Minors Found at Entertainment Venue in Patong

webfact

34 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

If every nightclub in my UK in the past 40 years were closed down for people under 20 sneaking in , the entire nightlife in the UK would have collapsed

This is Thailand though, innit, where 20 is underage. You can buy a pint and go clubbing in UK at 18. Always could. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, nobodysfriend said:

She says that she is 20 , but has no ID to prove it = entry denied ?

Difficult for patrons to verify the age of customers before they enter .

Not really. Club in my local town in the UK the security refused entry to my then Thai gf who was in her mid 20's until we went back with her passport.

I was refused service in a beachside/hotel bar in the US when I was in my 30's until I produced my passport. The US I believe is somewhat stricter than Europe generally.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, topt said:

Not really. Club in my local town in the UK the security refused entry to my then Thai gf who was in her mid 20's until we went back with her passport.

I was refused service in a beachside/hotel bar in the US when I was in my 30's until I produced my passport. The US I believe is somewhat stricter than Europe generally.

i am not so sure about what you say is a fact. Not so sure since I could enter as an under aged without questions. Mostly it is on the appearance impression that people are stopped. 

49 minutes ago, Autonuaq said:

i am not so sure about what you say is a fact. Not so sure since I could enter as an under aged without questions. Mostly it is on the appearance impression that people are stopped. 

He is right! My Thai wife was refused a lottery ticket in tesco Scotland (it is stricked): she was mid 20's and pushing our 2 year old son in his pushchair and I was with her. You can go into a pub if accompanied with an adult in the uk but can't buy alcohol.