30 day tourist visa

I am going to see Bangkok and Chang Mai and Ubon and Udon districts. It will take me approximately 50 days. How do I extend my 30 day entry visa with 30 days. Can I go to immigration and pay 1900bath or do I leave on a border bounce.? VISA run?

There is no 30 day tourist visa. A Single Entry Tourist visa gives you 60 day stay on arrival with option of extending for another 30, and getting this would be one approach and has the advantage of not requiring you to deal with immigration in-country. Most countries can apply for this online.

What you are referring to is not a visa but a visa exempt entry, available for nationals of most western countries. This currently allows a 30 day stay which can be extended at local immigration office for another 30.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Alixqay said:

Can I go to immigration and pay 1900bath or do I leave on a border bounce.? VISA run?

No need to do border bounce.

Enter visa exempt for a 30 day stamp.

Prior to expiry attend immigration where you are at that time for a 30 day extension.

You will need a TM7 with photo.

TM30.

Basic photocopies of passport pages.

1900baht.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Sheryl said:

There is no 30 day tourist visa. A Single Entry Tourist visa gives you 60 day stay on arrival with option of extending for another 30, and getting this would be one approach and has the advantage of not requiring you to deal with immigration in-country. Most countries can apply for this online.

What you are referring to is not a visa but a visa exempt entry, available for nationals of most western countries. This currently allows a 30 day stay which can be extended at local immigration office for another 30.

13 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Thankyou for clarifying!

l couldn’t remember name of visa exempt. 

I wanted to do a online 60 day tourist visa. But when I came way in the pages there were lots of questions I could not answer. I have only booked 4 days in Bangkok and then 14 days in Ubon Ratchathani and then next might be Chiang Mai but they want exact info of all places, hotels and travel dates. Also the expedition time would be a problem. 

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Prior to expiry attend immigration where you are at that time for a 30 day extension.

TM30.

1900baht.

8 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

TM30.

1900baht.

Thank you a lot. I will do most of this in advance so I am prepared. Is TM 7 and TM 30 

downloadable from Thai embassy or could you help me with links?

13 minutes ago, Alixqay said:

Thank you a lot. I will do most of this in advance so I am prepared. Is TM 7 and TM 30 

downloadable from Thai embassy or could you help me with links?

For TM7 just type "TM7" into Google search.

Downloadable form will be listed.

It's a two page download.

Print it out double sided.

Also requires a photo.

Or just fill it in at immigration office.

As for the TM30.

Prior to attending immigration for the 30 day extension ask your hotel to take screenshot of the TM30 they file.

Obviously only check into hotel that does this..

You can apply for the extension couple of weeks prior to expiry of your stamp.

You do that at the immigration office where you are at that time. 

For your application you require TM7.

TM30 (screenshot)

Photocopies of photo page of pp and also entry stamp.

1900baht. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Love It 1