Outrage over Abbas's antisemitic speech on Jews and Holocaust

Social Media

49 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

You run in circles to avoid commenting on the reality that Israeli crimes against Palestinian’s increase the amount of antisemitism in the world.

Not necessarily; as has been stated repeatedly, antisemitism existed long before the Israeli state, and crimes committed by the Israeli government do not lead one to hate Jewish people any more than crimes committed by the current Russian government lead one to hate Russian people. Antisemitism is simply hatred of Jewish people, whether driven by the need for a scapegoat, twisted religious notions, prodding by demagogues for political purposes, or just pure racism. When the Israeli government persecutes Palestinian Arabs in the West Bank, that doesn’t help matters, but it doesn’t drive people to suddenly become antisemitic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

Not necessarily; as has been stated repeatedly, antisemitism existed long before the Israeli state, and crimes committed by the Israeli government do not lead one to hate Jewish people any more than crimes committed by the current Russian government lead one to hate Russian people. Antisemitism is simply hatred of Jewish people, whether driven by the need for a scapegoat, twisted religious notions, prodding by demagogues for political purposes, or just pure racism. When the Israeli government persecutes Palestinian Arabs in the West Bank, that doesn’t help matters, but it doesn’t drive people to suddenly become antisemitic.

Nor is any of it an excuse for Abbas’ deliberately offensive and inflammatory antisemitic statements.

Regardless of some wishing it to be so.

There is no excuse for antisemitism.

1 hour ago, JackGats said:

Which has been known and repeated and taken as read thousands of time by now, but is neither here nor there. The issue is the Palestinian getting vilified for stating trivialities.

I call B.S !

Your own post I was replying to suggested other reasons and failed to mention racial ideology. 

You have no defense for that and either does Abbas.

6 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

You overestimate the average person’s willingness and ability to bother with the intricacies and finer details.

For the majority of people, for better or worse, the terms Israeli and Jew are 100% interchangeable.

If Israel was a real partner for peace and genuine supporter of a fair two state solution do you think Abbas would be making these types of comments in public?

If Israel’s actions are contributing to Abbas making public antisemitic comments which in turn increase the likelihood of others then becoming increasingly antisemitic then Israel’s actions are likely leading to more antisemitism in the world.

22 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

You overestimate the average person’s willingness and ability to bother with the intricacies and finer details.

For the majority of people, for better or worse, the terms Israeli and Jew are 100% interchangeable.

If Israel was a real partner for peace and genuine supporter of a fair two state solution do you think Abbas would be making these types of comments in public?

If Israel’s actions are contributing to Abbas making public antisemitic comments which in turn increase the likelihood of others then becoming increasingly antisemitic then Israel’s actions are likely leading to more antisemitism in the world.

For the record Jewish people and Israel are NOT interchangeable.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

I have yet to see a post here where someone has come out and said “I hate Jews” yet you’ve labelled how many here antisemitic?

Its you who keeps saying the words " anti-Semitic" and the answer to your question is 0 /zero , no one .

I haven't labelled anyone here as being anti Semitic

On 9/9/2023 at 9:04 AM, Chomper Higgot said:

Do you agree that Abass’ comments provide political capital for the extremists in Israel?

oh yes , but they dont need any help fascist jews the same s fascist muslims or facist bhuddists , fascist christians and hindu's look at Modi   all the same  type of <deleted> all nazis  and power mad

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, liddelljohn said:

oh yes , but they dont need any help fascist jews the same s fascist muslims or facist bhuddists , fascist christians and hindu's look at Modi   all the same  type of <deleted> all nazis  and power mad

Not all fascists are Nazis.

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

We should have a thread in that.

If you send a link to the Forum news team they might put it up for you.

Why would I do that?

I am inclusive by nature so starting threads that you’d be too afraid to comment in goes against my principles.

19 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Again  Nazis are not the only flavor of fascism. 

True, but they are the top tier fascists and thus the final destination for all those that embark on that journey (as Israel has).

Ducklings don’t grow up to be swans.

Edited by MrMojoRisin
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, MrMojoRisin said:

True, but they are the top tier fascists and thus the final destination for all those that embark on that journey (as Israel has).

I reject your point. Israel, the USA, Russia, Hungary, etc. may be headed towards or at fascism but there is no nation state headed towards Nazism.

It's a classic and disgusting antisemitic trope to suggest an equivalence between Israel and Nazis. Hopefully you aren't fooling anyone with such perverted games.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I reject your point. Israel, the USA, Russia, Hungary, etc. may be headed towards or at fascism but there is no nation state headed towards Nazism.

It's a classic and disgusting antisemitic trope to suggest an equivalence between Israel and Nazis. Hopefully you aren't fooling anyone with such perverted games.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Why do you think that Israel is a  fascist Country ?

A better question would be “Why does former Israeli PM Ehud Barak believe the Israeli government is showing signs of fascism?”

https://www.timesofisrael.com/ehud-barak-govt-shows-signs-of-fascism-mass-non-violent-revolt-may-be-needed/amp/

• Confused 1