Minimum Wage Increase to Be Proposed to Cabinet This Month

snoop1130

1694769447_727621-tnamcot.jpg

BANGKOK, Sept 15 (TNA) – The Ministry of Labor is making headway on a crucial proposal to adjust the minimum wage rates and enhance workforce productivity ahead of the Cabinet meeting scheduled for September 25.

The aim is to secure approval by November, offering a timely New Year’s gift to the Thai people.

Labour Minister, Pipat Ratchakitprakarn led a delegation of ministry executives in talks with chairman of the Federation of Thai Industries (FTI) , Kriengkrai Thiennukul and members of the FTI committee to discuss the minimum wage adjustments and labor productivity enhancements at the FTI headquarters today.

Full story: Thai News Agency 2023-09-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Enhance labour productivity,if they increase the minimum wage it

would be very nice to increase the productivity also.

Just increasing the wages is  a step backwards imo.

There is no way i will pay my worker more if he does not show a better attitude towards his job.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, jvs said:

There is no way i will pay my worker more if he does not show a better attitude towards his job.

It's "minimum wage". Nobody will have to upgrade work quality ????. And you are not the 1st employer who is not happy with employees.  They don't work as good as you expect even for their own business if they have any. 

Pipat and his present as well as past cronies simply don't get it. Those increases, without any impact on productivity , are exclusively borne by the private industry, i.e. the corporate juristic tax payers. 

If salaries go up unjustified, the inflation is curbed - explain that to Khon Thai. His salary increase from 200 to 300 Baht (Yingluck's government) meant 50% from bottom or 33% from top which might account for the fact, that the noodle soup increased from 30 to 35-38 Baht.
Latter though was not understood as the electorate is too uneducated to understand, that noodles and the soups need to be made prior to consumption and if the making increases - it might affect the costs 8-). 

But, and that's where the corporate tax payers come in. If unjustified rulings come from higher up, the work is relocated and Cambodia was a big winner already in the past. Just keep indirect vote buying with promises IF elected and you will run out of those who pay for your populistic election promises.

Considering the vote outcome in May this year it is quite apparent, in which direction all this is heading .... but someone has to explain that in slow, clear spoken spellings to people like Pipat ???? 

23 hours ago, jvs said:

Myanmar workers have a better work attitude. 

• Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, hotchilli said:

A gift to the Thai people... a fair wage is a right not an effing gift

Aside from this, I'm sure there would be considerable differences and perspectives as to what a fair/living wage might or might not be. An item of life that elite legislators cannot relate to. 

Allow the working class labour market to suss these issues out themselves. 

On 9/16/2023 at 1:28 AM, hotchilli said:

A gift to the Thai people... a fair wage is a right not an effing gift

Quite agree. The minimum wage in Thailand is barely enough to keep a family in food and shelter. Their health and education gets neglected, how can this help them or the country ? Another reason why Thailand is stuck in the dark ages.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2023 at 6:10 PM, jvs said:

We have more Loas and Cambodian staff at my work now.

Thai's are lazy.... and greedy and readily call in the union when they are instructed to do the job they are paid to do. 

Edited by Ralf001