Transferring Visa to a New passport

23 hours ago, steveb5 said:

What is the process of transferring  a Visa to a new passport. Is there a form I need to download for this and can I make an appointment or walk in only.

I presume you mean extension stamp

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

True.

However the OP is in Thailand and been on extensions based on retirement from his other posts.

Then he should write Extension not visa.

Having read most of the replies, I wish you good luck to make an informed decision. Maybe the good one is to go to IO as soon as possible to solve this as requests from IO officers are unpredictable but from my experience it is not a good idea to go there last minute for anything as I suspect officers might feel pressured and they dont like that

All the stories about showing two passports to pass customs are to say the least extremely dubious.

10 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

Any stamp in ones passport is a visa. An extension of stay is a visa giving permission to stay.

No it aint buddy, a visa is a visa stuck in your PP

An extension is a stamp in your PP NOT A VISA but hey up to you, whatever you want to believe. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Indeed.  No wonder people still get confused about what are completely different things!

True. We sometimes get criticized for being too pedantic.

One example is the OP stating...

"What is the process of transferring  a Visa to a new passport"...

Now what does he actually have...

Could be a ME Non O visa.

Could be he actually is on extensions from a Non O (single entry) 

Hence at start of thread I looked at OP,s other posts in various threads.

Clearly he is on extensions.

Then you can post advice. 

23 hours ago, mokwit said:

likewise at CW, also bankbook updated on the day for retirement extension.

How do I print out the TM30? Mine was printed out from the Immigration Office computer and I don't have a copy of the original form or the computer file. I live in Nakhon Sawan. It's stapled in the back of my passport.

Edited by Acharn
Add residence information

27 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Indeed.  No wonder people still get confused about what are completely different things!

Agreed people come on AN seeking advice/help yet can't get their terminology correct, and when you point it out or dare even ask, they still think they know all, like RTP don't have a right to check your PP. You can't help those who can't help themselves.  But I must admit my IO always call my extension a visa, extension is a hard word for them to pronounce init.

3 hours ago, MrNatural said:

All the stories about showing two passports to pass customs are to say the least extremely dubious.

Nobody is suggesting using two passports at customs. Your new passport with the entry stamp is perfectly sufficient if the customs officials ask to see your passport.

The necessity to show both the old and new passports exists when checking in for your flight with the airline, or when passing Immigration on arrival in Thailand. In both cases, it is because there are relevant stickers/stamps (visa or re-entry permit) in the old passport  required to enter Thailand.

4 hours ago, Acharn said:

How do I print out the TM30? Mine was printed out from the Immigration Office computer and I don't have a copy of the original form or the computer file. I live in Nakhon Sawan. It's stapled in the back of my passport.

Never heard of a TM30 printed by Imm. You can print a screenshot though so maybe that is it, or was it aTM47 (90 day).

It seems to me that you will need to do a new one with new passport number (I did), probably manually - don't know if you have an online TM30 account or if it can accommodate a passport number change.

20 minutes ago, steveb5 said:

I have another question. How about doing the  90 day report online with the new passport data. Anyone have any experience and Will they accept the new passport information.

The first 90 day report on a new passport has to be done in person.

MY own situation is my UK passport expires in June 2024 but I already applied for and have a new passport. {Incidentally when you apply a year early like I did it runs 23 to 33 so you lose a year}

My current retirement visa runs out in Jan 2024.

I have to visit Immigration for a proof of address to register a motorcycle for DLT.

Is it likely they will  transfer my visa at the same time or do I have to wait till my next visa in January.

1 hour ago, Tanlic said:

Is it likely they will  transfer my visa at the same time or do I have to wait till my next visa in January.

You have to request transfer of stamps. Immigration does not just do it and has requirements.

In the main just photocopies of pp pages.

Seems you are obtaining a certificate of residence at immigration.

You would need to do passport update

5 hours ago, steveb5 said:

I have another question. How about doing the  90 day report online with the new passport data. Anyone have any experience and Will they accept the new passport information.

5 hours ago, MikeN said:

The first 90 day report on a new passport has to be done in person.

Might be possible to use the online method if the transfer of stamps from old to new passports has already taken place. But would it not, in practice, be better to do a 90-day report in person at the same time as the stamps transfer (as I did after renewing my passport last year)?

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1