Thailand makes headlines: Top 30 ranking in US News & World Report’s Best Countries List

webfact

9 minutes ago, CMHomeboy78 said:

Spot on.

I voted with my feet a long time ago.

The USA that I grew up in no longer exists.

There is nothing to go back to.

When I went back home last year, after not for 5 years, it sure felt like home to me. The area around San Antonio was a bit more developed, but I was surely home. Everything that was there when I left was still there, and it felt normal to me. This has never felt like home, although it has been for 5 years.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, KhunLA said:

"The report highlights Thailand’s low rates of poverty"

How low a bar do they consider living in poverty ????

Try Africa some some comparisons. How many people in Thailand require food aid?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

Try Africa some some comparisons. How many people in Thailand require food aid?

TH ... how many generations living in same house, sharing transport ?

Unskilled single person, trying to live on their own is near impossible, while trying to save money to better themselves.

Not a whole lot different from myself, as first apartment, was shared with a friend, and first house I bought, even had a boarder to free up some funds for investing in my future.  That crawl before you walk thingy, before being independent.

8 hours ago, bignok said:

I can see why the Thais don't like you.

Actually they do, because, unlike you, I treat others well, and they can spot fake easily. And how you come to that conclusion is beyond normal thinking, because I've never said anyone doesn't like me, but that my ex did things a normal woman doesn't. Many expats can relate to that. Many Thais don't like any foreigners, and it's because of that fake superiority that you show. You do understand that you are one of a few here that assume about others, that they know them, how they are beyond this forum, how smart they are, or how well they understand a particular subject. How you act here just might be how you are, and that's sad, because it isn't the best attitude if you want friends.

Edited by fredwiggy
  • Confused 1