Russell Brand: BBC and Channel 4 investigate allegations

Social Media

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

and what, exactly, does that have to do with unproven allegations against Brand?

IF, and WHEN he is PROVEN guilty, he'll be sentenced.

Unlike some, I don't take everything that a female says to be gospel, unless it's proven.

I think he's saying Masterson was guilty so Brand must be guilty as well.

Another poster knew he was guilty "just by looking at his face".

Another is denying YouTube cancelled him over this.

I think your expectations might be too high given the type of posters on this thread. ????

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

I can't stand Brand. Just his voice winds me up, the dropping of the T's in every word is enough to make me switch off. But canceling him before he's seen the inside of a court is absolutely shameful behaviour. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

I'm the same way.  I can't even get through the intro to any of his videos. 

But I'm thinking of a few drunken (and extremely consensual) trysts back in my drinking days and wondering what would happen if I got rich, famous or controversial.  Could one of them from 40 years ago put me out of business and even have me locked up just by being more convincing in front of a jury?  Or worse, put me out of business before the evidence is even heard...

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Could you make that just the executives that made the decision. U Tube per se is a useful tool.

Indeed. A great tool. But when you look at the profile of the owners and the culture within the company it becomes all too clear why they are canceling people they disagree with. 

They're a bit like Twitter before Musk came along.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

#believeallwomen was a ridiculous concept. Because of course, women NEVER lie ????.

I can't stand Brand. Just his voice winds me up, the dropping of the T's in every word is enough to make me switch off. But canceling him before he's seen the inside of a court is absolutely shameful behaviour. What happened to innocent until proven guilty?

YouTube have essentially removed his ability to support himself on the basis of an unsubstantiated claim. Contemptible. If found not guilty I hope he sues them to oblivion.

‘Discovery’ would be fun.

Do I’m guessing Brand won’t be suing anyone.

3 minutes ago, impulse said:

But I'm thinking of a few drunken (and extremely consensual) trysts back in my drinking days and wondering what would happen if I got rich, famous or controversial.  Could one of them from 40 years ago put me out of business and even have me locked up just by being more convincing in front of a jury?  Or worse, put me out of business before the evidence is even heard...

It's a scary thing. All you need now is an accusation and your ability to support yourself and your family is removed within days.

Welcome to 2023. Trial by social media. Guilty until proven innocent. 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

So your objection to Brand being investigated is your fear it might happen to you one day.

Did I get that correct?

3 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

It's a scary thing. All you need now is an accusation and your ability to support yourself and your family is removed within days.

Just stick within the terms of use, you’l be fine.

Or don’t build a business on a platform you don’t own.

2 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

So your objection to Brand being investigated is your fear it might happen to you one day.

Did I get that correct?

Of course not.

The issue is having your ability to support yourself and your family removed before you've even BEEN investigated.

But you already knew that...

Just now, Chomper Higgot said:

Just stick within the terms of use, you’l be fine.

Or don’t build a business on a platform you don’t own.

Or don't hold the 'wrong' views.

Or don't get accused of something from 20 years ago.

Just now, JonnyF said:

Of course not.

The issue is having your ability to support yourself and your family removed before you've even BEEN investigated.

But you already knew that...

Sorry Johnny, I was responding to the arguments made by impulse.

He seems concerned he might have problems ahead of him:

11 minutes ago, impulse said:

42 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If that is true I might have to change my mind about him. Never liked his style in the slightest and refused to watch any movie with him in it, but if he is using his position to attack the establishment that would have to make me rethink about him.

If ever a media deserved to be attacked, IMO it is the mainstream media.

Why would him attacking the establishment relieve you of everything you don't like about him, if you are one of those "stop oil" fruitcakes, I will understand your stance/thoughts.....????

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, JonnyF said:

Or don't hold the 'wrong' views.

Or don't get accused of something from 20 years ago.

Where is your evidence that Brand has had his YouTube account frozen because he ‘holds the wrong views’?

If you are arguing people shouldn’t be held accountable for their own actions please be clear about that.

