Handicap parking

Kenneth White

20 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Some truly saddening pics, I guess by the fact that they are straddling the bays that they know full well what they are doing and think that this is some kind of excuse for their behavior.

I am not disabled but have needed to use the parking from time to time. I try to park close to the store, leaving the bays free for people who need them more than I but if I do have to use them I'm really happy I have the opportunity to

"Some truly saddening pics, I guess by the fact that they are straddling the bays that they know full well what they are doing and think that this is some kind of excuse for their behavior".

"I am not disabled but have needed to use the parking from time to time. I try to park close to the store, leaving the bays free for people who need them more than I but if I do have to use them I'm really happy I have the opportunity to"

Jesus...your screaming hypocrisy.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, JBChiangRai said:
9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Are you disabled and if not why do you do that?  Can't you walk to the 7-11 from your parked car and give mothers and children and handicapped customers the courtesy that 7-11 clearly believes they deserve?

Expand  

There is no other parking

Are there no streets in your area?  What would you do if all the mothers with children and handicapped spaces were taken, then?

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Are there no streets in your area?  What would you do if all the mothers with children and handicapped spaces were taken, then?

The kerbs are painted, there is no other street parking.  If all the bays are taken I drive a few more km and go somewhere else.

I am comfortable that I am parking in the way that they intended, giving priority to Mothers & Handicap, but if no other spots available using them.  Actually, they are often used by motorbikes or other people who are neither mothers nor disabled.

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

What I do think is crazy is that the disabled spot at my local 7/11 is furthest from the door, any disabled driver is going to park closer to the door if they can and leave the disabled spot empty.

You're right, of course, park in the disabled spot so that the disabled can park nearer to the door because an able-bodied person doesn't give a shlt.  AN poster logic for excusing his discourteous behaviour at its best.

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You're right, of course, park in the disabled spot so that the disabled can park nearer to the door because an able-bodied person doesn't give a shlt.  AN poster logic for excusing his discourteous behaviour at its best.

I don't think you read my initial post.

I only park in those spots IF all the other spots are taken.  So how would the disabled person park nearer to the door when all the spots are taken?

3 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You could be right but were you able to establish simply by looking at them that they, or one of them, were not suffering from some medical disability that was not visible to a casual observer such as, for example, a heart condition?   Years ago in the UK I had a 38-year old friend who drove an XJS (not a Mobility vehicle) and was able to walk normally as far as any observer was concerned but he was granted a Disabled badge because he had a heart condition and he was subjected to abuse from people such as you who were ignorant to his circumstances when parking in those allocated places until they were able to see the badge.  Disabilities are not always obvious.

Pretty sure like most who park in these places that there was absolutely nothing wrong with any of them !

They seemed all healthy while eating an ice-cream each before then all having a cigarette each. Then when done 2 of them got in the back and the driver got in the passenger door before sliding over to the driver seat. Probably embarrassed as I was sitting near them and my wife who was driving was staring at them after she got out of the car.

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, ronster said:
4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You could be right but were you able to establish simply by looking at them that they, or one of them, were not suffering from some medical disability that was not visible to a casual observer such as, for example, a heart condition?   Years ago in the UK I had a 38-year old friend who drove an XJS (not a Mobility vehicle) and was able to walk normally as far as any observer was concerned but he was granted a Disabled badge because he had a heart condition and he was subjected to abuse from people such as you who were ignorant to his circumstances when parking in those allocated places until they were able to see the badge.  Disabilities are not always obvious.

Expand  

Pretty sure like most who park in these places that there was absolutely nothing wrong with any of them !

So how is a disability proved in Thailand in order to facilitate convenient parking in those zones?   Are you the one who makes the decision?

4 minutes ago, ronster said:

They seemed all healthy while eating an ice-cream each before then all having a cigarette each.

I didn't realise that handicapped people are not permitted to eat ice cream or smoke cigarettes, thanks for that information.   What other foods or relaxations are the disabled not permitted to partake of?

Can't park outside my local mini C or 7/11 after 3.30pm full of street vendors, again. 

The designated 'Car park' is inaccessible unless you have high ground clearance, due to the concrete gutter in the road put there by local council, that still believes water can run uphill :post-4641-1156694572:  

Edited by brianthainess