Apple's new iPhone 15 is an underwhelming 'slap in the face,' say disappointed fans

WhatMeWorry

"Disappointed fans", shouldn't these disappointed folk have done their homework before their purchase...........????

Did they think at the touch of a button it would turn into an electric scooter, or start their flat battery car...................????

If these folk need a "look at me" via a phone, that is pretty sad...

If Apple made the 15 Pro max half the weight of a 14 Pro max, then that would be really something.....????

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

That's a service you pay for. If you didn't pay for Apple Care that would not have happened, you'd have been asked to fork our 10k+ for a new screen. You can also buy extended warranties that cover accidental damage with Samsung and other brands. I'm not an Apple hater, I have an iPhone and a Macbook, but posting as though Apple did that out of the goodness of their heart is ridiculous.

BTW the screen stopped working on my Macbook Pro recently. I had purchased Apple Care + (well, my company did) so it was still under coverage. Guess what? It's only going to cost me 3,500 baht to fix it. But wait, I had paid 9,000 baht for Apple Care +, so shouldn't they fix it for free? Nope. Without Apple Care it would have cost 10k for a screen replacement, but because I paid 9k for Apple Care it's "only" going to cost me 3,500 baht. Yeah, great customer focus, great company, who else gives service like that?

Lazada new iPad touch screens are a couple of hundred baht, depending on the model.....????

We have a 12.9 iPad Pro gen 2, yes it is old, but I can get a new touch screen via Lazada from China for 800+bht delivered and fit it myself....????

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Lazada new iPad touch screens are a couple of hundred baht, depending on the model.....????

We have a 12.9 iPad Pro gen 2, yes it is old, but I can get a new touch screen via Lazada from China for 800+bht delivered and fit it myself....????

I thought you had an aversion to "Chinese junk"?

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

I know the topic is Iphone 15, so this just a short story for the Apple haters.

My 8 years old somehow broke the screen of her Ipad, so off we go to the Central World Apple store. There they check our appointment and Apple care status, look at the tablet and their computer system and after a couple of minutes: "Lucky you are we got one in stock, you get a new one". Tell me if you know another brand with a service like that.

You're not trying to claim that Apple does that for every customer who has broken their screen, are you?  Apple does not replace broken screens free of charge unless it it covered by the optional, paid for, warranty.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

Last March, I upgraded from my memory-hogging iPhone 7 Plus to the 14 Pro Max.  Outstanding phone, camera and speed.  Last month, my wife got the 14 Plus.  
I would recommend the iPhone 15s to anyone looking.  And Apple claims some 15s will come from India instead of China.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

My 8 years old somehow broke the screen of her Ipad, so off we go to the Central World Apple store. There they check our appointment and Apple care status, look at the tablet and their computer system and after a couple of minutes: "Lucky you are we got one in stock, you get a new one". Tell me if you know another brand with a service like that.

When did you purchase it?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ravip said:

When did you purchase it?

Doesn't matter, it was indeed covered by Apple care+. But the point is that they didn't replace the screen, they took a brand new Ipad out of stock, sent us off to have a coffee somewhere while they copied all data, settings and apps from the old tablet to the new one. Apple doesn't tinker, or rarely, they replace damaged units and sent the old ones to factory for refurbishing. 

Also I had a Macbook pro that got badly damaged by a swollen battery, keyboard, and full body needed replacement, they asked me to pay 7000 Baht for battery replacement and replaced the unit. Took a while because my keyboard showed hebrew caracters.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

This is an example of the fantastic service provided by apple. One example, I had a MacBook Pro picked up by courier on Tuesday afternoon and returned on Thursday mid morning with a replaced motherboard. 

There is a reason why Apple is constantly rated as top company for service.

• Thumbs Up 1

An interesting article Alfred E. Newman. I do miss the Spy vs Spy vs Spy cartoons. You would think that at some point the Apple cultists would finally be satisfied with their very expensive iPhones and not shell out so much money for "new and improved" ones however, so very slightly. But that is not what the Apple Company wants as that would hurt them financially. So every September add a little tweak to the existing iPhone and call the faithful to the Apple stores to shell out even more money.  At some point, the faithful will realize the ruse and stop the madness.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

And you paid extra for that cover, if you hadn't bought that extra cover Apple would not have replaced it out of the goodness of their hearts.

Well, my guess is that any sensible person would buy an Apple care + plan. Just as anyone in his right mind would make  sure to have proper health cover.

But I am not sure it is wise to say so here.

23 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Well, my guess is that any sensible person would buy an Apple care + plan. Just as anyone in his right mind would make  sure to have proper health cover.

