How to throw out my girlfriend's son out of the house?

organicman

First need to understand what their arguments are about. Most likely money. Son feels entitled as. in his eyes mother has a foreign "sponsor" rather than boyfriend? Mother most likely feels obligated to a degree despite and possibly a cause for the fights ? ...and what about the father and other family members ?

• Like 1

Your girlfriend has to do it. Not something you should get involved in. If she also wants him out, let her show the conviction, and get rid of the slug. And besides, he is 27. Well past the time when he should be carrying his weight in society. He sounds like a coddled man/child. Do whatever has to be done, including changing all the locks while he is out, and packing up his stuff and leaving it outside. Do not give him money to leave. That will only make him feel more entitled.

Harmony in the home is essential for peaceful, pleasant living. Nothing worse than having someone living under your roof, who you do not like, nor respect.

Edited by spidermike007
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and when he comes back with 10 of his mates??????????????????

I can not predict what he would do, the son, but I believe I would manage one way or the other. I'm just answering on behalf of the information shared so far from OP. 

Seems the mom just want it  Solved  without police to save face. 

Police will remove him, if the mom owns the house. 

Edited by Hummin
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, organicman said:

That's a great idea!! When he goes to work,

He works? sounds like a keeper to me... just kidding but remember, even if you get him to submit with an arm bar, you will have to sleep sometime... please don't get physical... it is not likely to end well for you... 

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

You need to do it the normal eviction way. She needs to file a case against him and obtain a court order of eviction and a restraining order, then the police will handle it. The other option would be to rent him an apartment somewhere and pay him to live elsewhere.

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

Ignore all the negative posts. They never stood up for themselves and are scared.

Have a talk with him first and TELL him to behave or he goes out on his backside and you will change the locks.

In other words step by step - good advice!

1 hour ago, Andre0720 said:

They went back to the apartment with a pick-up truck, put al her stuff in the back of the pick-up, and asked my gf where she wanted her stuff sent.

My GF thought for sure that the police would side with her, no matter what....

Sounds like  a pretty good way for a Thai to save on   moving costs. 

Just call the cops.

Edited by In Full Agreement
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, FritsSikkink said:

Ignore all the negative posts. They never stood up for themselves and are scared.

Have a talk with him first and TELL him to behave or he goes out on his backside and you will change the locks.

The house belongs to the mother of this son (who the heck lives at mum's home at the age of 27)?

You should just check out, your GF is just a friend albeit a girl. Don't get involved.

21 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

You do nothing.

You are not involved.

You have no rights in this situation.

YOU don't touch him.

YOU don't touch his stuff.

You're just an acquaintance of a guy's mom who also lives in his mom's house.

There's a mom and another son, and probably other family in the village.

You find a hotel for the weekend.

They can handle it.

actually,  this is good advice ....   you tell the GF to have a serious talk to the son and have him out by Monday when you return from the hotel.    This will also solidify her conviction with you as true or imaginary.

2 minutes ago, steven100 said:

actually,  this is good advice ....   you tell the GF to have a serious talk to the son and have him out by Monday when you return from the hotel.    This will also solidify her conviction with you as true or imaginary.

Things to 'member:

OP isn't married to the lady, he has no authority in that household, of which bad boy IS blood-related.

Nasty things can happen when grudges are held.

Touching the boy may get an assault charge.

Touching the boys stuff may get a theft charge.

Helping mom move the boy's stuff is illegal work.  The boy can report you to immigration for deportation.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Do you actually know what goes on in Thailand? Apparently not.

Was here as a tourist for the first time 40 years ago. Working and living here, 2 children one of them going to university. Speak Thai and have a very big Thai family. Got some very good Thai friends too. 

You don't even live here anymore because you couldn't afford it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, organicman said:

I've been with my Thai girlfriend for over 5 years now. The youngest son is an angel while the older son (27 years old) is a pain in the ass. My Thai girlfriend fights with him all the time. He use to live in Bangkok but has moved back home to Kalasin and causing problems. My Thai girlfriend wants him kick out of the house. My question is, if it becomes physically with me and him, will I get into trouble with the police? I hear the police won't get involved in removing him from my Thai girlfriend's house (it's a family matter) so what will happen if I physically remove him from the house? I have a martial art background and he is tiny to the size of me. We will be flying back to Thailand soon. 

Rent him a "girlfriend" at the other end of Thailand... I think they made a few movies about that, not very realistic as they were Hollywood versions... Failure to launch or something like that was one of them...

• Haha 1

My God, the amount of people on here advocating violence!!!

Have none of you ever heard of TALKING it out???

Just sit him down, and tell him it's better for everyone if he moves back to Bangkok or wherever!

Offer him some financial incentive if necessary, you can get him a dirt cheap condo anywhere in Thailand for 4-5k.

Tell him you'll pay his rent for a few months, until he has a job and is stable.

Try that first, before all the threats and physical stuff you are being advised to do, please.

We (some of us) are not animals anymore.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Do you actually know what goes on in Thailand? Apparently not.

OP it's not your business. If she wants him out that's down to her.

I had the same problem with my wife's nephew. I got divorced, which solved that problem for me. Otherwise not a damn thing I could do except moan about him to her.

She may be unable to physically remove him and have no family or friends around to do it.

What then? Just sacrifice the property?

13 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If it were me in that situation, I'd tell her to sort it or I'd be leaving, and if she didn't I would leave. Life is too short to get involved in cultural problems that we will likely never understand.

correct .....   you tell the GF to have a serious talk to the son and have him out by Monday when you return from the hotel,  or your seriously leaving ...........    This will also solidify her conviction with you as true or imaginary.

one of two things will happen .....

• Like 1