Handicap parking

Kenneth White

On 9/6/2023 at 7:34 AM, ronster said:

As a wheelchair user it always amazes me how many disabled people are in shops I go to yet I never actually see one inside .
This parking was very special, done by 3 people with zero disability as I watched them come out and get into the car . 

DEBC21CF-3075-411A-BB6E-1F68D958C76A.jpeg

Reply to an old post, but to clarify that photo - it is the car that is disabled, not the passengers!

1 hour ago, AustinRacing said:

You don’t need to worry about them. Regarding your situation, by all means have a go at ranting, this place is all about that. 

Why do I not need to worry about Thais who are disabled?

3 hours ago, AustinRacing said:
8 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Does that also mean ‘us guests’ are not permitted to have opinions or discuss such matters on these fora, with our Western & Thai friends ??? 

By all means we can discuss. The op was looking for actionable advice and not just opinions. On that basis we shouldn’t get involved. 

Valid point - especially when there really is no way of 'proving' of those using the disabled spaces truly are in need of parking closer to the 'shops' etc (i.e. truly have a disability). 

In a lot of car parks I see the disabled areas are 'coned off'...  not so long ago I used a disabled space, I was on crutches (passenger not driving)... the car park was full and I didn't fancy working my way from deep within the car part - we pulled up, spoke with the guard, showed him the crutches, he moved the cone, no issues.

In the UK I would not have been able to do that.

But, I also wonder how man of the other cars just slipped the security guard a bit of money to move the cone... 

Thus, IF catching such an event on video - by all means, post it on social media (anonymously of course) - this is the only way for things to improve [social media that is] as letters of complaint will surely fall on blind eyes.

Your 7/11 is on a busy road with all parking taken up by food vendors, the 7/11 has 5 parking spots, one of those 5 is Mother & Child and another is Handicapped.

If the 3 normal spots are full, do you use the Mother & Child?

If 4 spots are full do you use the Handicap spot?

I know the answer because I asked the manager, but I'm interested in what you would do.