.png.6dc8d59a2a0a084b1522ebc37c3c2c60.png

Yeah, EV fires happen. That is a British made (Indian) Jaguar with LG Chem batteries from Korea.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, transam said:

But only one that is 100% Chinese with a bought British name using its history as a selling tool, am I correct.....?  ????

And yet you don't seem to care about the other Brit products, coming out of CH, along with so many other things.  I'm sure you truck & Celerio have parts from CH in it.

Hold on to your hat, as the Minis with their 'union jack' emblems will be coming out of CH next year, if not some coming out now.

"BMW is part of a joint venture with Chinese automaker Great Wall Motor, so the hatchback and small SUV electric Minis will be built in Baoding, China, going forward. The electric Mini Aceman, which is expected to debut in 2024, will also be made in China." ????

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

What are 10 years old EVs selling for in Norway,  as a percentage of new price?

Average mileage (km)?

You looking to buy one, in Norway ?

What are any 10 yr old cars selling for ?  So little, we gave ours (Mazda2) to our daughter.

Due to new tech, all around, a 10 yr old EV will be low priced.

Same as a 10 yr old phone or laptop.  So many advancements, it's not a very fair query.

Edited by KhunLA

6 minutes ago, transam said:

Is that an MG.................????

Jaguar i-Pace. My friend in the UK had one. He said it was unbelieveably quick but unfortunately he'd swapped it for an Audi q8 e-tron by the time I visited so I never got in it (although maybe that was a good thing in hindsight ????). 

The Audi was nice but personally I find the EV's pretty soulless. I'd take a ICE every time. Same with motorbikes, can't imagine an EBike comparing to my V(L)-Twin. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Celerio? Transman drives a Celery! Now that is hilarious, I am struggling to type i am laughing so much,

Well, I guess someone has to drive one, to repeat one of his comments, I wouldn't be seen dead in one.

To quote Mel Brooks, a severe case of PP envy, that explains so much.  All that repressed shame...

Yea, I got quite the chuckle when he posted that little tidbit.  Kind of diminished the 'TransAm' motorhead image some may have assumed.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

And yet you don't seem to care about the other Brit products, coming out of CH, along with so many other things.  I'm sure you truck & Celerio have parts from CH in it.

Hold on to your hat, as the Minis with their 'union jack' emblems will be coming out of CH next year, if not some coming out now.

"BMW is part of a joint venture with Chinese automaker Great Wall Motor, so the hatchback and small SUV electric Minis will be built in Baoding, China, going forward. The electric Mini Aceman, which is expected to debut in 2024, will also be made in China." ????

All cars have a part from China, Celerio, as you said "Parts"............????

MG is 100% Chinese using MG history to sell, have you forgotten "Since 1924", already........????

The Mini is a BMW creation, I don't think I have ever seen a BMW mini with Morris or Austin on it, they use the word Mini, which isn't the name of the original mini either, I had an Austin 7 "Mini"..????

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, transam said:

All cars have a part from China, Celerio, as you said "Parts"............????

MG is 100% Chinese using MG history to sell, have you forgotten "Since 1924", already........????

The Mini is a BMW creation, I don't think I have ever seen a BMW mini with Morris or Austin on it, they use the word Mini, which isn't the name of the original mini either, I had an Austin 7 "Mini"..????

The mini was created by Sir Alec Issigonis, it's not a descriptive term, it's a Model.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

Celerio? Transman drives a Celery! Now that is hilarious, I am struggling to type i am laughing so much,

Well, I guess someone has to drive one, to repeat one of his comments, I wouldn't be seen dead in one.

I don't have a car now, the Celerio belongs to Mrs. T, but I do drive it at times, and take care of it............????

• Haha 2