But I am not sure it is wise to say so here.

I think it was about 9k baht for 14 Pro Max for Apple Care. And it had some limitations, like it was only covering first incident and not 100%... I can't remember what it was again. So many believe that it's not worth it. But then again, when it's a portable device, the chance of it getting damaged, lost, stolen, etc. is much higher than a desktop computer, hence I understand why compared to price of product, it's higher than their computers. Service of Apple, when item is well taken care of (looks like new on the outside but has electronic problem) is usually very good and includes item replacement. If it's beaten up, they'll replace with "refurbished" though.

1 hour ago, Ben Zioner said:

Doesn't matter, it was indeed covered by Apple care+. But the point is that they didn't replace the screen, they took a brand new Ipad out of stock, sent us off to have a coffee somewhere while they copied all data, settings and apps from the old tablet to the new one. Apple doesn't tinker, or rarely, they replace damaged units and sent the old ones to factory for refurbishing. 

Also I had a Macbook pro that got badly damaged by a swollen battery, keyboard, and full body needed replacement, they asked me to pay 7000 Baht for battery replacement and replaced the unit. Took a while because my keyboard showed hebrew caracters.

So you say. Great!! Seems like Apple gives lifetime one to one replacements.

So purchased date doesn't matter. I  guess even the purchase receipt is not required.

Great indeed!

Edited by ravip

53 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

There is a reason why Apple is constantly rated as top company for service.

There is a reason why Apple is constantly rated as charging top prices for their products and service.

See what I did there?

Why would I pay 9k, on top of that already overpriced product, for care+ as it would cost me less to replace my phone, which does the same an iPhone does, and more

48 minutes ago, Keep Right said:

An interesting article Alfred E. Newman. I do miss the Spy vs Spy vs Spy cartoons. You would think that at some point the Apple cultists would finally be satisfied with their very expensive iPhones and not shell out so much money for "new and improved" ones however, so very slightly. But that is not what the Apple Company wants as that would hurt them financially. So every September add a little tweak to the existing iPhone and call the faithful to the Apple stores to shell out even more money.  At some point, the faithful will realize the ruse and stop the madness.

The exorbitant price you pay not only covers the device price, it gives a boost to the purchaser too.

1 hour ago, Ben Zioner said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

And you paid extra for that cover, if you hadn't bought that extra cover Apple would not have replaced it out of the goodness of their hearts.

Well, my guess is that any sensible person would buy an Apple care + plan.

I agree...but my point was that your original post implied that Apple were doing you a great favour and offering service that couldn't be found elsewhere by providing a new device to replace the damaged item, free of charge, when they weren't. They were replacing yours with another that you paid for via the extra cost warranty.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I agree...but my point was that your original post implied that Apple were doing you a great favour and offering service that couldn't be found elsewhere by providing a new device to replace the damaged item, free of charge, when they weren't. They were replacing yours with another that you paid for via the extra cost warranty.

Hilarious. Just said that their service was outstanding. No one could expect a free  outstanding service. Would you? 

And don't know of any  other IT brand who systematically replace damaged or faulty gear.

Edited by Ben Zioner

17 minutes ago, Ben Zioner said:

Hilarious. Just said that their service was outstanding. No one could expect a free  outstanding service. Would you? 

And don't know of any  other IT brand who systematically replace damaged or faulty gear.

Neither do Apple. My MBP is away for two weeks to fix a non functional screen - under Apple Care + and an additional fee of 3,500 baht for this repair according to their policy. I don't expect a free service but I do expect it to be free if it my computer stops working properly and I had purchased AC+ for 9k baht.

Apple replace it in the first week of ownership as a policy. After that it is a repair job unless the damage repair is too much hassle that it's easier/cheaper for them replace it.

And have you ever read the Apple Care + terms and conditions?

• Like 1

Broken screens taking out the whole laptops has been a feature for as long as laptops have been around. For this reason I much prefer a mini desktop and separate monitor, keyboard and mouse. This way none of the peripherals are built in and can be easily replaced with a quick trip to banana. And my moniyot is bigger than any laptop monitor. If you really need to travel a lot then portable monitors are around these days, albeit expensive. Still waaaay better than a busted monitor taking out my computer.

I currently have an ASUS mini ryzen 7 running ubuntu and an Apple mini m2. At 20,700 baht it's an outstanding computer for that money.

I like the apple mini because the midi will play Amazon Music at full 24bit/192KHz resolution. Ubuntu can't get past 24/44.

I have an android phone, don't like apple phones.

Edited by ozimoron