Scam call

StayinThailand2much

48 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

So, for you, language is like clothing? One must be "trendy" to be "in"? Once I got clobbered here for using "man" instead of "dude", made me laugh.

No

I actually liked to read "surfing" once again.

I commented on the fact that that word was used. I didn't comment if I like it or not. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/8/2023 at 2:01 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

"surfing Asean Now"

Does anybody still use that term, surfing the internet?

I think I heard or read that the last time over 20 years ago.

You didn't say what the current replacement is for "surfing the Internet". I can't think of any better terms. Please catch me up.

On 9/8/2023 at 1:48 PM, Tropicalevo said:

I receive quite a few +69 calls. I just block them.

Thought I'd solved my problem with +69 scam/call center calls by blocking the calls on the phone,  failed still got calls from same numbers, however it did slow them down, took the ultimate sanction and removed the old SIM card (DTAC). So far they haven't jumped to the newer True SIM.

On 9/8/2023 at 9:34 PM, StayinThailand2much said:

Interesting. I certainly didn't know the caller. Might have been a Thai male or some kind of a recorded message. If you google the number, you'll find websites with comments about this number in Thai and Dutch. I also found an article from "The Thaiger", warning that these +697... numbers are used by scammers.

They might be calls routed through the internet and are free, which is why scammers as well as genuine callers use VOIP. Costs them nothing. No way of telling if the calls are from people you know or not without answering. Easy to just hang up if it's a scam/advertising call. Years ago, when I used Skype, I learned that they have numbers in each country that the calls are routed through. You wouldn't recognise the number but it could well be a call from someone you know.

• Thumbs Up 1