Thailand launches online platform for foreign tenant registration

webfact

6 minutes ago, HauptmannUK said:

My wife owns a couple of condos in Pattaya. She was registered for the old online TM30 system and earlier this week received an email asking her to register on a new tenant reporting system. New URL etc.  So I assume this is rolling out nationally.

Same here in Phuket my wife got the email this week, 

• Thumbs Up 1

The new system has been rolled out yesterday, and the 'old'  IO TM-30 website cannot be used anymore. 

As expected (TiT) there are quite some problems/questions from people trying to register on the new system and filing a TM-30 notification.

The issues as well as the solutions (if known) are addressed in these two concurrently running new threads on the subject.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1306628-tm30-new-website-address-for-filing-notifications-and-registration/

https://aseannow.com/topic/1306565-new-tm-30/

Edited by Red Phoenix
  • Thanks 2

Has anybody got in already ? The old version, with the excel type form was so unclear if the data had gone through or not. And it was not the most intuitive form I've encountered on the net. Hope the new one will let go the "Thai" logic for a more international logic ????

• Like 1

I have had countless landlords who refused doing the report for me, or even they did, only once, which is not helpful. The last landlord agreed after I asked 10 times, to give me the full access instead, I now can enter TM30 for anyone I like but it is still the old system too.

I do not see the point anyway, people can still just check in a hotel for 1 day, and have one too, while otherwise staying under the radar. Same for the fact that I now control my own TM30 reporting or those of others, I can help out getting one.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, happysoul said:

Has anybody got in already ? The old version, with the excel type form was so unclear if the data had gone through or not. And it was not the most intuitive form I've encountered on the net. Hope the new one will let go the "Thai" logic for a more international logic ????

My friend with a resort on island south has this very modern app, look sweet. I hoped to get that too as of my post above but I somehow also have the old excel styled script (chiang mai).

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, ChaiyaTH said:

I have had countless landlords who refused doing the report for me, or even they did, only once, which is not helpful. The last landlord agreed after I asked 10 times, to give me the full access instead, I now can enter TM30 for anyone I like but it is still the old system too.

I do not see the point anyway, people can still just check in a hotel for 1 day, and have one too, while otherwise staying under the radar. Same for the fact that I now control my own TM30 reporting or those of others, I can help out getting one.

The TM-30 notification from a 'night-before-Hotel-checkin' will only be accepted by Immigration for TOURISTS wanting to extend their Permission to stay, as tourists do not have an 'official address for Immigration purposes'.  When applying in-country for a Non Imm O Visa, or applying for the 1-year extension of a home-country acquired Non Imm O Visa, Immigration wants additional evidence for the address you are staying (e.g. a rental contract and/or copy of house-book together with a copy of Thai-ID card of the owner of the premises).  

2 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

The TM-30 notification from a 'night-before-Hotel-checkin' will only be accepted by Immigration for TOURISTS wanting to extend their Permission to stay, as tourists do not have an 'official address for Immigration purposes'.  When applying in-country for a Non Imm O Visa, or applying for the 1-year extension of a home-country acquired Non Imm O Visa, Immigration wants additional evidence for the address you are staying (e.g. a rental contract and/or copy of house-book together with a copy of Thai-ID card of the owner of the premises).  

Never needed the lease or a copy of the owner or a TM30, when extending with my agents in the past years on non-o family. Just needed to give the address to them and write a map once.

However since 1-1.5 year or so, I noticed that I have to now always give a copy of TM30 with extensions, might be much longer already but I didn't do it myself at the time and the past year i was travelling in and out a lot without a yearly. Hence my TM30 system in place now.

Anyway same answer, so easy to still do that / produce it + stay under the radar.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

1 hour ago, ChaiyaTH said:

Exactly. Happened to me last year at chaeng watthana. Spent 1 night at hotel and paid a fine for not reporting back.

Fortunately those with Elite membership visas costing million baht and up are spared from such petty scrutiny.

Oh wait....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, happysoul said:

I have 2 houses, each in different provinces. I only report in the province where I do my extension and never (and never will) report in the other one.

Your 'official address for Immigration purposes'  is in the province of the Imm Office where you do your yearly extension.  You would not be able to get any service from an Imm Office in another province, unless you relocated to that new address and provided the local Imm Office with a TM-30 (and supporting documents) of you having moved there.

11 hours ago, Celsius said:

Exactly. Happened to me last year at chaeng watthana. Spent 1 night at hotel and paid a fine for not reporting back.

Fortunately those with Elite membership visas costing million baht and up are spared from such petty scrutiny.

Oh wait....

