Thaksin may be released on October 13th as his prison status becomes a growing political target

webfact

2 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

I didn't see this coming at all. Just kidding. As for amnesty I see another coup. I see pigeons everywhere. Coup coup they shout. 

No chance of a coup this deal with Thaksin was done at the highest level to keep MFP out of the picture which it has done. Everyone knew he would serve a very short time if any at all.

The average Thai could not care less and Thaksin still has a huge fanbase.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, thaipo7 said:

The next big thing to come will be with "BOSS" the heir grandson of Red Bull founder.  It will soon be 10 years since he killed the policeman at a red light in Bangkok.  Haven't been able to find this guy for the past 9 years or so.

I don't know much about the guy. I know he and his family are rich and he likes the luxury life. I am sure he can live that luxury life in many places on this planet.

Thaksin loves when the crowd kisses his feet. He loves it when the masses behave like he is the messiah. And that is something he only gets in Thailand. I am sure Thaksin missed Thailand every day. With the boss guy, I don't know if he cares at all. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It's not really a surprise that the criminal won't spend too much time in jail.

If he wouldn't have a deal, he wouldn't have returned to Thailand.

I think the big question for the future is if Thaksin will be quiet and play with his grandchildren or if he will be even more active in politics than he was already when he was officially not involved.

And will PT include him on stage as the all-knowing leader?

Thaksin's downfall was his big mouth together with his criminal behavior. Will he do more of the same? Will he continue to behave like he is above the law? If yes, then another crisis for Thailand won't be far.

I hope the best, but I would be very surprised if he would just shut up.

Yes there are a few people who just can’t shut up with the same old rhetoric.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, StayinThailand2much said:

Bravo! Whoever planned and directed this political farce should get an Oscar!

More like the Razzie, the dialog is stilted, too much camera flare, reaction shots are way too long, plot holes abound and in the end they go with a Deus Ex Machina to fix everything. 

Rotten Durian score: 50

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, koolkarl said:

And again the Thai people are sleeping.

It may not be fair to say they are sleeping, they are aware of what is/has happened.

But they also know what will happen if they step up and attempt to do what really needs to be done.

They've been given some very visual examples of how that pans out in past encounters.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I think the big question for the future is if Thaksin will be quiet and play with his grandchildren or if he will be even more active in politics than he was already when he was officially not involved.

Thaksin's downfall was his big mouth together with his criminal behavior. Will he do more of the same? Will he continue to behave like he is above the law? If yes, then another crisis for Thailand won't be far.

None of it affects your life.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Listen to Onemorefarang, he has a high reputation with over 53,000 points by over 20,000 postings. 

But:

We finally have no turmoil on streets anymore between yellow and red.

This seems to be over. The new PM wears red socks and a yellow tie. 

Peace.

????????

Edited by Tom H
  • Confused 3
  • Haha 2

It comes as his seemingly preferential treatment as a prison inmate 

I think a few hours at the detention centre doesn't qualify him as an inmate.

He reminds me of the outlaw Frank James (James-Younger gang ) who never served a day behind bars for the conviction of a life of crime, although he did time awaiting trial. 

16 minutes ago, Frankie baby said:

It comes as his seemingly preferential treatment as a prison inmate 

I think a few hours at the detention centre doesn't qualify him as an inmate.

He reminds me of the outlaw Frank James (James-Younger gang ) who never served a day behind bars for the conviction of a life of crime, although he did time awaiting trial. 

What do they have in common?

• Confused 1