8 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I recall a woman from my 30's.  We dated for a few months, when out of the blue she demanded a ring or she was leaving.  When I declined her kind ultimatum, she was so angry that I'm sure I'd be in rape court if that happened during Me Too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, transam said:

Why would him attacking the establishment relieve you of everything you don't like about him, if you are one of those "stop oil" fruitcakes, I will understand your stance/thoughts.....????

Ever heard the phrase "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"?

BTW, I never said I'd love everything about him, and I do love driving my oil powered car.

Without oil we'd still be using horses and dying of starvation.

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Ever heard the phrase "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"?

BTW, I never said I'd love everything about him, and I do love driving my oil powered car.

Without oil we'd still be using horses and dying of starvation.

I never said you "love" him............????

• Haha 2

I was never interested in that guy and obviously I don't know the truth about these allegations.

But it seems he is another man whose life is ruined just because of some allegations.

What happened with innocent until proven guilty? Or does that not apply anymore to guys when women accuse them and want money?

And about women who went out with him and complain about him: What did you expect from him? Did he ever give you the impression that he is a vanilla guy? If you don't want that sort of guy, then don't go out with him! 

If anybody has evidence against him then bring it forward in a court of law. And if he is found guilty then you can rightfully avoid him and demand he should be punished, etc.

Until then, remember: innocent until proven guilty. 

On 9/18/2023 at 3:16 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

Russel Brand isn't in the slightest bit funny at all , he is mouthy, self obsessed , always talking about himself , seems to be heavily into alcohol and drugs and seems to be obsessed about sex and seems to like telling other people about his knob .

Sounds like hes training to be a Pattaya bar owner and I wouldnt be surprised if he ends up living in Thailand 

So what?

If nobody likes him then nobody will follow him on social media and no women will go out with him and nobody will visit his future bar in Pattaya. Fine.

And just in case people want to follow him on social media or women want to go out with him or guys want to be in a bar with him then that is also fine. Let them do that.

What's so difficult about accepting that lots of people are different from each other? 

If he did anything criminal then I am sure the authorities will investigate him. Fine. And maybe they will find he is guilty. And maybe they will find he is not guilty. Judges should judge him according to the laws. 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I was never interested in that guy and obviously I don't know the truth about these allegations.

But it seems he is another man whose life is ruined just because of some allegations.

What happened with innocent until proven guilty? Or does that not apply anymore to guys when women accuse them and want money?

And about women who went out with him and complain about him: What did you expect from him? Did he ever give you the impression that he is a vanilla guy? If you don't want that sort of guy, then don't go out with him! 

If anybody has evidence against him then bring it forward in a court of law. And if he is found guilty then you can rightfully avoid him and demand he should be punished, etc.

Until then, remember: innocent until proven guilty. 

I have always avoided the bloke.............He's a tool with probably the equivalent fan base................????

1 minute ago, transam said:

I have always avoided the bloke.............He's a tool with probably the equivalent fan base................????

Probably.

And if those fans want to follow him, then let them follow him.

And if some women want to get f%@# by him, let them be f%@# by him.

As far as I know nobody is forcing all those people to do that.

And it seems he is not playing the snowflake and is deceiving people. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JonnyF said:

All we need is to fill the position of Witchfinder General.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/18/2023 at 3:16 PM, Nick Carter icp said:

Russel Brand isn't in the slightest bit funny at all , he is mouthy, self obsessed , always talking about himself , seems to be heavily into alcohol and drugs and seems to be obsessed about sex and seems to like telling other people about his knob .

Sounds like hes training to be a Pattaya bar owner and I wouldnt be surprised if he ends up living in Thailand 

Erm… ☺️
I wouldn’t be surprised if his first sexual experience was in Thailand. 
Not judging, some might consider it a ‘rite of passage’. 

25 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Perhaps they will bring back the ducking stool. If the accused drowns they ain't guilty, and if doesn't drown off in the tumbril to the guillotine.

If they brought it back it would be for middle class white men only!

In the west there's hardly any laws enforced to punish women.

And if they do, it's only a fraction of the punishment that men would get.

Edited by BritManToo