I also spent 1 night in a hotel last year and when I came back to Hua Hin I did nothing and the next 90 day report went through as normal. I guess it depends on which are you're in and how they apply the rules.

I went there to get a new Thailand Elite visa inserted into my new passport.

https://tm30.immigration.go.th/TM30/Foreigner/

https://tm30.immigration.go.th/TM30/Foreigner/RegisterEn/Register.html

https://tm30.immigration.go.th/TM30/Foreigner/RegisterEn/

https://tm30.immigration.go.th/TM30/Foreigner/TM30EN/

Probably subject to change as they figure out why some of their links have a 404 error, or a blank web page etc. 

e.g. https://tm30.immigration.go.th/TM30/

Edited by radiochaser

We tried register a new guest yesterday. Directed to new site where we had to register again for new password. Once into site we had to transmit our document files. after all that we could not get confirmation our guest actually in the system.

Guess I we have to study help topic mentioned above. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, ukrules said:

I also spent 1 night in a hotel last year and when I came back to Hua Hin I did nothing and the next 90 day report went through as normal. I guess it depends on which are you're in and how they apply the rules.

That's fully correct.  According to the 2021 changes to the TM-30 regulations, you do not need to re-submit a TM-30 when returning from a domestic trip or even from a Re-Entry Permit protected international trip.  It is only when you move to another address and want to make that your 'official address for immigration purposes' that you need to notify the local Imm Office of that change of address by providing them with a new TM-30 and accompagning documents (e.g. the rental contract and/or the house-book of the new place).

Unfortunately there are a couple of Imm Offices - like the Chiang-Mai one - that do require that you re-submit a TM-30 after having returned from a domestic or international trip.  That's probably to 'keep them busy' as at CM there is a separate office for TM-30 notifications. 

And of course those foreigners living in Chiang-Mai province or one of the other provinces where the Imm Office never 'got the memo' that it is not required anymore to re-submit a TM-30, will often vent their anger/frustration on this Forum about it thereby creating the impression that this is a nation-wide issue, while it are only a couple of Imm Offices that are not following the official regulations.

Note: At CW they are now requiring that when applying for your 1-year extension of stay that you need to provide a print-out of your TM-30 notification as part of the 'required documents'.  Absolutely idiotic as that notification is available and accessible in their TM-30 database (otherwise you would not have been able to get hold of your current permission to stay). 

23 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

there are a couple of Imm Offices - like the Chiang-Mai one - that do require that you re-submit a TM-30 after having returned from a domestic or international trip. 

If this is actually true I would never live there. I mean... I'd already never live there but this is a total deal breaker

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Red Phoenix said:

Note: At CW they are now requiring that when applying for your 1-year extension of stay that you need to provide a print-out of your TM-30 notification as part of the 'required documents'.  Absolutely idiotic as that notification is available and accessible in their TM-30 database (otherwise you would not have been able to get hold of your current permission to stay). 

This obsession with TM30 for people on 1 year extensions who have a stable address and 800k in the bank does not address the problem as stated by themselves. Were the Iranian Bombers and Erawan bombers on retirement extensions or VE/VoA?. What about tourists in an unregistered AirBnB?

Meanwhile MILLIONS of people come on VE/VoA and stay/overstay - many in an unregistered property - what have they done about that? Oh yes, they made a cute video asking property owners to register.

Clearly people on extensions are the easy enforcement - don't even have to leave the office. If someone can't produce a TM30 it is their Landlord they should take it up with, not make it our problem by refusing to extend. Apparently TM30 as a requirement is not enforced for priority WP/visa at Chamchuri Square.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

We tried register a new guest yesterday. Directed to new site where we had to register again for new password. Once into site we had to transmit our document files. after all that we could not get confirmation our guest actually in the system.

Guess I we have to study help topic mentioned above. 

I tried today to check our new guest and today and my guest was entered in the system ok. My error as I did not select which of our 3 properties to make the search. In the old system we has a username and password each property. This new site we can enter all 3 properties. Makes much easier for me. Just need remember to select which property. All in all a big improvement. Just wish they has a print receipt function. I have to use print screen function collect in Paint app. Trim page and save with a new file name. Then send file to my guest.

19 hours ago, Krabi King said:

We've been using the Section 38 app for some years already. I assume we can keep using that.

Screenshot_20230917_145033.jpg

You have to re-resister for the App as well. Your old user name /password is gone. I still haven't figured out how to re-register for the App. On the main website you also have to enter mandatory fields to Report. One mandatory field is Check-Out. But I live in my condo full time and don't Check-out. Before you could just Report Check-in and leave Check-out blank. I really hope they fix this.